1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Big Ben stay in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just don’t think he gets that emotional if he thinks he is playing elsewhere next season. The whole family being there, his interviews talking like he is done, I don’t see it.

2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He may not have officially said he’s retiring, but he did say, maybe even last season, that he wouldn’t play anywhere other than Pittsburg.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    He's taking a play from Elway's playbook. Get the NFL all geared up to send him out a winner ("This one's for John") and then deciding you're not retiring. Making the NFL do it again the next year so the first one doesn't look so obvious. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Fich isn't in Denver is he?

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Not yet. I don't think he is employed right now.

6. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Right. And he said about his emotions to beeing out of the game: it's probably sink in the most when its time for next year Training Camps.
    But being no participant in Training Camps is nothing new for him. Right?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Never say never Blast. It's his last game for the Steelers. I do think he should retire though but money talks.

Since all the rumors that Faker Mayflunk will be traded or released after this season wouldn't it be crazy if Ben landed there for a year. They draft a QB. Ben plays for his hometown team who passed on him.

Wonder what SDOT would say? :lolol:

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ashley graduated from Laurel HS in Lawrence County and her parents still live in the area too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes and no. Bettis actually formally announced his retirement after the super bowl. Sure, there were hints along the way just like Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    You’re either her father or her #1 stalker.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I doubt that since he is not very popular around here. He might live closer to Reynolds Plantation area where a lot of big shots have lake houses on Oconee. JMO>

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ben will stay in the burgh after retiring, all of Ashley family in the area. I know people that their kids go to the same school as Ben kids and he talks to them often about Pittsburgh and how he loves it there. Along with all the love he gets from the fans, I believe he will stay in Pittsburgh and vacation often to other places.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Ben just built a huge new joint, its out of the city of course but really close. He's not leaving the area.

He also owns two other homes, one in Georgia on a Lake, and I heard he maybe also owns one in Conneaut Lake, PA, but I'm not sure on that.

You could of bought his old house a couple years ago for only $3 million. It was super nice too ( I looked on it on Realtor.com) , but in Allegheny county the taxes were $73,000 a year.

LOL... It did have a cool #7 in the bottom of the pool. I believe his old house was on MTV Cribs back in the day.

I'm not sure where he built his new one, but I would of built in a different county if I was him...

His wife is from New Castle and her family is all around the burgh so I doubt they leave. She is Physician Assistant in a Cardiologist clinic, supposedly I believe she even still works. Which give her credit for. Because she doesn't need to do it for the money, she must be doing it because she really wants to do it.

14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I just live a few miles from Laurel HS, it was a big deal around here when Ben married a local girl from such a rural area.

• Like Like x 2