1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Outlook Thread!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Sep 5, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ebron will be a free agent after the season, so he won't be back anyway.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

We will still need to round out the depth chart

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Gentry will still be on the team next year

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    IDL is making a strong push as a First Round Pick option. The problem is there is only one IDL worth that selection; Jordan Davis.

Some say he is a two down player. I could not disagree more. He is the rare 3 down IDL player; Nose Tackle doubly so. Last type of player the Steelers had that could do that? Casey Hampton.

I do realize the game is much different than it was over a generation ago. That said.... so are the players. Jordan Davis is the revolution that the Steelers so desperately need for the defensive side of the football. Having the likes of Loudermilk, Heyward and Davis is a much better prospect than having just Loudermilk and Heyward. Why am I not listing Tuitt some may ask? Tuitt's career has been one of being unavailable. A big decision will have to made of him for certain.

QB is paramount yes but, even including Pickett, there is not a QB worth taking that high IMO. No doubt Pickett has been great but having a great CFB season does not mean he is destined to have a great NFL Career. Let us also not forget the competition Pickett has played this season the same. If anything and, realistically... I do not see any QB First Round worthy in this upcoming draft. For that matter, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson and Justin Fields are all powerful reminders as to why building in the trenches is first and foremost. Worry about the QB later as the guy is not going to be the guy if his career is shortened.

For further reference on how not to build around a QB, see Andrew Luck.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So is Rader, who is getting better and better.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Jordan Davis Georgia defensive lineman.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    Yeah that dude is a mawler

8. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    I really think they need to get Rodgers here and build both lines a CB a Safety and a ILB

9. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016

• Like Like x 3
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I love Jordan Davis but, He sure looked like **** against Alabama yesterday...And got manhandled

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He makes me REALLY nervous as a 1st round prospect. Way too variable in his film. Some games he looks unblockable even with double teams, and others he’s as invisible as a 340 lb. guy can be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed. Not a good showing for him. That said, the entire Georgia Defense got beaten up pretty good against Alabama as a whole; Jameson Williams torching the likes Derion Kendrick repeatedly. Personally, I am at least relieved to see any remaining Round One discussion on him be tossed up.

That said, he is all of his weight listing and a major reason he is on the Heisman Vote along with being a Walter Camp finalist. For that matter, Davis' true value often never shows up on the stat sheet for he commands so much attention to begin with. If anything, credit Nick Saban for taking Jordan Davis out of the equation all together.

Ignore Jordan Davis at your own risk, Michigan. Do so and you will regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't want the Steelers to draft him in the first round, he would most likely only play about 35-40% of the snaps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Isn't Alualu coming back?

15. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm in agreement on Linderbaum. Would love to see them take him. He might be gone before we get a chance at him but he would allow Green to move to guard and he could take over the center position. That makes the O line better right there. Do any of you think Nakobe Dean would be around at our number two? Well not sure about him now. He is 6 foot and 225 pounds. Maybe not a great choice

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He's under contract for next season, but he will be 35 years old.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not interested in the Steelers taking Dean, we see how an undersized Bush is struggling to get off of blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    the key for the team that drafts Davis will be to manage his weight. i think he is generally listed at 340 ? that dude is every bit of 360. he lacks stamina for sure. to get the most out of him i believe he needs to be in the 330-335 range.

19. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    my draft priority list for now would look something like this.

1 Ikem Ekwonu T/G
    2 Charles Cross LT
    3 Tyler Linderbaum C
    4 Kenyon Green G

5 Jordan Davis NT
    6 Devin Lloyd LB

i would be very interested to see how tyler linderbaum would fair against jordan davis.

Ikem Ekwonu is the nastiest run blocking linemen in this draft and offers position flexibility. he generally plays LT but has over 200 snaps at left guard and did excel there.
    from what i have seen cross is the better pass blocker and a decent run blocker . Ekowonu the better run blocker and a decent pass blocker , but i think the option to play him at guard makes him more valuable.
    Cross handles speed better and Ekowonu will fair better against power rushers. personally i would label miles garret a power rusher.
    my fear about NOT taking jordan davis is that one of our division rivals does.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey James Hetfield ....You trying 2 f**k up My eyes. LoL

21. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    the names link their PFF page

• Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not familiar with Ekwonu, is he good?

23. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    well he is at the top of my draft wishlist ..;)..i think he is probably the best run blocking tackle OR guard in this draft. here is a highlight tape of him playing a lot of guard and a game tape of NC states offense so you can see him more at tackle and pass blocking. he does give up a sack this game. he has given up 3 sacks and 10 hurries in 500 pass blocking sets for the season. watch how fast he can get to the 2nd level. the guy is quick for a 320 lb'er
    its probably a moot point because i think he will go in the top 12 and likely the top 10.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Master Of Puppets

Dec 25, 2021
    it is still possible we get a top 10-12 pick

standings.PNG

25. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    what does this look like after this week's games?