1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

minkah says practice has to change

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Nov 29, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Then go root for the Patriots

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought Klemm was the OL coach :shrug:

3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Sucked? They were missing a ton of guys last year and still ranked 7th. Steelers rank 23rd this year.

4. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Right on cue. :roflmao:

The team is sloppy and herky-jerky on offense, going back years. Back when they had stars all over the field they overcame it with big plays, but it's rare to see this offense execute with machine like precision.

5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    This is a ridiculous statement. Leaving aside the incongruous sample sizes, you're saying the Patriots, with a.438 winning percentage, had a bad year; but the Steelers, with a .713 winning percentage, were equally as bad over the last decade.

And in a twist of irony you chide the other poster in your next sentence with " I guess it looks the same to you somehow." No, it really doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree. Can you imagine Bellechick trotting Bush out there week after week with the “effort” he’s been delivering?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s up to coaches to hold the players accountable when they fail to execute or fail to even try. But hey, if the coaches aren’t going to be held accountable, then why should they hold players accountable?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Exactly - Vermeil once said "If you don't like what you see on Sundays, remember that you coached it during the week."

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I forgot not winning a playoff game is success I guess. Before you but we have 3 in a decade. 2 of those 3 are against backup QBs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    This is the kind of lazy argumentative style that makes it difficult to have more meaningful debates.
    1. Start by stating general conclusion as fact (Patriots had bad year, Steelers bad decade)
    2. Offer no supporting detail or parameters as basis for that "fact"
    3. Person counters with supporting metrics (winning percentage)
    4. You counter by selecting very specific - i.e., not likely to support more general conclusions - metric (playoff wins), and then
    5. Parody the other side by acting as though don't believe/chose not to originally address what you just pulled out of your @ss in #4, and also
    6. Issue pre-emptive counter supporting #4 that assumes everyone is going to a) forget that you just pulled it out of your @ss mid-argument, and b) consider it anything worth countering in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is the third steeler that has said practice needs to change,
    Cmon MT and other coaches start listening to these players. MT you really
    needs to change the way you coach and practice you are not getting it done