1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With this win

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 16, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Three more chances to get that one win. I so hope it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    All good, I liked the stats in your reply.

Now if only we could get a breakdown by month for games Tomlin should’ve won if he had the team ready to play.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Its not a good achievement if you are playing to win playoff games.

But if you’re playing to stack the career resume than yea sure … great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mike Tomlin continues the streak. 15 seasons .500 or above!
    Congrats Coach!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    As far as I'm concerned, a tie to the 2021 Detroit Lions is as good as a loss, so he needs to win next week for me to feel he had a "winning" season.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Lamar likely isn't playing next week, so that shouldn't count either! LOSING SEASON!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That sucks. Watt will have a tougher time getting the sack record against Huntley, rather than LJ. LJ does those crazy scrambles and Watt gets him behind the LOS. Huntley, not so much... he will be getting the ball out quick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Wonder if Huntley will lay down for him in the 4th quarter so he can get the record.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think so. Packers (Favre) and Giants (Strahan) weren't division rivals. Huntley will make Watt earn it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The Ravens without Jackson is still a better team than Detroit. Honestly, it really means nothing, because whether Tomlin has winning records or not, if you have no postseason to speak of you're still a failure. I leave .500 regular season excitement for fans of Cleveland, Jets, etc. I expect more than that from a franchise as rich as this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I doubt anyone here is saying .500 is the ultimate goal. I think the fact that under Tomlin we’ve always had a minimum have gotten to that point means we always have a chance to have a successful season. And other than a few goof balls around here the minimum goal is always to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to mention that somehow never having a losing season has been associated with being .500 during that time. Only 3 of those seasons were 8-8, I think. What about the rest that were 10, 11, 12 win seasons.

It’s a hell of an achievement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Wilbon dropped a nugget on PTI yesterday that I'm too lazy to verify, so take it with a grain of salt. He said Ben has played in three games in his career in which his team was NOT in playoff contention. If true, that is incredible. The Franchise goal is to make the playoffs every year and hope you get some injury/luck breaks, or get hot at the right time. I'd say Tomlin has met expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We keep hearing about Tomlin not having a loosing season in 15 years, do you think it might have something to do with BIG Ben di not have a loosing season for 18 years? For some reason we don't here much about Ben doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some people have such a hatred for Tomlin that they can’t see anything beyond that. The guy has had some nice accomplishments and done some good things in his time in Pittsburgh. There's absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging and giving credit for the good while pointing out the bad and wanting a change.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, except for that year we played with Rudolph and the Duck, and still managed to stay at .500, after Ben went 0-2.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    But they're a worse team than Buffalo and the Titans. Cripes, you make it seem like that was the best we played all year, without our starting qb.
    And you can tell the fans that didn't live through the Bubby Brister era. Do I want them to win the Super Bowl, every year? Yup. Do I go on line and demand massive overhauls every time they don't? Nope. Am I disappointed this year? Yup. Am I pouting along with the ".500 seasons mean nothing" crowd? Nope.

• Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually Ben only played one game,and almost 2 quarters of the next. So I agree. I have 2 give that season 2 Tomlin.
    Is there things I don't agree with ,or like about Tomlin???? Yes, but I can say the same about Noll,and Cowher. It's why I'm on the fence about Tomlin now, but no matter how I feel about the current coaching.....2 say what He has accomplished is trivial, and has no meaning....is just plain wrong. Just like saying that I'm happy with just winning seasons, but not SBs is completely wrong.
    It's really funny How this is terrible for one person, but not another. Can anyone say A. Rodgers. Here come the excuses, and for everyone of them .....you can make the same for Tomlin, or Ben.:shrug: