1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic 2022 QB Options

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 4, 2022.

1. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Hope his daddy approves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He is damaged good because of the legal allegations he is facing but id have few reservations about him as a player. Any time I’ve seen him I have been impressed, he can make every throw and he also has some wheels. What am I missing?

3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Idk I don't watch a lot of Texans football I guess. But Watson to me is a guy who's just kinda been there in the background. Good but not enough to carry a franchise to a championship. Regardless the Rooney's won't touch him with a 10 foot pole with all the troubles and his likely asking price.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    My guess we sign a cheap to medium priced FA QB and add one in the top 3 rounds of draft.

5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    No way we move up in the draft to get a QB.

Best option is Ben playing one more year or suffering with Mason.

Spend draft on O-line early and often.

Get new QB in 2023 by any means possible, including moving up if necessary. If O-line is good by then, we can make serious noise.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Ben playing next year makes yesterday kinda awkward.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Houston's asking price was three first round picks, and two mid round picks, the Steelers wouldn't be interested at that price.

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Howell=Baker 2.0

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And that's if he was a boy scout. His legal troubles take him completely off the table.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Hopefully not if we do get him. But it has been rumored that Howell drew their interest whereas Pickett sadly was never even on their radar.

11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
  12. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Not Watson. Not a high character leader.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert has been to UNC this year to see Howell, after seeing Baker get all those passes batted down, I'm not interested in a short QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Legal issues can be resolved…but character issues tend to linger. For that reason, I’d shy away from him. :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I saw Howell a couple of times this year. Pitt beat the hell out of him. He moves around okay, seems to have a decent arm. Nothing jumped off the screen from what I saw. I think he's average. Corral is okay, but I'm not sure he's franchise material. I like Ridder's athleticism. My personal preference would be if they could get Pickett, but I don't think it's in the cards.

Forget about Watson, he's damaged goods. The Rooney's will steer clear of him whether he's able to come back or not. Texans want too much anyway. I think Wilson is still a decent QB, but I think he's on the downside of his career. He's taken a beating there the last couple of years. I have always liked him, but their asking price is too high. I also agree that Rodgers isn't going anywhere, and even if he is, he isn't coming here.

They'll get a decent vet to compete with Rudolph. Haskins will get cut before the season and they'll keep Dobbs around. I think they would prefer to draft The Next One so we could be waiting for a few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh God. More stupid headbands?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Is it not obvious that Ben has nothing left in the tank at this point? He would not make it through another season. He’s running on fumes. He’s a statue in the pocket and his arm is nearly shot. I don’t understand the mindset that he might possibly come back for another season and that could be an option for the Steelers next year.

I think the Steelers will draft Pickett or Howell and ride with Mason next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I know I will cry when this happens; doubly so in the First Round.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Pickett is the only one I think is close 2 a real 1st round pick. Not saying the rest won't be 1st round picks. I'm saying they shouldn't be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

They would be idiots to trade picks for non spring chickens… as well as these qb’s idiotic to think this teams holes can be filled if they sink their draft picks into procuring them.

no QB out there will function behind this O line to their capability. I understand a better set of knees might do more with less but I don’t think it’s worth the risk.

roll with Rudolph (not my favorite choice) and start pot hole filling. Hell he might surprise but at the very least that move would allow them the cap space and draft stock to start rolling dice without mortgaging the ranch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    nobody had reservations about AB as a player either… it’s just as simple as is the boneheaded possibility worth the sticks moving effort? Watson is good but he’s an idiot currently in the process of sinking his own battleship. I’ve always been for giving people the benefit of the doubt but in todays age it’s increasingly becoming more of a stupid move to do…

oh hell it ain’t costing me money so whatever but it’s getting harder morally to give a rip

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Asking price and final price are often not the same. Watson is young and they would have a franchise QB for the next 12 years. Worth a heavy asking price.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His first accuser tried to shake him down before filing a report. There was one other that accused him of sexual assault, not sure what the rest of the accusations are. I don’t know much about the case but I’ll wait for the investigation to conclude before passing final judgment.

Need I remind people Ben was accused of sexual assault twice. For a while Ben was a real d-bag, then he got married and got his **** together. People can change.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same.

I love the potential Willis has... just not for the price of a 1st Round Option. Even though Malik can move, that should be a last resort option. Upgrading that Offensive Line is top priority.

• Winner Winner x 1