1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistically, your thought on 2022 QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 16, 2022.

1. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    The only QBs that have done okay under Tomlin have been vets that already know the NFL game. The draftees have all been disasters.

I really doubt that this staff can develop a rookie QB. Also doubt any premiere QB is going to come here with the abomination of an offensive line and an offensive coordinator that was fired from his last two jobs.

Best shot is to rebuild the oline in free agency, ride and die with Najee, and try to be next year's version of the Colts. If we somehow get average QB play, we could look more like Titans.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I keep hearing about “so many holes”, I think you continue to work on the line (that wasn’t going to be fixed in one offseason) and find a QB (easier said then done, I know) and this team is competing for the division title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Middle linebackers have to be addressed. The secondary is horrid against elite QBs. NFL doesn't allow defenses to be dominate anymore. All those things and you get the Steelers....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah, I think there are a lot of holes.

I don’t even love our secondary outside of Minkah.

They are serviceable, but serviceable will not get you a trophy.

5. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    This is something that should’ve been already in process along time ago. For the life of me I don’t understand why they haven’t drafted a quarterback who could’ve learned under Rothlisberger for the last couple years. Even if he wasn’t a first round stud somebody that has some upside and is young. That said we have nobody and Mason Rudolph isn’t squat. From what I’ve seen from him he sucks that’s why he’s a backup. Unless we get an intermediate QB because we won’t find a top-flight QB in free agency we’re going to be a .500 team best. The Steelers front office doesn’t go after top-flight free agent quarterbacks or at least it hasn’t been their history. The Tomlin streak of never being under .500 is going to be at an end next year I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Most secondaries are. Mahomes shreds everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I can't believe this team for so long was perfectly fine with Randy Finchtner being in charge of developing these young prospects. The guy obviously had no clue wth he was doing in that aspect.

8. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I’ve read they like Pickett Ridder Willis and Strong my guess is they draft one of these guys in the 2nd round release Dobbs and trade either Haskins or Rudolph.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not quite, he has some clunkers this year

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m leaning towards liking him despite last season. Even if he’s just Baker with a better head on his shoulders, that’s worth a shot. I have a lot of film to watch on all of the QB prospects though.

11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Those the the exception, not the rule. Let’s not forget it starts with the defensive line and 2/3rds of it are on IR.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we need coaching. our defense runs around haphazardly and each player is out of control around the play much of the time.

we need inside LB'ers.

RT, RG.

i keep adams. i keep witherspoon. minkah. we need to replace joe haden. not sure norwood is the answer full time back there. we need a better slot corner or move sutton and get one outside.

QB

not that far away. good draft and a couple of good free agent pickups and we could be in the thick of it as these guys mature in the NFL. :cool:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    “HE” being the key word there. Not because anything secondaries were doing. Mahomes was forcing things early in the year, looking for the big play instead of letting the game come to him.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    What I'm thinking but pretty sure 2 or 3 will be gone before second round.

15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Not being a smart Ass but... NOBODY...Is trading for Haskins or Rudolph...You couldn't GIVE them away! If they not good enough for the Steelers ( and they're not ) why would they be good enough for any other team! :shrug:

16. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Idk but I would try. At the very least they need to draft one and release Haskins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    SiriusXM NFL Radio Blitz just made a prediction that the Steelers 2022 staring QB is not currently on the roster.

Bruce Murry, Rich Gannon.

18. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Apparently fitz is a bills fan

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Not saying He's not, but I can find a fan of every team that says this year in,and year out.
    Heard the same from OSU fans about Haskins, and countless others.