1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Ben Were to Leave Next Season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Dec 11, 2021.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think he ends up on the Denver Broncos.

With all this Ben talk lately, I was wondering to myself where Ben could end up. There are not many places that would be a good fit. But there are a few.

Denver stuck out to me. It is almost a perfect fit. First off, it is a Mike Munchak coached O Line. Vic Fagio is an old school coach who would want a veteran QB. The Broncos have a very deep receiver corps and one of the best young TEs in football. The Broncos defense is solid.

Add to all this the fact that the Denver Broncos have already done this once before with Peyton Manning, and they ended up going to two Super Bowls.

Would any of you still pull for Ben if something like this were to happen? I know I would. A lot of his best years were wasted. I would hate to see him play for another team, but I certainly couldn't blame the guy if that's what he decides to do.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben retires as a Steeler, he's not hanging around to play for another franchise IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Broncos are going after Rodgers, and they will get him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The Packers still hold all the cards on Rodgers.

I think the Steelers will be more accommodating if Ben wanted out.

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Browns gonna keep Mayfield?
    I didn't take notice if he got a new contract yet.

6. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I could see Ben going somewhere else if they have an actual offensive line and more than 1 good WR . You can tell by his body language he's sick of what's going on here. He still can make a lot of throws, put him in a competent offense and i think he's good enough as a game manager elsewhere for a year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018

I dont think Ben would be cold hearted enough to go to a team within the division.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure what team is going to want to design an offense that avoids the middle of the field.

Bens not playing next year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    IDK. In 2 out of the last 3 games, Ben has looked like young Ben. In a better offense with better players around him I think he would do okay.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s looked better, young Ben is a stretch.

I don’t think teams will throw away all the games prior dating back to week 11 of last season because Ben played two decent games.

Now if he closes out the season strong, then maybe it has been injury related all this time. I don’t think that is going to happen though. Ben doesn’t get a pass for that **** show in the first half.

I noticed the pattern that Ben starts playing better after teams get a big lead. Thats because teams take their foot off the gas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s true that Elway is keen on the veteran QB idea - Manning, Flacco etc etc - but I’d be surprised if they moved on Ben.

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, I was thinking the same.

Young Ben is a stretch. But he is using the whole field more, and I think his Accuracy has been much better recently. He looks a helluva lot better now than he did at this point last season.

• Like Like x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

The Vikings loaded the box in the first half and dared Ben to beat them. What did he do? Nothing. Second half they switch it up and play a cover two. Suddenly half of steeler nation thinks he’s still got it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    In the 1st half, I suppose he ran the plays his OC called. Was he uncuffed in the 2nd? Guess we’ll never know.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Can you imagine if the Packers make it to the SB? Asking price will go though the roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Amazing that people don’t make the connection to these second half performances due to teams having a huge lead.

Ben sucks at the beginning of games, flourishes in second half down 30 points. What could it be, hmmm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    we are a nation of idiots. A bunch of people out there taking freaking cattle dewormer because of some dimbulb on YouTube

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Big Ben to Denver?!

If I am Denver, I am pulling out ALL THE STOPS for Aaron Rodgers. Why go after Big Ben where I can have Aaron Rodgers; a QB who has taken far less punishment and is a far better QB at his age than Big Ben is?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why the ravens keep a Qb that avoids the sidelines , or outside the numbers. How much money You want 2 bet If He still wants 2 play ,and leaves the Steelers someone signs Him???

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not sure they would want someone like Ben anyway. Ben likes to do things his way and has had a lot of OC's disappear for him over the years.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben plays better because they go to the no huddle, and the defense makes some plays, not just because the other teams take their foot off the gas.

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope someone does as that makes us go up 21 points in the first qtr if we play his team. JMO>

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    As a backup maybe.

As a starter, I only see one landing spot and it would take Brady retiring. If that happened, I could see Arians giving him a shot.

And I’d laugh my ass off at the result, going from Brady to Ben :lolol:

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like 2 put money on that???

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yeah Ben gives up 1st drive Tds 2 the other team before He has even stepped on the field. Ben's fault. LoL. That doesn't even make sense. Ben was out there opening the biggest holes on defense we have ever seen . LoL. I forgot Ben not only plays Qb He plays D line , LB, and Safety