1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben’s life after football…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 18, 2022.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Expanding God's kingdom? Finally someone with the balls to start a crusade! At least I hope Big Ben will be crusading and not just leaving bibles in hotel rooms or starting a megachurch. I'll be honest, these millennial Christians just don't stack up with their faithful antecedents.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The one dude he was FaceTime’n with was the dude from DCTalk.

He must be really into modern Christian music?

4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    did he join a cult? ;)

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I wonder if snake handling is gonna be involved?

6. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Should start a band with Bruce Arians. They can tour with James Dolan. Sort of a Blues Traveller tribute band vibe. Benny & Bruce. "Baby you got me so low, low, low / I'm about as low as I can go, go, go / I'm worse off than Canada's RPO / baby you got me so low, low, low"

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ben became a really changed man when he met his wife.

He didn't have the greatest reputation around town with things, and of course you have allegations. Which I don't believe, I think it a was pure money grab. Do I think he did stuff with those women sure, but I don't think it was ever a level of rape, ever. Had it been there would of been evidence and he would of been charged and tried and never was.

It wasn't a very good time for it to go down. There was a lot of pressure put on Dan Rooney to trade Big Ben, but he was steadfast and held tight, and he took the Steelers to the Super Bowl in 2010 after being suspended for 4 games. That was a good team (Steelers nearly went 4-0 with Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon to start the season, while Ben was suspended they went 3-1)

Ben became a lot better person, from 2011 to 2022. Sadly, we didn't have the championship success with nicer more friendly guy, but he always kept the time competitive and not bad.

I think meeting his wife getting married, having 3 kids changed him to be a better person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    If Ben isn't going to be walking around in chainmail, wielding a claymore, then I don't want to hear it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he is a fan of Chris Tomlin, someone I enjoy listening to. He had a rocky personal life start in the NFL, seems that he and God have come together, I am happy for him. Toby Mac, from DC talk, I think. I love Toby also, DC Talk in the 90's was a fav of mine too.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i used to say that too, as soon as Ben met Jesus, we stopped winning!!! Yes, he is a changed man, I do believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    We didn't win championships any more because our Stellar defense got to old and lost too many players.

We then got a really good offensive football team 2015-2018 but couldn't get it to mesh with a good enough defense to win a Super Bowl.

Kinda of stinks though we won Super Bowls with the more jerk Ben than the good guy Ben.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

He had been dating her for a few years before the rape accusations.

13. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    "Expanding God's kingdom" could translate to reproducing far and wide. :lolol: Seriously though, a lot of former hell raisers turned to religion to straighten out their lives.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So it was just a money grab and it happened to Ben twice.
    So here we have a guy that has a horrible reputation, particularly with women, and coincidentally he gets accused by two different women, but it's just a money grab.
    I guess that makes sense, because athletes are facing those allegations all the time, you know, by crazed women who just want money. It happens all the time to rich athletes, right?

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This board has always had a "no religion" rule. It's there to prevent flame/holy wars from erupting. Similar to the no politics rule meant to prevent unnecessary fighting and animosity. And because it's way off topic.

Since the discussion is about Ben, we can let it slide a little. But tread carefully. Any sign of trouble, trolling, fighting, or posturing will get this thread locked and/or deleted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Needs to be more sufficient evidence. Not enough to bring up charges.
    Plus if I'm in somebody shoes and I was raped, a little bit of money and settling out of court isn't going to make it better.
    I would want to see the person in jail and wouldn't rest until they where.

Did Ben make poor choices and put himself in bad situations sure. But, there was never any found sufficient evidence to ever charge him criminally.

Now Deshaun Watson with 20 complaints I have a hard time standing up for and saying this is a money grab by 20 different women.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did You say Holy Wars

:rawk:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It happened to Bettis. Just saying...

(of course, the DA determined it was an attempt to extort money, and it got cleared up very quickly)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Insufficient evidence is different than innocent
    It also helps to be hanging out with an off duty cop the night someone makes those allegations.
    Anyone who doesn't think that would help Ben's situation is extremely naïve.
    Of course it doesn't mean he did anything wrong, but if he did something wrong, having an off duty cop there sure would help

But like I said, it's obviously one big coincidence Ben, with his reputation, just so happened to be accused by two different women.

If Ben wasn't a famous football player, there's a very good chance he would have at least been charged and forced to defend himself in court. Money and fame go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll see your Holy Wars and raise you a This Day We Fight.

• Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up::rawk::thumbs_up:

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Heathen! ;):lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I didn't read any posts so I'm sorry. I did read the title and immediately think

"Ham sandwich"

More power to Ben in all good actions.

(Aside from what hell do to that ham sammich)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Sir, this is a Steelers board. It’s …

Heeeeathen!