1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ESPNs Stephen A On Steelers Embaraasnent

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Dec 1, 2021.

1. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I really hope the Steelers are paying attention to what the national media thinks about them.

One would think statements like this would motivate motivate them. Yes, they’re bad…but at the end of the day they’re all still professional athletes

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Why should they listen? It’s all fake news.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oh wait I understand. It’s fake if it’s something that challenges your belief, but real if it’s an opinion you agree with

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think your just being sarcastic ;in a good way) …I think ?

5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It’s always easy to state the problems as those are clear and obvious. I’m more interested in solutions and I haven’t heard any talking head serve one up yet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    It's likely because there is no simple solution to fix this version of the Steelers. They need a new QB - likely from outside the organization. They need a natural center. They need better DL depth (the starters on paper are ok - IF they could actually play). They need another corner. They either need Bush to return to form - or get another ILB. None of that is happening this year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Lack of talent and experience ultimately.

8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This is exactly it. They took a lot of chances this year and hoped it’d all come together, it hasn’t, and injuries have confounded the weaknesses on the roster, particularly on defence.

Id disagree that the Dline starters are only Ok, it’s a terrific unit when everyone is on the field, but when Tuitt and Alualu are gone and Watt is in and out with injuries it’s probably bottom 5 because like you said, there is no quality depth

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I knew it would be Bens fault the defense is garbage ...... Who gives a crap what S.A. S thinks.. or says lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

I’ve been a Ben fan ever since he came into this league. Defense is a huge part of the blame. Stephen As argument is the same as yours but the other way around. If you listen to the video clip, he feels if the offense could generate more points it would motivate the defense. I say your both right. The team as a whole is just plain terrible right now.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This guy is so annoying.

Starts out as a soft subtle tone, expresses minor point of view, increases tone so he thinks people listen more then goes to 34 decibels so that others in the room can hear him and by the end of the segment screaming so that the neighbors will know who's trying to make a point.

I haven't watched ESPN in probably 8 years and I guarantee that's how it goes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No but it was Bens fault they only scored 3 points until a garbage TD to Muth. Plus a pick 6 and nearly a second one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    34 decibels is very quiet haha

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

It's starts out about 4.25, then 8.5, then 17, soon it's 34, THEN 68, now UP TO 136 and soon you feel like you are at a 1979 WHO concert when he TAKES IT TO 272!!

That's how he retained his job back when ESPN fired most of their staff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    We still have an outside shot but the minute we're eliminated we should go to MR. Ben is showing just enough flashes of his old self to keep the job, so I doubt anything outside of injury is getting him out of the captain's chair.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin will never bench Ben unless the orders come from above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They were getting blown out and Ravens week was in view, Ben still wasn’t taken out so he’s in until they charge the battery to bring the cart on to the field.

18. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Get a new head coach today!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank God the past Steelers D didn't use the excuses of the offense in the past.
    He's going 2 say this crap and the most mobile Qb in the league has 1 more passing Td than Ben, and 5 more turnovers. LoL. Hell he had 1td, 4ints 165 yards 46.5 rating yet they won the game. Dont seem baltimore needs more out of their Qb..LoL.
    This whole mobility agenda makes me laugh. I understand it though. There are way more of those kind of Qbs in College then there's Mac Jones, and Burrows.
    So they try 2 hype it up.
    I mean if the league is filled with Lamar ,and soon 2 be Malik Willis, and Matt Corrals eventually they will Win SBs. Like I said if You filled it with Women(Nothing against Women) Qbs they eventually win SBs also.
    Please no P. Mahomes, R. Wilsons...they move around mainly 2 throw the ball. You know this.

20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ever notice how the media never calls out Tomlin? It's always somebody else, Ben, Line, Defense but never Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't watch that channel and he is one of the many reasons why. Just a big mouth. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Stephen A is a joke and espn sucks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There local media does

24. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    ..but that's not how it went in this monologue. Sometimes it pays to observe and listen rather than jump to conclusions....as a Steeler fan himself he couldnt be anything but somber. It was more like a funeral homegoing message than anything else.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I hope nobody on the team listens to him. By the way, what does the A stand for?