1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers will select 20th in the 2022 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Remahlehs, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Barring top QB talent falling to the team, I'd prefer going OL or MLB. That could be expanded to DL if Tuitt is not coming back.

The NFL landscape is changing, and veteran QBs are not as hard to come by as they once were. Trubisky, Carr, Cousins, Mariota, Garappalo, and Dalton are all realistic options that would give us competent QB play to complement this defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    This draft sucks for QBs and none is worth taking at 20. We need about 3 new OL, at least another DL, a WR1, two new ILB, a new CB, new S, RB depth, on and on....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Seriously some of you need to sit down and watch game tapes. Trubisky belongs in the XFL or the USFL. As for the others it won't matter until the Steelers fix the o line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Look at what remains for most teams (not all) that are left in the NFL playoff race.

Elite and good talent at QB.

This draft may not be the one where we take one. Else you are sure you got a guy. Plus its usually very tough picking at 20 for that to happen.

But other than QB the Steelers have many needs and they are many.

5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Word is Matt Ryan will be released. Sign him asap.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  6. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    This just seems like a how to on going .500 and never having a chance to draft a franchise QB.

Once a team gets to the playoffs they usually need a top 10 QB to avoid being at a significant disadvantage before the first snap is played.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    We already had a washed up past his prime QB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe the Steelers can relocate to Boca Raton since their QBs are on a retirement tour? Make Alex Guerrero the head coach?

Just kidding. It's not the worst idea but I think Ryan is a big dead cap hit for Atl. Could be wrong.

9. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I agree that this is a bad year to draft a QB. I would go with the Reindeer for 2022, trade down and get an extra middle rounds pick or two, get a good ILB and shore up the lines. I doubt you could realistically do more than that in one year. Another Minkah type trade would be nice if they can manage it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    At this point, Reindeer can do what Ryan could do, and they already have him.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Pickett will be long gone before 20 and we will waste TJ Watts career with mediocre coaching the same way we have been doing it for the last decade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    People also need to understand that free agent QBs may not be jumping at the chance to come here. Our offense isn't the most attractive at the moment.

13. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    This may be the worst team I ever saw that won 21 games over a two season span. I don’t know how that was done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    That can be changed by simply FIRING EVERYONE!

But really I think money talks and some QBs aren't going to get a chance to start elsewhere.

15. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    ive yet to hear any realistic option from anyone. Everyone here seems to think a first round QB will just be good because they were taken in rnd 1 . The others think we just need to trade for Rodgers or Wilson. Neither is happening. It’s stupid. Ryan is actually a real possibility and he’s not a bad QB . Give him a good line and he’s better than Ben right now.

Im also wondering why Canada hasn’t been fired yet. Yes KC is awesome but their defense isn’t the reason they’re awesome. Our offense is a disaster. Fire this clown asap and get a capable QB. Use the draft and FA to fix the oline and LB issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    who the hell do you think we can sign that will be any better? Good QB’s dont just come out of your ass. There are no good options in the draft and there’s little available in FA. Trade? Who would trade a good QB? And what are you willing to pay? We have way more problems to deal with and QB isnt the worst of our problems. We cannot afford to deal first rnd draft picks for 2 years to get a good qb. If someone else gets cut sure they’ll be an option but all we can do is sign someone who’s actually available. This is not a madden video game

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Hey, I was just teasing. What I would do is trade this year's first for a first next year to a non-playoff team. Some team would move up if a player they had high dropped to 20.

Use those two firsts next season to move up for a QB. Right now Tyler Shough looks like he has a lot of potential- good feel for the game, mobile, elite arm talent. Suck for Shough?

18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I watched Matt Ryan play a couple of times this season. He is awful. I would stay far away from guys like Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton. Those guys probably wouldn't even be an upgrade over Rudolph, let alone Ben.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The only QB worth entertaining a thought of coming to this team would be Rodgers. A whole lot has to be fixed first though. Fire many of these coaches. OL, DL, OC. We all know the HC is safe but he should be shown the door as well.

I'd blow the whole thing up and hire someone with fresh ideas.

Also, why is Colbert going to perform our draft needs and then split? Show his a$$ the door also. He's struck out a lot lately anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bringing in Ryan would be super stupid and a repeat of this year. He’s done, too. Doubly so for Dalton.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

so who's the better option? Don't say Rodgers ...it aint happening. lol. Everyone is quick to say NO this or that guy sucks! We need to get Rodgers or maybe Tom Brady! duh... Is there a way we can trade for Joe Montana? Not the the guy now, but Joe in his prime. We should do that. Maybe we can just trade every draft pick we have for Mahomes?

We use a #1 pick on a QB, then get ready for a true dose of BAD qb play and losing. Also realize that we will need to ignore another big problem to draft a QB that has about a 2% chance of being a good starter. Ignore the O-line, D-line, LB, and secondary so we can reach for a mediocre at best QB. Sounds brilliant.

Hitting on a rookie QB is rare when they are considered can't miss prospects. Reaching for a rookie Qb that's considered by everyone to be mediocre at best and having that player work it is even more rare. Having a bad team draft a QB and having him work out is again even more rare. Looking at the best QB's in the NFL right now. Pretty much all of them were drafted by good teams and play for good coaches. Neither of which is true in Pittsburgh right now. We do not want to draft a QB and I hate to break it to everyone but no one is going to trade us a great Qb.

22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Great coaching and great QB play

23. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The team has already said they are basically going with Mason next year which they should have done this year while using Bens money to fill holes. All this year was is a waste to the start of a rebuild. Guys like Cam and TJ lost a year of their prime without the organization building and advancing for the future once they decided to bring Ben back.

24. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

If we cut Ben before this season we would still have had to deal with his cap hit. It wouldn't have free'd up much $ to sign anyone that would have made any difference on this team. We did sign some FA's and they stunk. We gave TJ Watt Ben's $. All of those players you mentioned would have lost a year with or without Ben. I'm guessing we'd have a few more losses due to more turnovers. Instead of drafting 20th we'd probably be drafting in the top 10. Guess that's a plus we missed out on.

If there are no coaching changes this off season then next season will probably give you what you wanted. Mason at QB and more losses. Maybe if MT has another great season we can win 8 or 9 games.

25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Well we should have done something as soon as Ben injured his elbow at his age. That was the end of any meaningful games he could provide us anymore. Business side of sports is ugly and loyalty to a fault waste years.