1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Joe Starkey had some good points about Tomlin. I no longer support keeping him as a head coach. In my opinion he has out stayed his welcome. But we have him for three more years.

o some, the mere notion of moving on from Mike Tomlin seems ludicrous.

I’ll tell you what’s ludicrous ...

• Giving up 28 first-quarter points to the Cleveland Browns in a playoff game.

• Giving up 533 yards to the Los Angeles Chargers, then admitting you failed to make any meaningful adjustments.

• Giving up 40-plus points in back-to-back games for the first time since 1989.

• Going to overtime against Geno Smith.

• Nearly blowing a big fourth-quarter lead to the Chicago Bears.

• Allowing 229 rushing yards to the Detroit Lions, then admitting you were out-coached by Dan “Kneecap” Campbell, who had never called plays until that day.

• Failing to win a playoff game for five straight years, the longest streak since Bill Austin coached here. That’s what will happen if these Steelers do not win a playoff game — and if you think they will, I have some beach-front property in Wilmerding I’d love to show you. By the way, that streak included the early Chuck Noll era, when the Steelers were the most pathetic franchise in football — though probably not bad enough to tie the 2021 Detroit Lions.

• Tying the 2021 Detroit Lions.

• Refusing to bench Devin Bush even though everybody knew he was playing terrible football coming in — and he continued to do so. Oh, did he ever, to the point where ex-Steelers nose tackle Chris Hoke said this on the KDKA postgame show: “It seems to me he’s playing with no heart out there. There’s no effort. Really, right now, you’re playing with 10 guys on the Steelers defense.”

• Losing three consecutive games to the Bengals for the first time in 31 years.

• Losing to the Bengals, 41-10, on Sunday in maybe the most humiliating regular season game of the Tomlin era.

I mean, seriously, how bad does this have to get before Tomlin’s seat at least becomes lukewarm, or even room temperature?

Why should it just be assumed that he is coach for life?

I’m not saying he should be fired even if his team collapses for the fourth consecutive season, or if it merely misses the playoffs. But why in the world did Art Rooney II give him an unusually long, three-year contract extension last spring after the third straight collapse?

I could not have said it better than this. I agree with each and every point he made. 3 more years of this garbage. Next year not a lot of draft picks. Free agents? Not the Steelers way. I have no hope that this franchise will get any better in the next few years. But on we go.

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I don’t think I’ve given up on a televised game I gave up at 41-3 watching online.

4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I heard an interesting stat that Im sure others have posted but I didn’t realize…. 20 other teams have won in the postseason since Tomlin last won a playoff game.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Isn't Tomlin the guy making those hires on the coaching staff? How is that not on Tomlin's shoulders? MTAS has spoken....

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Fields has shown that? When?

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Against the likes of Baltimore and the Steelers for a start. Keep in mind I did say capable of. I never said he can do so despite of.

Fields is not the problem with Chicago. Matt Nagy is. Getting rid of him will go a long way; doubly so if Eric is available.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I was a doubter but I'm seeing potential there.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Cue a picture of AR2 with a blindfold and fingers in his ears.

10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The Standard is the Standard, I guess.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Show us the doll where Art2 touched you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Tomlin was asked today about Claypool wanting music piped in for practice,his response " Claypool.runs routes,I run the practices " grrrrrr, rahhhhh....You tell em tough guy!

By the looks of the play on the field, There isn't ANY doubt who runs the practices!

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    His " false " tough guy talk...week after week after week...Then get the ball shoved down your throat is getting so old...

Actions speak louder Mike... ACTIONS! Just ONCE I'd like to see your "tough guy talk " carry over into actually inspired play on the field!

• Like Like x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    settle down beavis or you’re going to stroke out