1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Claypool just wants to dance..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersFanCanada, Nov 29, 2021.

1. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Don’t we have a guy on special teams that blocks punts

2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    What could give anyone the impression it couldn’t be the Steelers? Hmmmm

Well the fact that they don’t have a QB could be one? Also both the offensive and defensive lines, where games are won and lost, are arguably the worst in football? But sure we could be a SB contender next year :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm less concerned about the lines and more concerned about the QB position which I expect them to address in free agency or if they tank the rest of the season...the draft. Detroit wont be drafting a QB, neither will the Bears, or Seahawks....nor the Dolphins even if they have a worse record. Carolina might and should. Houston wont if Watson can stay out of prison. I cant think of any other teams off top that could potentially end up with worse records.

4. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I’m just not seeing a stud can’t miss QB in the draft especially when we have so many holes. I’m expecting them to sign like a Marcus Mariotta or some BS to compete with Mason. This is going to be a bit unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'd rather get Jameis Winston (altho the Saints will likely resign him) or Tyrod Taylor if they're going to go that route.

I guess the real question for Steelers is if they cant pick up a franchise QB in the draft, are they willing to go through one more bad year with a so so QB (because it looks like they wont find one in free agency) in order to see if CJ Shroud is the real thing and try and nab him in the 2023 draft?? Cousins, Mayfield, Jackson, Carr, Stafford, and Murray will all be free agents in 2023 if they're not resigned prior ( although I anticipate they all will be) which is a much better group then what will be available next year.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  6. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    He's from Canada. He doesn't know anything about being blue collar or the history of the NFL. He should stick to saying sorry to people, bending over backwards not to offend someone, and maple syrup.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I laugh so hard at this. I know a Canadian, and people are always telling them 2 quit saying they're sorry. So it hit me funny.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL What i find funny people on here getting upset because he said he wants music played at practice,,,.. People say dumb **** all the time, IMO its not worth getting upset abt.. But their is a few on here that gets upset over any lil thing ... lol Todays society:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not upset at all about that. Even though it was dumb thing 2 say. I'm upset because He's not progressing. I know We can point 2 the other parts of the offense as a reason, but it doesn't seem 2 be slowing DJ from continuing 2 progress, or Muth.

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

He prob is in the "sophomore slump" ...DJ had a bad year lst year with all the drops ( his 2nd year)?...Muth has been ok , but isn't having the first year Claypool had.. i know its 2 diff positions but still ... Im in the wait and see category with Claypool

• Like Like x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That last catch was huge though... they finally sent him on something other than a go route.

What was that ... Playaction with an Over Route?

They just aren't using him right IMHO. He isn't quick enough or consistent enough for 50/50 balls straight down the field. Not unless the run game gets good enough where he is running free.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hey I am from Canada so I will say sorry for Claypool's stupid comment. Now that that's out of the way I had a problem with one of his go routes. It looked like he running at 2/3 speed and pushed off the defender it didn't get called because the ball was overthrown .
    Hey dumb ass you already had a step on the guy run under the freaking ball at full speed and it wouldn't have been overthrown. We are not always polite.
    One of the few overthrows by Ben all year and it looked like Claypool was jogging and hand fighting with the defender instead of running at full speed and getting after it.
    He has the tools to be great but I wonder if his big rookie year made him think its going to be easy to be great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1