1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Wild Card weekend!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Jan 15, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's up with You and Ben??
    I could talk about the weather, and You would bring Ben into it. LoL.
    Also... So KC....the team that has been in the last 2 SBs wasn't just kicking A$$ . LoL. I hope You can get over Your Ben hate. Maybe after He's out of the league a few years I can bring something up, and You not bring Ben into it.
    LoL.
    :thumbs_up:
    No biggie.
    No reason 2 get upset.
    That comment was really meant for Blast Furnace, and our ongoing thing. He just hasn't taken the bait yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah. :thumbs_up:
    Mobile(running Qb)2 Me is You can't play if you can't run.
    That takes Mahomes out, but yes Allen falls into that category. I also don't believe in Him(J. Allen)

• Like Like x 1
  3. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    No hate for Ben here, you insert him in you passive comments. I have given and continue to give the respect he deserves. We all age and I don't get mad on message boards.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Cool, but I didn't bring up Ben you did. I brought up Mobile Qbs. Ben's not our Qb anymore. I don't even think about Him as our Qb anymore. Right now Mason, and Haskins are. I'm passive because I'm a nice Guy, and a sweetheart. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    So Rams beat Cardinals, Bucs beat Rams and they're likely back in Green Bay again for the NFC championship. Here we go again :facepalm:

Let's hope Rams put up a fight next week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    GB had no home advantage last year without fans and still would have won if Lafleur had huevos.

7. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    You brought Ben in with this post:

"Hmm. If only we had a mobile Qb. LoL.
    Sorry. I actually like Murray. I just think He's 2 little.
    I've only read 92 comments today saying if only we had a mobile Qb."

When you say we, it indirectly inserts Ben as the object. Most of us just talk about the game and the players playing the current game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Still doesn't mean they won't blow it again. And considering the weather last year they still had that advantage. Well Brady is used to playing in cold weather but still.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We means Ben????
    Ok:thumbs_up:

10. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Stafford is a pocket QB- he isn't mobile but he's kicking ass. Ben no longer being mobile was #41 biggest problem with the Steelers offense. Stafford had 43 yards rushing this year- not very mobile and he was a possible MVP candidate at one point.

11. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Mobile to me means the ability to extend plays.

12. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Brady is a great cold weather QB for sure. It just adds difficulty for the offense on the road usually. TB has the better defense so it should be close. I took Buf over GB before the playoffs started so it's all confirmation bias from now until I'm proven wrong :hehehe:

13. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Our offense really wasn't designed for that and Russell Wilson would struggle to extend plays behind our OL.

Ben was really good in Fichtner's offense. I just blame Canada. I told everyone who would listen Fichtner wasn't the problem and the offense would get worse and so it went.

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No you didn't hear it 80 times, nor is it all over this board. You completely exaggerate what people are saying. You think people want a running QB like Hurts. No one on here wants that. What we want is someone that is a good QB that is mobile and not a statue. More tools in the tool box is never a bad thing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hard to say which is worse being the 14th ranked team of 14 and getting handled by a talented Chiefs squad or cruising to your division title and stumbling into the playoffs to get manhandled by the Rams

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell You have said it 20 times yourself. LoL.
    Hahahaha. Just playing. Yes. Of course I'm exaggerating. You never exaggerate????

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Both are bad, but for someone 2 win .....someone must lose.
    Will only be one Happy team at the end of it.

18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    To me mobile QB means two working legs with the ability to move around the pocket.

Running QB is one that has designed running plays.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I couldn't handle a QB with one leg. The color commentator would explain his back story twice every game while the play by play guy would complain every throw that "He's throwing off his back leg."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oof.

21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ohh man... poor Kyler

It takes quite a bit for Skip Bayless to turn on someone he likes; doubly so a Sooner. However, when he does turn on that person.... he does not hold back.

• Like Like x 2
  22. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    My ranking of the eight QBs left in the playoffs (records in () are vs. remaining playoff teams):
    *Rodgers did not play in the Packers loss to the Chiefs.
    8. Garoppolo (3-2)
    7. Tannehill (4-0)
    6. Stafford (1-4)
    5. Burrow (1-2)
    4. Allen (1-2)
    3. Rodgers (3-1)*
    2. Mahomes (1-3)
    1. Brady (1-1) (#1 until someone knocks him off the throne)

So one of the top 4 QBs will be out this week for sure. Cincinnati has the talent to beat Tennessee, yet Tennessee is undefeated vs. remaining playoff teams, so I think the Titans beat the Bengals. The Rams win was vs. the Bucs, but at home. I think KC wins at Buffalo. TB beats Rams at home. GB beats SF at home.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sounds eerily familiar…

• Like Like x 2
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I only watched the first half last night, but from what I saw Murray was only part of the problem. His offensive line was bullied constantly and he was constantly on the run on designed pass plays. I’d guess that an All 22 view will show a lack of open targets in the 1.5 seconds that he had to throw as well. He clearly made some bad mistakes, but his team got trucked in every phase of the game. If Arizona agrees with Bayless that Murray isn’t their answer, send him our way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes he never turns on a Sooner. I don’t think He will. No way He can defend Mayfield, but not Murray.