1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Season Officially Over, Thankfully !

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by kicker_twentyone, Dec 9, 2021.

1. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I’d rather have Ben 1 more year and build the Online and Dline through the draft/ free agency. Mason and Haskins aren’t gonna cut it. If Ben wasn’t there last night Johnson would of been playing Quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

I’d keep Minkah though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Was that when he was jumping just to get the snap? Or when the oline was blocking air? Or when WRs were stopping on routes or penalties killing drives?

Every time the line looks even average, the narrative turns to maybe Ben still has something left

I think he does. Bens floor is still higher than most ceilings in my opinion.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Why would Johnson have been playing QB?

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Officially......No.

Probably......Yes.

I remember a season not too long ago that each game became do or die and they did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Ben's like Pacman. He only has quarters in him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  7. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    we can still win division. but can we win .can we stop teams from running all over us.can the line block already know ravens suck browns suck only bengals are threat

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Standard response to these types of threads.................... upload_2021-12-13_10-38-55.jpeg . Be careful of the swinging door.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Bush had a good game? What?! There's no scenario where you can say Bush had a good game... when the horrible vikings rush for 242 yards on you. That's like saying your QB had a good game even though he threw 6 int's and didn't score a point. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For him, this season, definitely. Led the team with 8 tackles and 2 passes defended.

You just want to ignore he had a major injury that takes time to get back to 100% both mentally and physically.

That game could be him turning the corner but don’t let me interfere with your agenda driven bs.

11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    "It ain`t over till it`s over."

However, it don`t look good either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Agenda? lol Yes I have a personal vendetta against Bush. Hated Bush my whole life. In fact I refuse to drink Busch light or regular. No shave November is an abomination that should be outlawed. The 70's were the worst decade ever (other than music). There I said it.

There's no agenda needed to say a player has been garbage all season. You really reaching. If he can rebound next season and starts playing like a 1st rnd franchise LB then I'll be the first to give him accolades. I don't give a crap what his reasons for sucking this year are... it's just a fact and is one of the major reasons why we struggle to beat anyone. That front 7 gave up 242 yards on the ground largely because Bush and others couldn't stop the run against a really bad vikings team.

Sounds to me like you might have an agenda. ha ha Your last name Bush by any chance?

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah right, your opinion of his performance that game states otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    WTF

How are supposed to take you seriously if you don’t even know what you want?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I said trade Watt when he was holding out this preaseason.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    242 yards rushing

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Every time I see Mason on the sidelines wearing his helmet, it reminds me of when he walked into the locker room wearing his helmet after the concussion. That wasn’t a good moment for the training staff.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    1. These guys are going to go 8-8-1, end up not getting a high enough draft pick to make a difference or be able to trade down for the big number of draft picks they'd need to try and make wholesale changes.
    2. They manage to squeak to 9-7-1 get in and get an even worse pick after Ben wins a Wildcard game on the road then throws another 4 interceptions in the next one.

I feel it in my bones. The pessimism is growing within!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Bush had a good game yesterday? What? They ran all over us!!!!!! They showed slow motion videos, of him not even being in the picture!

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, he's definitely not coming off blocks or running around them. Even when it looks like he read it correctly, he's not closing like he did before injury.

He was Shazier light for a bit, even if he didn't make the play, he made enough of a disruption that the other guys could rally and make the stop. (and Shazier was considered to be a little small as well)

21. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Well if there is a problem between those two and Tomlin is ignoring it, he needs to go or get that issue under control.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He led the team in tackles and had two passes defended. It was a game he can build off of.

I didn’t realize Bush was the only one responsible for stopping the run. That was a collective effort in failure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He has always been a liability in pass defense, until this improves he can't play the position.

24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Let's just say Bush didn't stink as bad last game, but he still stinks for a high draft no.1 pick middle linebacker. Bush should lead in tackles every game, that's his job as a MLB in a 3 - 4 defense. He still shying away from contact.

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He did have some tackles, but it was smoke and mirrors, and yes it wasn't only his fault...Our DL is a shell of it's former self but...I still see to many plays where A) He gets engulfed B ) Can't disengage from a Block C ) And I see this one more than any...Looks like he guesses, and picks a gap, and just runs to it, when the play is 10 yards from him...Like he has no vision at all! ..

I saw a few plays where Cook ran a toss play to to left...And Bush came in full speed, towards the opposite direction!

• Agree Agree x 1