1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the browns bashing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jan 4, 2022.

1. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Is he really breaking the record if there are more games. Terrell Owens had 22 receiving TDs in 16 games. Jerry Rice had 22 TDs in a strike shortened season 12 games. Hmmmm

2. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I am a big fan of Waitman and it's interesting as to how well they ran the ball with Green on the bench.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I completely forgot about this guy because I had not heard his name being called for making a play in a game for a very long time.

4. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    What exactly was the Browns playing for last night? Weren’t they eliminated from the playoff race already?

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    marcus allen also had the best game of his career.

say what you want about leglue but he played a hell of a game. he was good in the run game with combo blocks and peeling off to get to the next level. they also used him well in the passing game making his initial block and peeling back to the top of the arc and giving help to moore nearly every pass play. he's got range. i know some are going to be haters but the guy played very well in this one. chris morgan influence? possibly. i wouldn't be so quick to move green to guard just yet.

as i have said most of the year, turner and okrafor are not good.

will our coach and front office put the best 22 on the field going forward or do we play the favorite game and the he was a draft pick game? how much of it was emotion tonight as well? it's disappointing they can just turn it up like this and don't do it every week.

baker may be available soon. just kidding.

truszk didn't play too bad either. maybe a whole camp next year will get him going in the right direction giving us some decent depth. simon and taco as well, if we keep them.

looks like we may have some players we first thought were nothing more then scrubs. well at least as some say. watching improvement by some lessons our draft needs and free agent needs, which frees up money and picks for other spots of need. hate it or not that is a good thing going forward. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    keeping us out. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Where were these guys in the Kansas City game? Yes, several players stepped up last night, but I want to see them step up against the Chiefs and, um, the Bengals.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    isn't that what i said? :cool:

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sure we will hear that argument, but Strahan actually played in more games in 2001 than Watt will play this season. Strahan played in all 16 of the Giants' games in 2001. Watt will have only played in 15 games when this season is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not sure what Claypool adds to the mix. It's a jump ball and drop most of the time last night. Separation seemed difficult for him. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    He played against the best the Stains had and kicked his azz. To be consistent, 1 sack = 1 sack. JMO>

12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    If Jax wins next week, it just unbelievably, possibly, maybe be more than 15. But you're probably right. JMO>

13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't know, I really don't. Did we prove we are, or were the Clowns just that bad? It looked like the Stains HC was just going, 'God, WTF are we doing out there', many times during the game. Nothing makes my day like beating the residents of the FOSadness. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    From what I've seen, Waitman > Harvin. Tough world when you could lose your job because of what happened. I didn't like the draft pick to begin with and being near the bottom of the NFL punters rankings doesn't help. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    People that think Tomlin needs to go, need to take a look at what other teams are dealing with.

Why Chubbs only had 12 carries against lately the worst run defense in the league is just bad coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Claypool hopefully gets moved to the slot next year.

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Should they have just stayed at home?

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I think we have also give MT some credit for this long non-losing season streak.

Yes it was bad coaching by the stains coaches. But to be fair. They have been eliminated from the playoffs already. And probably they know they can run the ball and for them it was just a casting which players they can use for passing game next year

Btw, why u guys calls the browns the stains? I dont want to open an extra topic for this. But i would be happy if someone can explain me this. I didnt read or recognized it before.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    In my opinion if it’s a 17 game season versus a 16 game season. That’s the end of it. It’s the players job to be available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man I guess my observation is why couldn't have we made some of these changes earlier in the year?

The run blocking was better.

The run defense was better.

Our punting was better.

If we make these changes earlier we could have had at least 3 more wins.

Not that it would make much difference ... the other observation is for Ben ... it's time. Father time is undefeated. No shame in that. Awesome way to go out last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    According to Stefanski, Chubb suffered a rib injury early in the game, so they limited his carries. What has been his excuse all the other times this season Chubb didn't get the ball enough?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The precedent in the league is that a season is a season no matter how many games are played. I'm sure the same arguments were made when the league went from 14 to 16 games, but the records count.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Browns didn't try to run enough. Chubb only had 12 carries. That had more to do with keeping their yardage total down than anything the defense did.

It is the offensive line play that had me wondering what might have been. Hassenauer should have replaced Green a long time ago.

24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We had a few tackles for loss, which we rarely have seen this year. Other than that big run, Chubb was probably averaging about 3-4 yards. D did not shut him down, but did enough to force Browns to throw. Compared to what we have seen from the Run D this year I will take it.

But you are right, if I was the coach I would run Chubb a lot more.

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Where were all theses big plays the Browns had?