1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Troy Roosevelt Bell, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Troy Roosevelt Bell

Troy Roosevelt Bell Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Well, tonight is obviously not our night. Several off-season moves need to happen: 1) Need to find a quality free-agent quarterback (Rudolph isn't the answer); 2) cut Joe Haden (too old); 3) improve the offensive line; 4) Replace the OC (hard to say as Big Ben was not even a shell of himself; 4) Replace the DC; bring Dick Laboe back for that matter ; 5) Let Edmonds walk, not a playmaker; 6) Replace special teams coach (Give up too many splash plays); 7) Need younger def. Lineman (Heyward is old); 8) draft a top-notch receiver as Dionte Drops Another One Johnson has got to go! ; 9) I could go on, on, on , on!!!!!

Steeler"T"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Troy Roosevelt Bell

Troy Roosevelt Bell Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Does anyone else agree?

Steeler"T"

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    That's asking an awful lot in just one offseason. Especially for a team like the Steelers, who were never big players in free agency to begin with.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Hey new guy, replying to your own thread after just posting it 4 minutes earlier because nobody replied seems a little desperate. You do know there's a game day thread where most people are posting, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Heyward is old? He is a freaking stud, I don't care how old he is.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    draft a WR!? Heyward is old!?

I'm very confused.

8. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    not to mention having probably the best season of his career. but we certainly do need Dlinemen if for nothing else depth. henry mondeaux ? :puking2:

9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    How does replacing both ILB not make the list? That’s #1 priority IMO.

10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Think I lurked on here for two years before I started a thread, and none based on as ridiculous a thought as this. Heyword is old? He’s a freaking all-pro. Not pro bowl, not second team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    So, besides replacing the entire coaching staff, we need to draft a) a first round safety, b) a first round cornerback, c) a first round defensive lineman, and d) a first round wide receiver. You’re not very good at this, are you?

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Blow up the organization. Let other teams saliva themselves all over Tomlin. You will never get a higher return on investment than they can get right now. Trade Tomlin for draft picks and get Pickett.

I congratulate Tomlin on a non losing season career but it is time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    1. Rudolph is OK as a placeholder for a year. If I thought we had all the pieces I’d be cool reaching for a Rodgers or Watson, but we have a lot of issues.00
    2. We can demote Haden to 3rd or 4th CB, that TD in the corner was all about effort. I hope it’s not an old athlete situation where he’s going to start doing just enough to keep collecting checks
    3. I think 1 or 2 interior picks would help a lot starting with RG. Don’t think we need a total overhaul. I don’t know our blocking scheme, but I also wonder if Harris isn’t making some of the right rotations.
    4. Agreed, I’m not sure about Canada. I think it was his play calling or it could be Ben just not putting in the effort. Unfortunately, we’re not going to know until we give him another year
    5. I agree, but I can’t read coverages
    6. Agreed, Why do we always have ****ty ST?
    7. Agreed, but having guys who can play would also help
    8. Agreed, I’ve lost my faith in Claypool. DJ is great but he’s not a clutch WR. We need a #1 to take the pressure off DJ

14. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    hayden is a free agent, he isnt ours to demote. honestly i think if a team is going to get anything out of him now, it is going to have to be at safety he doesnt have the legs to stay with receivers anymore, but his experience might make him a good center field free safety.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree that a lot of those things they will do. I think the biggest help would be firing Tomlin. That won't happen.

Tomlin will want a veteran QB with mobility. The reality is that franchise QBs almost never get to be free agents- we will be taking someone else's castoff. Tomlin will get another "not losing" season and if we are lucky enough to make the playoffs expect a defensive collapse not seen since the Maginot Line.

16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    You don’t replace a guy, Heyward, who just had an All Pro season. Find guys to compliment and take the load off of him.
    We’ve seen the Steelers w/o Haden this year and it wasn’t pretty. Unless we can find a stud to replace him, bring him back for another year.
    DJ has been solid this year. He had a bad game, for which there is no excuse, but that’s no reason to dump him.