1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers win 2 Vegas and Miami lose we clinch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 26, 2021.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    And Chargers lose 1

7th seed.
    We got this!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Steel d has gone from Super Bowl predictions to 7th seed. You seem really down are you OK?

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Never

• Like Like x 2
  5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    This game officially cured me of wanting to make the playoffs. I do want a chance to eliminate the Ravens in the final game. That will be as good as it's going to get this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Changing up your predictions again?

7. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Stop stop stop stop stop

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I believe. This team is just playing possum. They're going to get in the playoffs and turn it on and go all the way. They just want to be the first 7th seed to win the Super Bowl. That's been Tomlins sinister plan all along. Just you watch. It's going to happen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Teams to root for below next week for wildcard purposes

Colts to beat the Raiders
    Titans to beat the Dolphins
    Broncos to beat the Chargers
    Rams to beat the Ravens

Easier thing to root for is for the Bengals to lose to the Chiefs at home next week, and for the Steelers to beat the Browns at home on Monday night. If that happens the Steelers can win the division with a win in Baltimore and Bengals loss in Cleveland on January 9th the last week of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Our hope of making the playoffs so we get knocked out in the first round again is fading .

12. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    After further review this AFC is complicated. I don’t think we could win the North but 7th seed is sill probable. Very easy win 2, hope Miami loses 1 game of Their last three….

We need Indy to beat Vegas at home or Denver upset Chargers next week. If they both win we are eliminated for 7th seed if they both lose we in Business! If 1 wins we gotta root for the one that lost when they face each other the following week…

We got this easily. 6th seed super bowl champs revisited…..

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Lets do it.....
    Neither team has Patrick Mahomes playing qb

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe we win the last two games. We are bad ,but the ravens, and browns still going 2 be beat by us. 9-7-1
    So whatever that means, or amounts 2.:shrug:

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t forget Saints vs. Dolphins tomorrow night.

We are very much alive for the 7 seed. The Chargers laid a big egg today, and can easily lose again. The Ravens are in free fall. Miami has a tough road for their last 3 games. I think there’s a decent chance of getting the 7 seed if we win out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I thought LSD went away years ago.

18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Why would anyone even want this team to make the playoffs at this point? It only means a worst draft position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    There are problems with things now - because as a Steeler fan, you're going to need teams in week 18 that will be eliminated to play hard. That's not likely in an 18th week, with COVID all over the place.

If the Chargers beat the Broncos, Patriots beat the Jags and the Bills beat the Falcons, the Raiders have nothing to play for in week 18.
    Likewise, if the Steelers beat the Browns (and if they don't the Steelers are eliminated), then the Browns have nothing to play for in week 18.

If the Raiders and Chargers both win in week 17, the Steelers can't get the 7 seed unless the Colts lose to Jags in week 18 or the Pats would have to lose to the Jags and Dolphins or the Bills would have to lose to the Falcons and Jets.

The Steelers best and likely shot is
    Colts beat Raiders
    Broncos beat Chargers
    Dolphins lose one of their final 3 (@ Saints, @ Tenn, vs NE)
    Steelers win out

That would give them the 7 seed and likely send them to Tennessee. If they somehow won that, they're going back to KC and would get beat badly again.

Is it really worth it?

Considering they can't draft (Edmunds, Bush, Burns, Jones) at a better than 50% clip, the future is really dim in Pittsburgh.

20. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    If Saints beat the Dolphins tomorrow then the Dolphins become irrelevant to root against the last two games you’re right. As you said the Steelers need the Raiders to lose to the Colts or Chargers to lose to Denver next week. The Raiders play the Chargers the last week of the season. So whoever loses next week you would root for the loser of the Raiders Colts Chargers Broncos game. If the Raiders and Chargers both lose next week which I highly doubt happens then the Steelers control their own destiny for the number 7 seed. My prediction for next week for the games that matter and for the last week for the division and wildcard.

Chiefs beat Bengals
    Colts beat Raiders
    Chargers beat Broncos
    Steelers beat Browns

If that all happens the Steelers have two ways in the playoffs. If they beat the Ravens and the Browns beat the Bengals they win the AFC North and if they beat the Ravens and the Raiders beat the Chargers in Vegas the last week the Steelers get the number 7 seed and last wildcard spot.

So as bad as this loss was in KC today I still give the Steelers a 50-60 percent chance of making the playoffs if they win these last two games against the Browns and Ravens. I think they will get just enough help from someone to sneak in somewhere at 9-7-1.

21. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    This team is an embarrassment period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The Raiders and Browns would have nothing to play for in Week 18 under those circumstances. Following a longer than usual year and all the COVID, teams that are eliminated in week 18 will likely mail it in IMO.

23. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Teams like that are usually the most dangerous to beat when everything is on the line the teams that are out of it. You won’t convince me that the Browns will be content with playing all backups and just handing the Bengals the AFC North division title in their own stadium there in Cleveland if the Bengals are playing to win the AFC North. The Raiders and Chargers is another division rival. And if one has a chance to keep the other out of the playoffs and play a game of misery loves company they will do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    For any scenario to become relevant, the Steelers have to show up and play like they want and need to win the game. I haven't really seen this much lately and if nothing changes, it won't. The first priority, change the attitude at kickoff and don't let up until 60 minutes or the game is over and won. JMO>

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm so torn! We HAVE to beat the Browns! I always say this but, Bens last home game, and the Browns at Home!

But, I don't want us to make the playoffs, ya I said it! ( But no want the Browns to make it )That would drive me insane!

Seriously, This team stinks! This is not a playoff team! I know the old saying " your record is what it says you are "....We could legitimately have ONE win right now!

This team can't run ( OL is horrendous ) Ben has had it, D is garbage, can't stop the run...And Tomlin is Tomlin,Teams not prepared, undisciplined,not ready to play, and he still doesn't know how to use timeouts or challenges!