1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Dalton

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Dec 27, 2021.

1. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Terrible investment in continued mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nah...Dalton WAS good,Like many say on here, He'd get killed behind this line...The guy I would like is...

GARDNER MINSHEW! Trade Bush for him, And I'm serious!

Or....I would take EITHER of the Stains backups for a year

3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    why bring in a "stop gap" player? Go with Rudolph next year after we invest in the offensive line and see what's available in two years int he draft for a QB. Dalton's playing days are about over

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is pretty much where I stand as well.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Curtis Painter. Through 8 career starts he had 6 TD 13 INT and a rating of 57. He hasn't played in the NFL in 8 years on top of that. You want the first pick? That's how you get the first pick. Painter nearly single handedly delivered Andrew Luck to the Indianapolis Colts taking a 10-6 team to 2-14. Absolute legend.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    You're not setting the bar very high by saying Dalton is more mobile than Ben, lol. But I get it.

7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Mariota is just a name, really. My point is, they need a vet as a back-up plan in case Rudolph is as bad as or worse than '20-'21 Ben. In fact, I'd prefer a vet that is capable of battling Rudolph in training camp. Whether it's Dalton, Bridgewater, whoever, I really don't care. They need a vet. I'm spit balling, and it seems to me that a younger, more mobile QB rather than a Dalton or a Fitzpatrick could protect themselves better.

All this aside, when it gets right down to it, I really don't see that it will matter all that much whoever second or third tier vet QB they bring in next year, if they do at all. With all the positions this team has in desperate need of significant upgrades, the next two seasons will likely be more about learning and survival than being competitive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Red Rifle did do a good job taking the Bengals to the playoffs for like 3 straight seasons but they lost in the 1st round every time.

Bengals had a decent defense and AJ Green was in his prime and he was really good.
    But always lead to a 1st round exit. I hope the same happens to Bungholes again, although I think they struck gold in Burrow, I'm sold on the guy, totally, and it sucks for us. But, lets face facts that team hasn't won a playoff game since 1990 and has never won a Super Bowl, and we seem to think 3 playoff wins in 10 years in the worse thing ever.

His best years are way behind him. But, he will continue good employment as a back up in the NFL and keep racking in the cash. So kuddos for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The "Red Water Pistol" :roflmao:

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think that is an if with Rudolph. He will be worse than '20-'21 Roethlisberger. Rudolph is that bad. He doesn't read defenses like Roethlisberger and he doesn't have a particularly strong arm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Me either. If he’s saying we should get Dalton they should revoke his membership here immediately.

12. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    3 wins in 11 years now

13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would prefer to just ride with Mason and v Haskins

Hack

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    He doesn't instill me with much confidence either, to be perfectly honest. I don't think he can throw into a "pro" window consistently. He doesn't seem to have good pocket awareness, either. Oddly enough, he throws a decent deep ball, better than this version of Ben. It seems to me that his intermediate throws to the sidelines hang in the air far too long. All this aside, my hope is that he is at the minimum good enough to keep the team competitive if or until they get a QB that can take them to the next level. Basically, a cheap stop gap while this team rebuilds.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    wouldnt disagree with you there he was maybe still can be a decent QB but he wouldn’t last long here physically. Rudolph atleast knows the situation and seems to want the job and at the very least mariota has the legs still to run for his life hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I keep preaching this.
    Draft, and build both lines, and then next year. Grab a rookie Qb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    i dont even think they should use a draft pick this year on one. wait and go all in on one in 2023.
    if they draft one they will feel pressured to play them at some point. the best way to destroy a rookie QB is to throw em in to the fire with a bad pass blocking oline and no run game to lean on. dont set them up to fail and destroy their confidence right off the bat.
    pick up a cheap vet and let them compete with rudolf. when i say compete i mean really compete. tomlin always favors the incumbent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I'm on the Dalton bandwagon. We need a stopgate QB for a few years until we find another stopgate QB in 2025. We've got to keep winning at least 9 games per year to keep Tomlin's No Losing Season Streak alive!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    if they could replace rudolf with dalton for the same money i would be fine with it. i do think he is much better than rudolf.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Adorable pic/avatar

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That's a hard no for me, dawg.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Really like the avatar Rollers. probably only about a half dozen of us even remember Myron. Some admirable names around him at a time I started following the Steelers as a young puppy - Clendon Thomas, John Henry, Brady Keys, Lou Michaels, Preston Carpenter, Buddy Dial, Tom the Bomb, Ernie, Bobby Layne at the twilight of his career.............:thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I like Minshew. Underrated player.

24. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    They don't need a guy who can run, they need a guy with proven experience producing by consistently getting rid of the ball fast behind some of the league's worst offensive lines. So who fits that bill?

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Nice to meet someone that remembers him. I was a linebacker in high school and got his number. He was 3 time pro bowler!

• Like Like x 2