1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 32 NFL Big Board: Before Bowl Week!l!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Dec 11, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Good day once again everyone!!! Ask here, giving you yet another yearly installment of the 2022 NFL Draft Class. Of course, the NFL season is not over and CFB Bowl week has not commenced yet but no reason a list of the top 32 players cannot be made, right?! However, as always, before we begin, a disclaimer:

These written statements by the author do not reflect nor are shared opinions of members of TheSteelersFans Message Board, Staff Members and/or Site Administrator.

As being the case with my usual lists, I will rank the upcoming class from number one to thirty two based on overall ability and not if they fit with the Steelers. Furthermore, for those of you that have been following me with this series since 2019, I will be making one major change; summaries of each Tier Listing (such as 1-10, 11-20, etc.) will be available for the final Big Board rankings. That said, aspects such as specific players who earn stars will remain. Should there be any objections as to why said player, or players, earned such praise, just type down below on who should have been listed versus who does not!! With that out of the way, let us get started, shall we?

Legend:

***: Denotes Generational Prodigy (Hall of Fame Level)

**: Denotes Zero Bust Prospect (Transcendent/Borderline Hall of Fame Level. Perennial All Pro.)

*: Denotes Game Breaking Prospect (Elite/Perennial Pro Bowler. Some All Pro nods)

Pre Bowl Rankings!!!!

1.) *** Kyle Hamilton: Safety from the University of Notre Dame

2.) ** Aidan Hutchison: EDGE from the University of Michigan

3.) *** Tyler Linderbaum: Offensive Center from the University of Iowa

4.) * Kavon Thibodeaux: EDGE from the University of Oregon

5.) ** Ikem Ekwonu: Offensive Tackle from North Carolina State

6.) ** George Karlaftis: EDGE from the University of Purdue

7.) * Charles Cross: Offensive Tackle from Mississippi State University

8.) * Derek Stingley Jr: Cornerback from Louisiana Tech University

9.) ** Jordan Davis: Defensive Lineman from the University of Georgia

10.) * Chris Olave: Wide Receiver from Ohio State University

11.) ** Kenyon Green: Offensive Guard from Texas

12.) Andrew Booth: Cornerback from the University of Clemson

13.) DeMarvin Leal: Defensive Lineman from Texas A&M

14.) Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner: Cornerback from the University of Cincinnati

15.) Devin Lloyd: Linebacker from the University of Utah

16.) Nakobe Dean: Linebacker from the University of Georgia

17.) JaQuan Brisker: Safety from Penn State University

18.) * Jameson Williams: Wide Receiver from the University of Alabama

19.) Trent McDuffie: Cornerback from the University of Washington

20.) Treylon Burks: Wide Receiver from the University of Arkansas

21.) Kaiir Elam: Cornerback from the University of Florida

22.) Evan Neal: Offensive Tackle from the University of Alabama

23.) Daxton Hill: Safety from the University of Michigan

24.) Drake London: Wide Receiver from the University of Southern California

25.) Carson Strong: Quarterback from the University of Nevada

26.) Darian Kinnard: Offensive Lineman from the University of Kentucky

27.) Trevor Penning: Offensive Tackle from Northern Iowa University

28.) Kenny Pickett: Quarterback from the University of Pittsburgh

29.) Roger McCeary: Cornerback from the University of Auburn

30.) David Ojabo: University of Michigan

31.) Jahan Dotson: Wide Receiver from Penn State University

32.) Matt Corral: Quarterback from the University of

Mississippi

Once again, just drop your thoughts and/or comments down below!!! Any comments, critiques or suggestions are welcome!! Until next time everyone, this is AQL saying so long and have a good day!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I haven’t watched much film on any positions but QB yet, but I agree that the value at QB likely sits at the back end of the 1st round. I have yet to see a QB who is a top 15 talent in my view, but I do see guys who look like solid value starting in the mid teens to twenties. I could see teams trading up to the end of the 1st to grab a QB to get the 5th year option in case he pans out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    10 ,18,and 20 should all be changed. 20 should be 10, and 20 should be 10. Hmmm 18 can stay 18. LoL
    I wish We could get 8.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I assume you mean Treylon Burks should be the 10th best vs. Olave being the 20th best?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    That would make for a very interesting Steelers draft day as a result of their middling record....barring divine intervention resulting in a playoff run.

6. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    i dont subscribe to any player as zero bust prospects. especially a guy like jordan davis who could eat his way out of football. i wouldnt even consider drafting him if he comes into the combine more than 340lbs. he is listed as 340 but there is no way he is less than 360. the guy has zero stamina and is on the sidelines sucking wind after just a few consecutive plays. i'm not saying i dont like him or wouldnt like to have him, i'm just saying his drafting team will need to constantly monitor his weight. i think to get the most out of him he probably needs to be kept in the 330 lb range.
    it only took one off season and many buffets for BJ Finney to go from a player on the rise to being cut by 2 teams.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  7. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    IMO jameson williams is the best WR in this draft. he reminds me of AB. unfortunately not just in talent but he is a super diva. watch the excessive showboating after the play. i see dont it that much with olave or Burks.thats something the coaches should start considering when evaluating prospects.
    Burks production was skewed by arkansas QB. just watch his highlight tape and how many times he had to come back for under thrown balls. williams and olave are playing with 2 of the best QB's in the NCAA.
    if i had to pick between the 3 i would go with Burks. i like his size and speed combination, which is similar to claypools except he actually wins the combat catches.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They had 2 do the same for Big Snack. Not a player in college that forsure won't be a bust.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Burks. Number 1 Wr. Coming out. IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    As much as I’d like to have Kyle Hamilton, I cringe at the prospect of the Stillers drafting him. They are just as bad at drafting defensive backs as they are good at drafting receivers. I never figured out why. I’m afraid he would be a bust if they got him ( he prob won’t fall that far anyway).
    I can only think of them telling us what a ballhawk Artie Burnt was. They have not drafted and developed a really good db since Troy and Ike Taylor.

11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Did we forget Garrett Wilson exists? I think he is going to be better than Olave, let alone Burks and Dotson.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We'll see. Really most will matter what Qb they go 2.

13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ikem Ekwonu is my favorite.. but i see him as a guard.... if a team this he is a tackle then he will go early.... but if they agree he is s guard.. that moves him to late 1st round

I'm really gun shy on Tyler Linderbaum....I was a fan of KG and he might still put it all together... but he is light inb the anchor against NFL size DTs.... and Linderbaum is 20lbs lighter than KG... Linderbaum might have to be the best technique center in the league to look the same in the NFL.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  14. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    a lot of people had slater penciled in as a guard. he went 13th. he has started every game for the chargers at LT and has played pretty well. people speculated Alijah vera tucker might be better off at guard. the jets took him at 14. he is playing LG. IMO Ekwonu is the best run blocking linemen in this draft. i would love to see him playing Chuks position next to Dotson next year, but i think we have a better chance of winning the SB this year than him falling to us. had we lost these last two games i would have a little hope it might be possible, but not now. i'm anxious to see how trevor penning fairs at the senior bowl. he might be the only OL option when we pick. a lot of people have darian kinnard in the first round but what i have seen of him hasn't impressed me in the slightest.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Quick update everyone!!!

As promised, the update for the next Top 32 will be this Saturday!! Quite some shake up in the rankings!! Please be sure to keep an eye out for it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would love to see

Dotson at RG and Ikem at LG

I would try to get Jason Kelce in FA as my center back up plan

I agree with what you said... myself l thought Slater was a tackle and Tucker a guard....I do think the jets over drafted Tucker...i wonder if the plan was LT and it didn't work or if it was LG the whole time

I can see Ikem being ok at T... it only takes one team to think it.. but to me he is a power guard

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  17. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    i think there is a better chance that dan moore plays better than chuks next year. plus chuks is a FA so letting him go and replacing him makes more sense to me than giving him another contract. plus i doubt turner gets signed again opening up RG, his college position. if you have 2 good run blockers i would want them on the same side. i havent watched a lot of Ekwonu , but from what i have seen he looks quick enough and has the feet to play tackle. he is definitely quick enough to pull and gets to the second level fast. even if he dont cut it at T , i believe he would still be the best G in this draft. cross is probably a better pass blocking tackle and gives a good effort as a run blocker, but he isnt on Ekwonus level as a run blocker.

• Like Like x 1