1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

talking about culture (watch all the way through)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Confluence, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    you dont see this on this board: Tomlin recognition (people can rag on him for this call and that call and sub par performances (I, of course, am in that camp) and people can rag on me for starting a Tomlin thread, but no other coach in pro or college will give a better answer,

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought it was a great answer, but now will it change things??? Hope So.

3. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    like the vid.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Just words. But it sounds good. What else is he going to say? He knew what was going to be asked. He needed to quell the storm of criticism of no discipline/ accountability that's been all over this board as an example. He said what he thought he needed to say yet we have seen similar behaviors from players of his for years and it just repeats over and over. I look at what a coach has actually done over the years they have been in the business as to what the guy is made of and what is important to him. I think most can judge by now what he has brought to the table over his tenure here. That's an individual call. For me, one prepared answer to an obvious problem with this team does change anything until it does. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This 50 plus year fan is tired of his cliches. Hold people accountable and start accepting responsibility
    for your performance, your character and show respect and play with class.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Us: I demand Tomlin say something to address this issue!

Tomlin: (addresses issue)

Us: I don’t care what he says!

:mad:

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    They also asked Tomlin yesterday if he plans on going to the no huddle offense earlier in games the rest of the season instead of later on in the games when they absolutely have too. Tomlin responded by saying he isn’t really all that concerned about the 1st 10-15 plays of the game and doesn’t lose too much sleep over it. An answer like this one is typical Tomlin and it’s just so damn tiresome and annoying to hear him answering questions like this. This team is just so status quo under Tomlin’s leadership and seems like they are hell bent on continuing to do the same things week in and week out.

Even more of a reason why Art Rooney needs to sit down after this season and evaluate what the hell is going on here with this coaching staff and their philosophy and mindset. Because what they are doing now is just not working and things need to change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I saw Pryor tweet that response out. It was a great answer and of course makes perfect sense that they would be working on those things all the time, not just when they screw up. Tomlin also tried to deal with it in real time by benching Claypool, didn’t work. We have to remember that some of these athletes are harder to get through to then others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    So you want him to layout all of the plans going forward just to make you feel better?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    No but act like you give a **** about scoring early and don’t just give an answer like “oh well what we run early in the game doesn’t matter who cares” If this is truly how Tomlin thinks then it definitely shows up on Gameday. If those plays don’t matter then just punt maybe on 1st down and why even try to score. It’s an answer by a coach who knows his job is safe and knows he has no chance of being on the hot seat no matter what he does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Without Chase making some of the plays he made we wouldn't have been in the situation to make a bone head move.

A lot of people are getting on Pat F. for not catching the final TD pass to maybe tie it. Lot of people blaming Pat for the tie against the lions when he fumbled the ball late. I mean Harrison Smith is pro bowl level player and but a big shot on him, he just made the better play.

Well Pat made a heck of a side step TD that was very impressive to get a score to get them back in the game against the Vikings.

He also made a heck of 4th down catch in the endzone against Cleveland that turned out to be the game winner.

The only other Rookie with more rec. TD's than Pat? Jamar Chase....

Pat also has like 6 more TD's than Kyle Pitts.

Now I think Pat is a lot more mature than Claypool in a lot of ways. Claypool has the talent he just needs to grow up and also quit taking so many flags. Then he can be a pro bowl level player if he wants to be, he has the talent tools.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not sure what happened on MNF but another Steeler friend and a hater of Mike said the Arizona Coach made Mike Tomlin type mistakes which cost the Cardinals the game.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nah they are just overrated lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope not. I'm counting on them or Dallas to stop Bay's. Tampa and Green.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Eagles too they beat Brady once :hehehe:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The ownership and management is even more status quo so don't expect that to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    As long as we call a 22 year old grown man a kid this kind of behavior will continue. They are not "kids".

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You ever listen to Colbert during a draft he always refers to all the players as kids. It's annoying. Well we liked what this kid brings to the table bla bla bla.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They are “kids”, they are still mentally growing at that age.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think the point of the dudes in the video was, he didn’t give a cliché here, he addressed it.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep, the coach committed holding and false start penalties with 30 seconds left, and failed to block for the QB, just like Tomlin does.

• Like Like x 1
  22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure. The argument "what were you like when you were 22" rings true. I was immature at 22. I did stupid things. Do you know when I didn't do stupid things thought? At work. I knew that when I was being paid to do a job, I had to do it and do it well or I would get fired. I wasn't immature at my job.

I don't care what he does away from the field (within reason of course), but when he's on the field, he's being paid to do his job and do it well. This whole immaturity thing is a bunch of BS. Imagine telling a bunch of 22 year old soldiers in Iraq that it's okay to screw around, you're only 22. You'll grow up in time, if you survive...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    So your saying his hate of Tomlin may have made him blame the Cardinals Coach for nada.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m saying the coach committed penalties and failed to make plays the same as Tomlin does. Infer from that what you will.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    A second year starter should have this behavior coached out of him by now, especially when his 'I' mentality is potentially costing the team wins.
    Tomlin's answer might as well have been "we ignore it and hope it goes away."

• Disagree Disagree x 1