1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2022 salary cap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 5, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hope that doesn't mean we follow some people's advice on here with Qbs. Have You seen some of the names thrown out there??? LoL. If Your going 2 get a suck Qb just stay with Mason until we draft one. I swear 2 *** over some of the Qbs names being thrown out there....because..because ...because their mobile. LoL. Why waste money on a Qb that's not good?? When (if you don't draft one) You have 2 other Qbs that's not good for way cheaper. Don't just change Qbs 2 change Qbs. I hope we wait 2 draft a Qb next year. Bunch more coming out then. Build everything So when We get Him. We are good 2 go.

3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    This shouldn't be surprising. The 2020 cap was set at $198MM, and had been seeing increases averaging about 10% annually. $208MM is 14% above this year, and 5% above 2020.

The only way they can be announcing the number next week is if the owners are projecting revenue to easily exceed that needed to fund the $208MM share for the players (48.8% of total). The NFLPA is then agreeing that the owners can use the amounts over that to comp losses they sustained last year (while the players still retained their full salaries). Though I'm sure the PA will be keeping a close watch on the final numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Are you referring to any QBs in particular? For Aaron Rodgers, I would like AR2 to be slapped upside the head if he even considers it. But since we're so bad at developing QBs I think you gotta at least bring in somebody in FA.