1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My First Steelers Home Game!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jan 5, 2022.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’ve seen them play in other stadiums, Monday nite was my first home game!!!

1st, thanks for all the suggestions I received from you guys!!!

1- View coming thruthe tunnel was Awesone!

2- Took the Incline and the View from atop Mount Washington Was the Best!!

3- Shopped the Strip District , very cool…

4- Ate at Primanti Bros…. Thought they were not as good as Advertised But it’s still a check on the Bucket!!

5- Ate at Peppi’s—— Great Experience, Loved “The RoethlisBurger” and “ The Joey PorterBella”….. This place exceeded my expectations !!!

6- The Game!!!! It was packed!!! It was loud!!! We Chanted, “Cleveland sucks”!! “MVP” when Watt made a sack and we Made Ben Cry chanting “Thank You Ben” on multiple occasions!!!

7- Renegade was AWESOME, with 65000 Terrible Towels was a memory I won’t soon forget!!

Here we go Steelers Here we Go!!!

Cajunyankee

• Like Like x 29
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Fantastic

Regarding Primanti’s, I don’t think it’s the same as when I first started going there. But, keep in mind, that was about 50 years ago, and usually about 3 am for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Happy to hear you had a great time. That had to be an awesome game to be at especially afterwards with Ben doing a victory lap

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I really never got the Primanti Brothers thing and I used to live there.

I much prefer Wholey fish market. Probably for sentimental value more than anything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Glad you had a great time, Cajun. I commented in the game day thread that it looked like that game would have been a blast to attend. The Yinzers were all wound up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Honestly, the original Primanti's in the Strip used to be pretty good. Haven't been there in years, though. My wife and I have been to the one in Harmarville and their pizza is pretty damn good. As far as the Strip, I liked how it used to be when I was a lot younger. When I was in my early teens, I used to help a family I knew that had a fruit market for many years and part of our job was to go there very, very early in the morning and purchase produce for the store. I loved those trips, especially breakfast at DeLuca's.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    My uncle was telling me about running down there and grabbing fruit out of barrels as a kid. I used to live over in East Liberty as a toddler and remember when they did that renovation/revitalization over there. Was sad last time to go back and see the Sears/JC Penny gone.

I can't remember whether t was my grandparents or mother, but I do remember going down there and eating from Wholey's kitchen at the back. (Before they renovated it and got all fancy)

• Like Like x 1
  8. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    We donated our 4 tickets to a not for profit to auction off at their golf outing as a fundraiser.......who knew

• Like Like x 4
  9. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I recorded the game for later watching, my wife and I had both made signs!!! We saw our signs when we watched the recording and really laughed when the commentators said “ is the crowd saying Cleveland Rocks” because it was clear what we were saying!!!! And it wasn’t rocks!!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 4
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I was eagerly waiting for him to get to where we were when suddenly he turned and went back towards his bench!!! I was bummed but I guess someone else was more bummed as some guy tried to run onto the field but security tackled him!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I thought that was what happened. I was in 500 section, so I couldn’t make it all out.

Yeah I wish he had done the full lap around the stadium, he deserves it. I wonder if someone told him to turn around after that happened?

I also wish the photographers would have given him more space.

I remember after they beat the Ravens to go to Super Bowl Lamar Woodley did a jog around the entire stadium hi-fiving all the fans. It was pretty cool to see.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    TTF needs to add a Steelers heart emoji to the emojis. Something like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've only been to one game at Heinz field, and it was when Duck played against the Browns. Would have loved to have been there for this last Monday night game.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That was Bennie.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Of all the home games to go to you picked one of the all time memorable ones.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Still a fine thing to do :thumbs_up:

I do that pretty much every year with my preseason games, or donate them to a family who otherwise couldn’t go

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    My four kids got together in September and decided to their parents Steeler home tickets, they picked the Monday nite game and Boy was it Great!!! I Love those kids

Cajun

• Like Like x 3
  18. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    The World needs more people like you!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m kicking myself for never seeing Ben play. I suck ass, all the worst kind

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Awesome man! Yeah about primanti definitely overrated imo but I enjoyed the experience. Pittsburgh folks were nice compared to Texas lol

21. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's fantastic! I was lucky enough to go to a home game the last year Three Rivers Stadium was up, 22 years ago. 15-0 over the Bengals. I still have memories of the highlights, just like that. At my game, we also got a reaction out of one of the players with a chant. We chanted, "MVP" at Josh Miller, who was having a killer game punting, and our offense was so terrible. He looked at us and said, "shhhh...." and everyone laughed.

I loved Primanti Bros though!

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You have one more chance

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Haven't seen you in a long time, good to see you back.

We haven’t had a good debate in years !!!
    Peppis’ is Better than Primanti Bros!!! LOL

Cajun

24. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Can’t wait for my first time at Heinz. Wanted to do it before Ben left, but not meant to be. Kind of disappointed though to find it the Strip District is for shopping.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Why?