1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's last home game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 27, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They had a QB who wanted to be SB MVP, and enabler of an OC in Arians and they sold Tomlin on what a masterful strategy it would be to gameplan to attack the strongest unit of the GB defense, the secondary. While David Johnson was horrible as a lead blocker and Tomlin shoulders the responsibility for allowing that change to happen, Mendenhall should have had no problem wearing them down because after surrendering 14 points to the Packers, once they started running they had success.

I have always said the difference between Ben and Brady beyond the obvious is that Brady knows that he can throw 35-40 times on little 5 yard dump offs or designed drag routes to get his short tough speedy slot guys the ball and still wind up with 400 yards passing 3+ touchdowns and the game MVP for nothing spectacular while Ben is looking for that one pure drive of highlight reel plays to Holmes and sadly you don't always get that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Ben deserves a great send off from Pittsburgh. What he did for this franchise at the QB position in his era is very similar to what Bradshaw did for the QB position in his era. I say this because I have watched Hanratty, Gilliam, Malone, Brister, Slash, Maddoxx, etc. at the QB position, and nobody has done it better than one Hall of Fame QB and one soon to be Hall of Fame QB. Give it hell Ben!! Thanks for a great run.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. :thumbs_up:
    Though I have seen Mendenhall fumble just running down the sideline by himself, and nobody touched Him. Remember that game. LoL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Ultimately Mendenhall was the one holding the ball but that was such a whiffed block. Was a close game until then. Tough one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Still a lot of variables. Quality of opponent, quality of O line, receivers, game situation, etc. Maybe you’d rather we more Neil O’Donells or Kordell Stewart’s.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Canada needs to step aside and let Ben run the no huddle as much as he wants, after all Ben is the Browns daddy with a 24-3-1 record.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Percent chance we get a Ben Renegade?

8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I dread the day this big dude is gone. Even our own fans don’t realize how much of a pit it’s going to leave when the big dude is gone. He changed the way the position is played, and that in turn changed the game. Players that played with him say, we have Ben, beat us. He’s a once in a lifetime player and QB and we’re blessed to have him for a record 18 years. Another first, BTW. How many records this guy has that will be difficult to replace is mind numbing. Yet, he’s still underestimated and this will come out in some years.

I watched them fix his broken nose on National TV and he went back into the game! He played a game as an NFL QB with a boot on his broken leg!
    Actually played LOL!

No sir, there will never be another. H3ll, even when we’re bad , this year, we’re good because we have Ben. We’ve won because we have had Ben.
    Tomlin has a winning record because we have Ben, PERIOD. He’s smart enough to know it too.

He’s irreplaceable, brace yourself for football without him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Noll won because he had Bradshaw, and Belichick won because he had Brady.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There probably won't be a dry eye in the stadium on Monday night, including me watching it at home.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    BIG BEN was s God send!! Remember! Gonna miss # 7 tough SOB took alot of beatings in the AFC North.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    If I compared Ben to any other QB it would be the guy Rodgers took over for, Brett Favre. Both extended plays, had big arms and took a lot of chances, threw a lot of interceptions, but also provided a ton of thrilling moments.

I know the crowd Monday will give Ben the proper send off. They never really got to do it for Bradshaw, who retired because of an elbow injury. I still remember the last pass he threw, which was a TD to I think, Theo Bell against the Jets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    John Elway is Bens childhood idol!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's difference in running 2 throw....than Running 2 run. Thanks for posting :thumbs_up:

16. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    that would be awesome

17. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    what i wanted to say with joined is, ARod played 4 more conf finals since his sb run. He did it never again into the super bowl. u can´t tell me it´s all about the defense. In Germany their is a team which very often plays the best footb... sorry soccer with huge speed, huge talent and with the best tricks. Its fun to watch if u don´t hate them the worst like i do. They leaded the league more then once, but every time it comes down to clunch the championship, to take the last step to be the champion they failed. They come from Leverkusen and anyone in germany calls them Vicekusen. They have a looser gene in their DNA (like the BUF Bills do?).

I know u cant compare a whole team from a different kind of sport to a single person. And ARod is not a looser, he still won a ring.
    But maybe something is also wrong in his play/DNA/mentality to have the x-factor for beeing a winner. Anyway, i would be more then happy if he will be the next successor from Ben. Every team with a QB like him will usually be a super bowl contender, automatically. But can he get us to number 7? Im not sure, even when Tuitt, Alualu and everyone else on the defense side including Ryan Shazier are healthy and play at their highest levels. But if so, i definitely come over and kisses his toe.

Let us talk about Big Ben here. i become sentimental when i see the twitter post from Tone Digs. Thanks for sharing steelersrule6. Man, it was so exciting to me to watch him play. A real fighter and the rock in the pocket. Let us hope this guy get a last playoff run. Come on Ben, come on Steelers, kick the clowns out of town on MNF. HERE WE GO

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would have hoped Ben could have had a more memorable
    season. It didn't happen. So long #7 you have been a good qb
    for the PGH Steelers. Time to start a new chapter in your life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And 163-81-1 is listed as his career record according to Pro Football reference. The tie confuses me. I remember the Falcons tie with Maddox I believe and the Lions tie with Mason. Who the hell did we tie with Ben in there??

13-9 in Playoffs. Meh. I sure the hell am not complaining about Ben but his Super Bowls were nothing special. IMO his best single moment in the NFL was the pass to Holmes for #6. They say sports is a matter of inches and that sure the hell was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    What a bummer wish we could have sent Ben off a winner but that rarely happens in reality.

21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    We tied Cleveland in week 1 a few years ago

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    If you go to Yahoo today there is a story about the Steelers QB situation for the future.

23. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The article seems to think the Steelers are only a QB away from being a super bowl favorite. What the hell games are they watching??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wow, thought for a minute there it was turning into a Brady/ Rodgers lovefest thread :facepalm:

Give Ben his due. The highlight is 2 more Lombardi's in the case. He was a huge part of that. A tough SOB. Gave this franchise 18 seasons. 1st ballot HOFer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Exact same thing I thought.

• Like Like x 1