1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

minkah says practice has to change

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Nov 29, 2021.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I’ve heard many times over the last few years that Tomlin was running the D, but never any specifics about, scheme, design, play calling…. What exactly the division of labor was. Tomlin must be heavily involved, but I’d be surprised if he was calling all of the plays… Most of the time when they show him on the sidelines, he’s not doing or saying anything and there’s no play sheet in his hands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not doubting Tomlin is heavily involved in the game planning during the week, but I'm not buying that he calls it all the time during the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well who's the scapegoat. How does anyone blame Butler if He's not calling, or designing the D???
    Also how would she know this???

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    ADITI! Lol... It's just amazing ALL the inside info she's privy to...Info that Bouchette, Ron Cook, Hoke and others can't even sniff, amazing!

And, She gets a different scoop EVERY week!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    sounds like toxic misinformation, just sayin

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Claypool thinks bringing music to into play...Is the key to better practices....I have to agree!

Also should have dancing girls, dump some sand and put some umbrellas up, maybe some celebrities hanging around...

Make em more comfortable, less strenuous , would be the key to more productive practices!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Master needs no play sheet.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Obviously the overall scheme is that of Dick LeBeau, with Tampa 2 concepts added by Tomlin. However, I'd think that Butler had to have added some wrinkles of his own. However, if what she said is true, I find that as damming for Tomlin as it is Butler.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Facts aren't a prerequisite of Twitter journalism. They just type out sensationalized snippets with next to no proof lol.

(I forgot to put my text in green)

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    She's clearly had the most reliable, indepth, insider knowledge for the last 5-6 years.

But seriously, I'm not sure how some of these "journalists" have jobs lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    By big playsheet, you mean that little 3x5 card he carries around? Butler is a loser. He's a Dick Lebeau wannabe without a brain.
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Your post did not go where I thought it would. Tomlin thinks his job is to motivate players and be a cheerleader.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If practice is the issue, the players won't admit it, but it tells me they don't respect the coach.

OR there is a cancer (player) on the team that needs to be removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This is easy. The local fan boy media will never, ever break a story. Especially one thats Stiller negative. They might get in trouble. Ever notice that all the Steeler stories are broken by Schefter, Rappaport and yes Adidi. And after they break the news the lazy local lapdogs jump in. The local get along gang could report stories, but they know the path to success is rah rah. Thou shalt not utter a discouraging word,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I noticed that is true as well, but some of them are on the payroll with Steelers Nation Radio. They also don't want to jeapardize their access with the team.

IIRC if you got on Cowher's bad side as a reporter you got shunned.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What will it take for Tomlin to get fired and his entire coaching staff to be replaced? Serious question? We need fresh blood.

If you are all for him sticking around then what is your reasoning?

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They're all just a bunch of tools controlled by big corporate money. It's not just sports.

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, we had times this year when we thought the defense was great. Won some games with defense.

What happened to the good defense we had before? Maybe we are too dependent on a couple players like Watt. If Watt is not 100% healthy, I see the drop off in pressure. Maybe a couple other guys are being slackers. Maybe OC`s of other teams found out our flaws on defense.

My guess would be our secondary has always been somewhat soft and got worse. Couple that with weaker pass rush and our defense is lame.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    While I'm no Tomlin fan I would argue this team is not as talented as we're led to believe.

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The design part I believe. Butler has never looked or sounded too bright to come up with an overall plan.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I do wonder if ownership takes stuff like this seriously or is it damage control mode and sweep it under the rug. Nothing to see here. I wasn't a big fan of Dan Rooney either but it seems obvious he wouldn't be fine with this.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Judging by the way the defense has been playing, no one is calling the anything during the games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It all starts up front with this defense. They're worn dahn and injured. They're struggling to occupy lineman making it harder to bring pressure. Talent wise up front, who other than Cam is solid? Wormley is decent and Mondreux and the rookie are ok. Even Soebert is looking meh out there. All of this really is exposing the backend for what they are, average at best sans Minkah.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Serious answer: Divine Intervention.