1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Claypool penalties

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by hmmmmm, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Peezy had played against Claypool, this is what he would have thought about him:

HeIsSoft.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All Claypool is really doing is increasing AR 2s leverage against him in terms of a new contract here. Should this behavior continue, do not be surprised if Pittsburgh elects to draft a Wide Receiver early...... again..

3. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    I would trade that moron the first chance I get. If he is that brain dead that he doesn't see the storm clouds surrounding this team, F him.
    F Tomlin too for letting this behavior to exist on this team. Ask yourself this, what would Belichick do to this Awipe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Meanwhile, James Washington is the complete opposite. Keeps his head down and just works. He never has publicly pouted, it wasn't his fault some behind the scenes stuff leaked.

He is probably going to leave and have an awesome career somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Just looked at the replay of the game and the kid just made a mental error on the first down play. He also made some helluava catches in the second half. I think he'll be alright.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What do you call the person who graduates last from medical school?

“Doctor”

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Imagine being Claypool, waking up this morning with every sports channel proclaiming you a dumbass, and not being mentally capable of understanding why.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The same James Washington that wanted a trade?

9. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Wasn't him, was probably his agent or Schefter digging stuff up.

You know if he wanted to he could have made life difficult for the Steelers, instead he is a team player.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    History tells us, Claypool will be traded to the Raiders for a 3rd round pick. So we've got that to look forward to.

• Like Like x 2
  11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    DK was saying that Ben was saying "that's four", when he was coming off the field in the first half. As in that is four sacks in the first half, Coach for the garbage offensive line you are responsible for putting together, failing to prepare, and not fixing. At least they tried the sidecars with Derek Watt in the second half, I was flashing back to when they would do that with Heath when the heat was coming.

Ben says positive things to the media about those who he feel deserve it - praising Washington and defending Pat, his lack of defense of Claypool is as damning as criticizing him in the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Seriously though, in hindsight, we should've tried to sign Larry Fitzgerald in the off-season. This wide receiver room needs someone like that desperately. And Keith Butler gotta go.

13. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Just let me know the last time you saw a player on another team that compared to what claypool did (cost their team time with the game on the line). When you can’t come up with an example then it’s not the same.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s the mental errors that are bringing him and the team down. Lack of talent isn’t one of his problems. What did he have, about 100 yards that game.

He just got a huge first down on that play and then ruined it because he could only think of himself in that moment.

If you were building a WR, you’d build him like Claypool, you’d just swap out his Abby-normal brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I understand what you're saying. But when called on it he said he will not change. "That's who I am" was his response. I didn't watch his whole career at Notre Dame but I'm betting you he never pulled that stuff there. If Tomlin doesn't change his attitude then he's as much to blame. Coach that moron or trade him. We need draft picks next year. Sick of these divas. All of them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Claypool already has his career after football all picked out:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Add the stinky Bush to this club.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    This team has really gone downhill since we lost Dan Rooney. There is a severe lack of leadership and our present hierarchy provides little hope for the future.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I see a lot of comments throwing some of the blame (sometimes all of it) on ownership. I don't live anywhere near Pittsburgh and don't see any news articles about them but, here's three examples of owners who are WAY too involved in team decisions:
    Jerry Jones- when was the last time Cowboys won a SB?
    Dan Snyder- when will the Redskins ever be good?
    Alex Spanos- Chargers. 'Nuff said

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Fits right in on a Tomlin coached team. I have always thought Mikey has no football IQ terrible at situational football always has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    ND is the only college team I watch and I can attest that Brian Kelly never had to deal with what CC is doing now. I was so hoping we could get him on the team in Pittsburgh because he was amazing at ND. Now, I still want him here, but damn, will someone help this kid see the light? Then i realize neither player(s) or coach(es) are available, obviously. Sad. I had no idea this would happen. JMO>

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I now live in J. Jones country, and though they Love Him for his love of the team,and desire 2 win....they Hate him for His interference.