1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Games to keep an eye on today…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 5, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    That have a big impact on the Steelers are Chargers at Bengals, Washington at Vegas, and the Broncos at Chiefs Sunday night game. Colts and Houston is another one to monitor as well. The Steelers come midnight tonight could actually jump from the 11 seed to the 7 seed and in the playoffs if of course they find a way to beat the Ravens and the Bengals beat the Chargers, Washington beats Vegas, and the Chiefs beat the Broncos. Even if the Chargers beat the Bengals it would still help the Steelers as well if they win. Because both teams would be 7-5 and the Steelers would be 6-5-1 and just a half game back of both. So while the Steelers would still be the 8th seed if this happens they would still be very much alive and in the thick of the race.

So the bottom line is this is pretty much last gasp for the Steelers to keep realistic playoff chances alive. If you lose this game and fall under .500 that will pretty much do it. So should be a fun day scoreboard watching the games both early and late and I actually like the Steelers chances in this game with Watt now playing and it looks like Cam will be good to go as well. I think the Steelers find a way to win this game.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    All my Bengals friends told me last night. Go Steelers!:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Lose today, and our scoreboard watching will be for draft position. We won’t be mathematically eliminated with a loss, but we’ll need one or more other teams to pretty much collapse.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I'm starting Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, damn skippy I'm keeping any eye on LAC at Cincy.

5. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Yup, this game is the Alamo - if they lose today they're buried in the division and despite Baltimore's gaudy record, this game is one of the most winnable on the schedule because of Baltimore's injuries.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Will you stop being stupid with Baltimores injuries. Yeah they have not lost any more starters then most teams have. I didn't know we counted backups in the injuries, or player that never even played a snap this season.

7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'll give you a pass today with the news of your heart throb retiring after the season...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've accepted we just don't have it. Don't give a crap what happens now in the NFL. I just hope Ben gets a few more decent games.

With our luck we will win out and get butt kicked in first Playoff game then we lose out on high draft pick.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Playoffs? Seriously?

Cue the legendary Jim Mora.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers aside, this season has been so unpredictable I’m intrigued by how it all plays out. A lot of things could change in the next few weeks…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Chargers up 24-0 on the Bengals early in the 2nd quarter. As good as the Bengals looked against the Steelers last week they have looked absolutely terrible today so far today. The Chargers winning this game doesn’t help the Steelers as much in the wildcard race as it would if the Bengals would win but it would still keep them alive and a half game behind both teams at 7-5 to 6-5-1, and keep the Steelers alive in the division race as well if they can beat the Ravens.

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    All leading up to a Pats Bucs Super Bowl.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    :puking2::puking 3::puking 4:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Bengals and Chargers = contenders

Steelers = pretenders

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018

Plus a way early rumor has the Steelers liking Howell over Pickett.

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    As much as that would be next to impossible to wrap my head around it would truly be one of the more interesting story lines a Super Bowl ever had. NFL Network could have a coronary:)

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Sad thing is...Lions are gonna win today. The Steelers will lose.

19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good point! The NFL has seemed to have found true parity. Any of the 14 Playoff teams could catch fire and win a SB this season. Should be fun and sadly stress free if Steelers I'm not watching the Steelers.

Another poster mentioned a TB/NE Super Bowl. Now that would seem fitting for the season we have seen thus far.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The NFL loves storylines. While I'm not one of those the league is fixed kinda guys, I do think there are certain narratives that they believe are optimal. And they'll look the other way on certain calls if it results in what they want.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    In the hunt at 5-5-1?

Only things Steelers are in the hunt for is a new Head Coach, QB, NT, ILB, SS, CB, OT and Center.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I realize it’s very unlikely Steelers are going anywhere this season but as long as theirs even a whisker of hope, I’ll be cheering them on all the way to the finish line.

Beating the Ravens today won’t be easy but it’s very possible, especially at home

23. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Got the help we needed so far today. The Bengals lost, Vegas lost, and if Denver loses tonight in Kansas City the Steelers will jump to 8 in the conference and still be a half game back of the Bengals and 1.5 back of the Ravens. The game in Minnesota is just as big as this one on Thursday. You get that one and go to 7-5-1 then things really get interesting because then you really put pressure on both the Bengals and Ravens to win next week against the Niners and Browns.