1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin needs to go and go now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Christopher Emery, Dec 9, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think Tomlin has another year on contract. Having Ben at QB was huge part of Tomlin's success.

I just hate that should we draft a QB he will be under Tomlin for at least 1 year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    will never happen
    Rooney loves this **** SHOW. He extended the **** show. The Show must go on!!!!

he will leave maybe by 2024, toward the end of his contract - and we remain a laughing stock cellar dweller team - we will be here for a while.

Ben kept us competitive for 15 years. it is over.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    None of this will improve until Tomlin is gone.

If I were Art II, I'd let Tomlin go and have Kellen Moore first on my list to interview.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you don’t fire him, get Offensive & Defensive coordinators that are professional.

Take away all scheme decisions from Tomlin.
    He becomes the babysitter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Why do you think they played down to the Vikings? Why do you think the Steelers were actually the better overall team on the field?

Also, it hasn't been since Tomlin became head coach, the same **** was said about Cowher every season. In addition, a lot of fans in a lot of cities ***** about the same thing with their teams as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    $ post.

I watch a ton of college and pro football while lurking the boards that follow their team and you are spot on with this.

The SEC and their boosters are brutal if you loos more than 2 games in one season.

The Miami Hurricane Forum is another.

I just watched the Chicago Bear game where they choked and the fans wanted to march and protest outside the gated community and they booed the head coach at his kids game.

I am spoiled but I know other teams get paid to play so all I wish for is that the opposing team feels it when they Play the Steelers physically and that the games are competitive.

Something is missing this year and you feel so hopeless but it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The Lions beat the Vikings. The Steelers didn't.

9. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I heard the team went out for ice cream after the game

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If Heinz Field is half empty, Rooney will have to make that choice whether he likes it or not. The only bummer is Lincoln Riley is going to USC, and that's the guy I wanted. He is McVay on steroids.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its less that we played down to the Vikings (we are probably similarly matched teams), and more that we were just 100% unprepared to play. Again. Lack of cohesive game plan, and nothing changed until we were down 29-0.... just like we do in home playoff games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Trend of adversity. Most of which is explainable by coaching flaws that seem to surface repeatedly unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    T

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    And you are being redundant about them being redundant. I appreciate you keeping the hall clear, but the janitors are ready to mop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Tomlin's contract extension takes him through 2024. Rooney II should not have extended Tomlin, but instead should have gave Tomlin the same treatment the Ravens did with Harbaugh, to go and prove you are worth an extension. But Rooney II would rather be PC than hold Tomlin accountable. Having said this, there were too many issues going into the season for the Steelers to overcome additional in season developments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    The Babysitter!!!!!!Taking selfies when you're getting your Ass handed to you!Ya, He'd make a GREAT Babysitter!

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He was extended! He has THREE more years! WOO PEE!

18. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    I agree with you, but Art is clueless and loves Mikey and his clown show

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think he has 2 years. Not that it matters. He’ll be the coach until he retires

20. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

That guy is hilarious! Been watching his vids for a while now.

• Like Like x 1
  21. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

True Ike got burnt a lot that game but Thomas burnt many he went up against that year. We had a ton of injuries going into that game and for some reason decided to give enough cushion on D to let Tebow average about 30 yards a completion. Been very few in any playoff games I felt sure we couldn't blow but we did that one in spectacular fashion. And nobody made mike step onto the field to impede a opposing player feigning it as a surprise he wandered into the runners path. Shady move by the head coach of the most prestigious organization in the nfl.

22. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    That's one game...and therefore for the OP to say "always" is an exagerration. I would make an excuse for Rudolph being in there for that game, but even with how bad he is I still felt they should have won.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    maybe

But DEFINITELY after the jacksonville PO loss is 2017. we had seen it all by then, he sucks

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i agree

i wanted Rex Ryan 4-5 years ago. we need veteran leadership and coaches. and get rid of Danny Smith too while we are it - a full coaching change enema

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Unfortunately, a lot of people need to be gone. It's time for a "revolution" or something because this thing is going the wrong way. Just don't trade Watt or Fitzpatrick.