1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland to keep Baker

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 9, 2022.

1. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I think the Browns were correct to take Baker's 5th year option. They can take a QB if they drop for value this year and have more flexibility next year either draft or FA.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You guys do know Baker was playing with an torn labrum in his left shoulder since week 2, don't you? And a broken humerus in week six, thanks to TJ, while also suffering his 3rd dislocated shoulder of the season in week 6. And he missed one game. Two, if you count the last one.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That doesn’t make up for His most ints in the league since He's been the Qb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He had 13 this year, as many or fewer than 2022 Pro Bowlers Mahommes, Jackson, and Herbert and one more than Pro Bowler Brady. And his first two years with the Browns, who were still in full Browns mode at that point, he had 35 of those, and only 20 the last two years.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Still most of any Qb since He's been the starter. You can't say He didn't have any weapons. I think they should bring Him back for the same reason as FosterMorris said, but that's the only reason. Oh! Also because I'm a Steelers fan....So He will always give us a chance. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I hope they sign him for 10 years!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'd like to see a three tiered lottery system where the top 10 worst teams get chosen for the top 10 picks, then the next 10 and the next. SB champion always gets last.

Of course such a system could increase the number of teams who tank on purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Thank you. I mean I'm not rooting for the guy but all these people throwing dirt on him already are completely off base.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Best highlight involving Baker:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    well this didnt age well... :roflmao:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    This is his whole "me against the world" BS he hypes himself up with. Who wants the Browns to lose?! Almost everyone pities them. Most NFL fans want them to win. Most people exaggerate their roster talent a lot.

Maybe he really was meant to be a Brown... the perennial underdog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I like this decision as well like u guys. He is by far currently the worst QB in this division and I don't fear the browns. But he is not so worst as some of u describe him. He had some good phases in the past 4 season. This year is horrible. But last year he was more than average. He had also a good post season in 2020 imo. I think his biggest issue is his size. he is to small to be a good QB. It's not just his interceptions, he also have an insane number of deflated passes/ tipped balls. This year he got sacked 43 times or more. There is something more wrong in Browns offense

I agree that he is just average with no special. But then what is Mason? We'll find it out very soon

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lot of back and forth here over a QB that just isn’t very good and works in the Steelers favor if Cleveland keeps him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Makes one wonder if Skip Bayless has multiple accounts on here? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Long term the Browns should be trying to improve at the QB position. I think everyone agrees on that.

The difference in opinion is how that should be done. This is a weak QB class. The obvious choice, Kenny Pickett, I expect will go to the Detroit Lions for a Staffordesque career. Goff has two more years on his contract. The Lions can cut him for a $10M dead cap hit after June but probably will the following season for just a $5M dead cap hit and Pickett starts his second season. That just makes too much sense.

After that there are no clear QBs who have a high chance of being franchise QBs. We all have our favorites but how many are guaranteed to be better than Baker was last year?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For sure, I have no idea what the answer for them at QB will be if not Baker. I just like that they haven’t found a QB after all this time and still need to address it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes. I Lived there when it happened. We were all saying they should Have that cop on the Razorbacks. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Yep. The best the Browns have done at QB in 20+ years is an average NFL starter probably in the 15-20 best range. Once you get to the playoffs and most of the top 10 QBs are there you are playing at a deficit every year.

With Ben retiring we need a similar strategy. I'm hoping we can move up to 10th and take a potential franchise QB like was done to get Bush. Probably not this year though. Will probably need a strong QB class to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Forget the Browns! I'm more worried about who we're gonna have for a QB! We might end up envying Cleveland for having Baker!! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You will all be shocked when Ben announces he wants to play in Cleveland. ;)

21. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:whistley:

• Agree Agree x 1