1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Klemm to Oregon

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, when that happens it makes you wonder what’s going on behind the scenes. When Munch left, there were several lateral moves, some to college. At that time, you knew there was a lot of **** going on, makes you wondering if that’s the case this time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe job security

• Like Like x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    From what I recall the Steelers told Whiz that he was not gonna get the HC job no matter what so take the Arizona job. And I think Faneca was already pissed the year before because he thought the contract extension that was offered to him was an insult.

4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    That would annoy me if they did that yet again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Morgan was the falcon o line coach prior to coming here.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't know if that's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ZiviliSteelers

ZiviliSteelers Member

Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Wait why didn't this guy have the job to begin with given his credentials!? I can't figure this franchise out.

9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Was Morgan the Oline coach of the Falcons when they had the Pats down and out in the Super Bowl . Then the Falcons stopped running the ball in the second half and let the Pats back into the game by abandoning the running game completely. If he had any part in that disaster then send him packing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    If the OC called that gameplan how would it be his fault?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, i'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that the O-Line coach wasn't the guy making that call. ;):cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That sounds right. Mike Prisuta was the one who reported that Grimm had been offered the job and accepted.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm sure he is leaving because of job security, better pay. Maybe he doesn't want to be a scape goat either.

Look to the the outside. Have interviews. Morgan should be one of those interviews. Then make your best choice.

Also hopefully Butler retires wink wink and they bring in some outside interviews and give the reins totally to a new defensive coordinator and take it out of Tomlins hands. Let him pound his chest being the head coach solely because he ain't going anywhere.

14. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    A quality candidate will want to be appropriately compensated. We know the Rooneys aren’t going to do that, and the HC isn’t giving up any of his share when the Rooney’s are good with .500 and a wildcard loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

We have seen improvement. Unfortunately it’s mostly overshadowed by the negative. It doesn’t help that we are on our 5th left guard of the season. Hopefully this is nothing more than rumor. I would hate to see them start from scratch with a new offensive line coach in 2022.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

A good coach is usually defined by the quality pieces he has to work with...... Can't make something out of nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Didn’t the Browns cobbled an OL from practice squad players and still manhandled our D-line last year in the playoffs?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How....Are you the Coach of the worst OL in the League ( prolly was gonna get canned ) and somebody else hires you?

The commentators say, at least one a game " I don't recognize this run game " " This IS NOT Steeler Football " And another teams pries you away for your services? Lucky Man !

Oh, Thank you Oregon...Now spend a few extra dollars Steelers, and bring in Doug Madrone!

19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm not gonna question their logic, let's hope it's a done deal.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I've ripped on Tomlin because nobody ever wants his rotten Assistants...I stand corrected

KLEMM IS GREAT! PLEASE TAKE HIM! HE'S THE NEXT COMING!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I heard today that it's clear He's not an NFL Oline coach.
    Then Why is He(Klemm) our Oline coach????:shrug:

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Marrone would be great but he's pretty set in Alabama so I doubt he'd wanna leave that gig and come to a potential dumpster fire for a number of years.

23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Cheap cheap cheap. These damn birds!

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who is Doug Madrone?

25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    SMH on this one.

Why was Klemm hired? He was the guy still around after they fired Sarrett, the worldwide search just happened to find the best guy already in the locker room, how convenient!

How did he do? It doesn’t look great, but what could you expect? He got handed two rookies, a second yr guy, Chuks and a last minute add on. He didn’t turn chicken $hit into chicken salad, but I doubt St Mike Munchak could have either. It would nearly be impossible for Klemm to look good this yr.

He’s going to college for the same job that he has in the NFL? For more money? After this and Kelly leaving ND to go to LSU for a boatload of $, maybe Tomlin shouldnt act like having his name associated with openings at LSU or USC is some kind of insult.

Maybe Klemm was the wrong hire. Fine. But it was also a lazy hire,especially when they knew there’d be huge upheaval on the line and the QB they bought back has the mobility of a snail.

• Agree Agree x 3