1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you #7!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel the Win on Sunday, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Just wanted to send a heartfelt congratulations and a huge thanks to Big Ben for balling out one more time at home against the Ravens! Another great, gutsy comeback, and really a fantastic game overall.

That makes 10 4th quarter comebacks against the Ravens, the most ever by a QB against one team. And, I believe, you can check me on the stats, that Ben has now passed Brady to reach 3rd on the list of 4th quarter/OT comeback drives of all-time. I love the toughness, never quit attitude, and sheer determination that exemplifies Biggie B.

What ever the future holds for number 7, I am going to savor this one, as I am sure he will. Thank you for helping to make the Steelers a competitor each and every year of your career. Truly a generational talent, and a true Steeler great.

Screw the naysayers and the critics, the man has proven himself once again.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not bad for a kid from a MAC school in Ohio. ;) :applaud::bowdown::drinks::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Did you see the stat on ESPN? Showed Ben is tied with Brees with 57 victories of less than 6 points. Peyton has 56. This was Ben’s 51st 4Q comeback/game winning drive. And 10th against the Ravens.

One stat “franchise” QBs earn is winning in their division. Ben is now 16-10 vs the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    When I found out Ben had 6 more games as a Steeler I just hoped he could get one more win, now I'm greedy.

6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Ben is a warrior man the guy plays his ass off week in and week out you can’t ever deny him that. It was great to see him win the game the way he did. Very satisfying win I’m sure for Ben against his biggest rival.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I absolutely agree with this. I would like to add just one thing. It looked to me like this game was ESPECIALLY important to Ben. That he could beat the hated rival in front of the Steeler faithful at home during his swan song performance. I am so happy for Ben that he was able to experience this win.

8. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    .....and after we lose to the Vikings ya'll be calling for his head again! Geez, people, he had a decent 4th quarter, up until then he sucked! IMHO, defense won the game, not Ben. You guys act like he won the game all by himself! IMHO, the QB gets too much credit for wins and losses. There are 10 other players on offense, and 11 others on defense that have something to do with it. Ben didn't do it all by himself. IMHO, Watt won the game for us by getting in Jackson's face and screwing up that 2 pt. try. Otherwise they score and we lose, and this thread wouldn't even exist!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah Your correct. The 2 Tds He threw (should have been 3 thanks DJ) had nothing 2 do with a win. What is everyone thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    And I suppose he ran down the field and caught those passes too, right after he blocked the D line from sacking him. Then he stole Watt's jersey, ran in, and destroyed the Ravens two point attempt. Yep, he did it all by himself. Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. RedHawk79

RedHawk79 Member

Dec 5, 2021
    I'm an alum of that same MAC school in Ohio where Ben played. I recall watching games his last (junior) season, where he was often pulled in the third quarter as the game was already a blowout. Except for one game.

In a game against Kent State, Ben did not play his best. Miami had a lead but lost it in the third quarter as the defense also faltered. The TV broadcast cut to a shot of Ben on the sidelines "talking emotionally" to the offense.

When they got the ball back after losing the lead, Ben took 3 plays to score and regain it. The defense held, and he took 4 plays to score again. Rout on.

Why do I mention this? Because I remember two things I felt at the time. One was how he (in a small way) reminded me of Bradshaw. He could be having a bad day but seems to find a way to win. And second, how I wished he could be the next Steeler QB, but knew he would not last to where the Steelers typically pick in the draft. Thank goodness for a rare 6-10 season, and for the Browns not paying attention to in-state talent.

• Like Like x 4
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Taking Down Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield at 39 when you have Ravens and Browns fans clamoring how washed up he is.
    Is pretty sweet.

Too Bad we couldn't of gotten at least one better game against the Bengals. But, Joe Burrow but the whooping on us twice this season.

Just to make the playoffs with a 39 QB would be sweet. But gonna have to probably go 3-2 the final 5 games. Winning Thursday would be very huge, and going .500 over the final 4 games would maybe get us the last spot.

Winning Thursday and taking the mini-bye week for 10 days rest, would really help in a lot of areas.

Probably will have Dotson, Haden back, Buggs, Carolos Davis more time to heal.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I remember coming in for lunch one Saturday afternoon from doing outdoor chores and happened to have the tv on and hearing that's Ben Roethlisbergers 9th completion in a row, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th in a row. At that moment, not even knowing who he was I wanted him to be the next Steelers starting QB. I followed his college playing career as much as I could after that and when they drafted him, I was like a kid at Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    That's a great story. :thumbs_up:
    As much as I defend Him on here you'd think the same for me. I didn't even want a Qb let alone Ben. I wanted R. Gallery. LoL.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    One more time Ben! Go out with a bang!!

I bet Ben's perfect ending is pretty much the same dream we all have. Make Playoffs. Beat New England to get to SB and beat Brady, finally. Now that is a dream!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Might be a pipe dream but that would be so awesome!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Titans play the Jags, so they get a bye as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Win SB all that matters. If that path doesn’t include NE or Brady, so be it

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe not the Titans have lost to the Jets and Texans this year.

They lose to the Jags, holy smokes like a trifecta of losing to the worse teams in NFL this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ben's favorite inspirational text:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dylan Thomas :thumbs_up: