1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler Depot article. This will not end well.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 30, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you take the string of her last three reports it would appear that their is some dissension in the ranks like some of the coaches don't agree with Tomlin's decisions. From Ingram to Haskins to this one.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I already told you how they could address her point without giving her any air. Try to keep up.

Overstating a point and fabricating a story are not the same thing. Why is that concept so difficult for you to understand?

I never said a reporter wouldn't lie. In fact, I said the opposite multiple times. I do believe it is more likely that a reporter would mess up than fabricate a story, especially a story so unimportant. (I'm talking about the Brown thing here.) You still don't even understand what I'm trying to tell you. No wonder you keep getting this wrong.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. Apparently, people like Blast don't understand that you would see that sort of trouble on a team that is struggling.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's what I'm seeing. It's why this report has me wondering where, and why is this being spread??:shrug:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They don’t have to address her stupidity by talking about it. Aditi isn’t the national treasure you like to pretend she is. She said it on a pod cast, I haven’t even seen her tweet about it which is why I had to listen to it. I didn’t even think she was dumb enough to make that statement, apparently i gave her too much credit. Would you like the Steelers to hold a press conference about it? They probably don’t even know she said it and wouldn’t give a rats ass if they did know.

I understand that you are a fraud and engage in dishonest discourse and then cry about this exact behavior. I’ve never made any argument about your statement one way or the other. Just like in an earlier post when you pointed out certain things she has been right about, show me where I ever said she is wrong about everything. This whole thing between us is because you have a stick up your ass just because I prefer to take reports by her with a grain of salt. Gullible people like you believe everything that is fed to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please stop making things up and attributing them to me. I'd ask you to find the post in which I described her as anything particular positive, much less a national treasure, but we both know those posts don't exist. I said she has all the exposure she could possibly want and if you don't realize that is true, you are even more lost on the topic of the media than I had previously thought.

You made a big deal about "people in the business" calling her out, ignoring the fact that it is two people who aren't even around the team on a regular basis. One is a former player who is an entertainer, not a journalist, and has demonstrated a chip on his shoulder with traditional media in the past. The other is a general assignment reporter, one who isn't even a full-time sports guy, who occasionally writes about the team. These are the bastions of journalistic virtue that you are praising, but the journalists who are actually around the team on a regular basis have nothing to say on the subject.

You didn't say she was wrong about everything, but you are still saying in this very post that you question everything she says or writes and it all comes from one incident. That is more than enough to justify my response above.

I questioned her comments before you even jumped on to this thread because the bit about never calling a defense didn't sound right. One of us is making things up and it isn't me.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You’re still clueless about the giving it air comment. Steelers don’t have to validate it by talking about it, she’s not talking about it anymore, but they address it and it breathes life into it, are you really this dense?

Sure, as soon as you find the post where I said she makes everything up. Two can play that game. I can make all sorts of assumptions about you that would be far more accurate than yours are about me.

I didn’t make a big deal about it, that’s your poor interpretation skills at work again. It was simply to show that it’s not just people on this message board that have a problem with her. But it’s funny how you dismiss these guys credentials because it doesn’t jive with your agenda.

I’ve pointed to several examples of hers for why I don’t trust her 100%, this latest gem being yet another example. Learn what the term taken with a grain of salt means. Not my fault your memory sucks and you only remember the AB example. One which McAfee even calls her a liar. Oh, that’s right, you discredited him with some bs of yours.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn’t say the team should address it. Yet again, you either don’t understand what I posted or you are just making things up and attributing them to me.

More than once, you have said you question what she reports since the Brown incident. Now you want to change your tune and say it is due to other reports as well.

do you actually think McAfee is a journalist? That would explain a lot. He is knowledgeable about the sports and he is entertaining, but he isn’t around the team on a regular basis and he is not a journalist. I imagine he would agree.

It is interesting that the journalists who cover the team regularly, the ones in competition with her, seem to have no issues with her.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You said you find it interesting that no one from the team is calling bs. How would you like them to do that without addressing it.

Yes, I have said more than once that I question her reporting and always will take what she says with a grain of salt. Don’t know where you were going there but it wasn’t the winning play you thought it was.

Why does he have to be a journalist? Why is it so hard for you to grasp this point that it’s not just the “usual suspects” here that have an issue with her. Are you really that naive to think those are the only two people outside this board that have a problem with her reporting? If you do, you don’t understand life very well. The other guy I cited is a journalists since that seems to be of some importance to you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong again, Blast. You brought up people in the business and I asked why the reporters who regularly cover the team weren't calling her out, not the Steelers. Please acknowledge your error.

The point you keep ducking is that the journalists who are around the team all the time seem to have no issue with her.

You were the one who brought up people "in the business" calling her out. That is why it is relevant that McAfee isn't a journalist. The other guy, well, he is a general staff reporter with very limited access to the team, if any, so it is doubtful he knows much of what is really going on. Maybe there are others who have an issue, but all you have been able to produce is one four-year-old Tweet that even McAfee has probably forgotten and one comment that is recent.

Now, let's address your free air excuse. This statement is news whether you like it or not, or at least it was when she made the comment. Fans of the team do care who is calling the plays. Are you telling me every reporter who covers the team is going to ignore the story, effectively not doing their jobs and passing on the chance to discredit a competitor, just for fear of giving free air to someone who has no problem at all getting national exposure? You're funny.

Also, if giving her free air is so bad, why did you praise the Times guy for doing it? Sure, he doesn't exactly offer much air, but didn't he risk fanning the flames!?:shrug:

By the way, here is the quote from my post that you misread. I cut out the rest of the post just so you can focus on the bit where you apparently thought I was saying that the team should respond.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Only wrong in your fantasy world. people in the business are people who cover sports, they don’t have to be reporters. I assure you there are plenty of people who don’t like her reporting. Half the people on this board think you’re an ahole and half think I am, thats just life. You can’t possibly think Aditi is universally loved. That would be a first.

I’m not ducking it, it’s irreverent.

Who would know more about the team is not the argument, he’s a journalist who called into question her unprofessional attack on Haskins for looking at his phone.

You’re turning yourself into a pretzel trying to defend this nonsense. The Steelers don’t owe you a damn thing and don’t have to address a stupid accusation made on a pod cast nor should they, why give her the attention she desperately craves. I love how Tomlin handles her and it definitely get’s under her skin. That’s why she purposely left him out when she was discussing it’s all about relationships you build with people and how the other AFC North coaches go out of their way to be personable with her, named everyone but Tomlin.

He doesn’t work for the Steelers, ffs.

I didn’t misread anything, this quote here is also irreverent. It’s about journalistic integrity, not who knows more about the team. I don’t know why you focused on this quote of yours and not the one where you stated you were surprised the Steelers weren’t calling bs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This is a non-story, people are only making a big deal about it because the team is losing, so Tomlin is making the calls with no playsheet and not talking into his headset :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You can't make chicken salad out of chicken :poopy:

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers have led the league in sacks for four consecutive years, I bet Butler designs their blitz packages.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Since this story came up a few years I would pay attention to Tomlin and Butler on the sidelines, occasionally Tomlin will have a small playsheet, but I doubt he's making all the calls during a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm sure he says yes, or no on calls, but like You said when I watch I'm mainly seeing Butler doing all the talking in the headphones.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That's why Aditi post about Butler never calling a defense is BS.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you remember that story during the 04 or maybe the 05 season where they were talking to the lber's about all of the blitzes that DL and Butler had in their playbook and how they literally had to take a test each week to be sure they had them down. You never hear that stuff anymore and I always wonder about why?

One problem the team had before Mike Hilton and has again after he left is the when they run a nickel back blitz or CB or safety these guys never get home and usually run right into a block. I may discount Hilton's overall skill the one thing he did well was get home on his blitzes. He would snake by a block and get pressure on the QB. It almost has to point to a coaching issue doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    When they call those blitzes by their ILBs they seem to get home, Vince had eight sacks in one season, this was after LeBeau was gone.

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Vince's sack and I'm not knocking them a lot of times came on a slight delay where they are purposely trying to get an offense to open a lane for him. Your right he did get home at lot which was an improvement. After Foote and Farrior were done they still tried the cross fire blitz where the ILBers swap forcing the center to choose one while the other got a free lane but they wouldn't work right and it exposed the middle of the field. I was glad when they eased back on that play.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never wrote that I was surprised that the Steelers weren't calling bs. I simply pointed out that there hasn't been a denial. I'm sorry you don't understand that those are not the same thing, but your responses make a little more sense now. I'm not surprised the Steelers didn't respond. That really isn't their style.

I did ask where the reporters who actually cover the team are on this. That's what I thought you were confusing with the team itself, which had me wondering what the hell you had been smoking.

I do have doubts that he hasn't called a defense, but never designed one? That is certainly possible. That you don't realize that is on you.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    this year they have a total of 3 sacks from any position except the front 4-5. that's blitzing. when the guys that do it every play get the sacks, that's not blitzing, that's a pass rush. blitzing is bringing somebody different then the norm, so if that's what you are basing your thinking on, then his blitzes are not working if he's the one in charge of it. :cool:

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    one season vince had. then those were cut down by half or more every year after. we were also a top 5 defense under LeBeau and could stop the run, we haven't been up there under butler. :cool:

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. She (and another reporter who did the same thing) screwed that one up big time.

Oddly enough, Pat McAfee ran with the initial report. He started his show yesterday with an apology. Even he said it could have been intentional or they could have heard it wrong. He also said they ran with it because they have "a lot of respect for Aditi." That line is at about the 12-minute mark. I love how he calls himself and his crew idiots repeatedly. His apology was much more fun than hers.

So you keep posting that Tweet from four years ago, yet McAfee trusts her information enough to run with it on his show and even after she screwed up the Tomlin quote, insists that he has a lot of respect for her. I guess he's lying now.

• Informative Informative x 1