1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Nov 28, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve never left a game early or turned the Channel cause the game was going bad.
    Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as you could considering the way we played.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

It seems like we are a major fraud with smoke and mirrors. Once teams figure out the Achilles heel in our scheme we are toast and fodder for the copycats. Every damn year for a while now. We have no bounce back, counter move, or plan B. Everyone has always complained about the lack of in-game adjustments outside of “Let Ben, be Ben”. But now that that is a limp noodle, we are dead men walking till the end of the regular season for like 4 years now.

We are a bad “one trick pony”.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So, If and when the Steelers don't make the playoffs this year...That will make 12 out of Tomlins 16 years that he either.. Didn't make the playoffs, or didn't win a playoff game...

Let that sink in Tomlin apologists, yee of the ole 500+ seasons thingy...

I more so like the number that can be spun off those numbers...

So, in Tomlins 16 seasons,FOUR of those 16 seasons he's WON a playoff game!

Put that in perspective for some of you who are under the illusion that Tomlin is so steady, and his teams are so competitive every year...

They are not

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Now go compare Tomlin to some other coaches like Sean Payton

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    lets compare to Bruce Arians? Heck he was on our payroll . So we could have promoted him and fired Tomlin.

how bout the AFC North head coaches? How many post season wins do they have the past 10 years?

Matt Lafluer? Andy Reid?

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Andy Reid’s record isn’t all that great overall.

8. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Well suck a** but at least there won't be the internal politics battle happening on the field every Sunday.

I hate that I can't hate this

9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  10. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah he is such a " tagged " wh*re.

Is that against policy?
    Not my words but that emoji slut I mentioned above named glenn

11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Why? I'm a Steelers fan...I don't give a **** about the Saints!

And,why do you have to hassle me, on EVERY post I make

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Half the stuff you post is inaccurate.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    You're full of **** Glemm, That's accurate!...And the reason 95% could give a **** what you have to say...That's accurate too!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    When is the next win. Personally I can only imagine beating the Browns (maybe). Everything else on the schedule looks like a beat down. Who have we beat Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, Justin Fields, mayfield. How we beat the Bills is mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

Pollyannas....will be Pollyannas.

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I thought they were going to shake things up in a big way to improve our running game. LOL. Even the owners were barking that line out as well. How's that working out after all that BS babbling? I think we had 27 yards rushing in the first half today. WTF would we have had if there wasn't that big talk about improving our running game? The same of course. Nothing changes with this team because it's the same people running the show.

17. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You can't flame out if you never lit a fire to start with.

18. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Yup

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think everyone has their own interpretation of why things are the way they are. Let's not get into a circular firing squad trying to emphasize each of those reasons. I promise, the outcome will not be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I nominate Eric "sleeping with" Bienemy as our next head coach. He is miles better than Tomlin and an offensive mind. He will hire a good DC.

21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Im sure he enjoyed it as much as someone enjoys waterboarding.

22. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    I have been and most likey will always be a tomlin fan.

However, the amount of blow out win v blow out losses is getting concerning.

Again, as always, I see this not on the shoulders of tomlin but bad hires ( or lack there of ) to missed contracts to bad drafts to let down games.

If we are supposed to be the cream of the crop organizationally, then why do we have guys dipping out whenever they can ( remove the money argument)?

It's almost as if the NFL is leaving the Steelers behind or maybe the Steelers are not changing with the NFL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Why anyone has to invoke the Rooney Rule to explain why the Steelers don't fire Tomlin is beyond me.

The Rooney's behavior here is completely consistent with past behavior for the last half century. They keep HC's for a long time and don't fire them. That's how they roll. Hell, as of this moment, Tomlin has been HC for less regular season games than any of the Steelers HCs in that time period.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Assuming Eric Bienemy elects to choose Pittsburgh as his destination to begin with. Bear in mind that the Chicago Bears likely have an opening soon and Justin Fields is still very young and raw in his development. A good Offensive mind like Eric's will go a long way with Fields. If I am the McCaskey's, I would pursue the hell out of him.

Not much for Bienemy to work with here. A possible good draft slot but that is sadly not enough in comparison to a Bears team that has a QB who clearly has shown he is capable of winning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Seldom has Pittsburgh given second contracts max market value to players sans some examples that are not a QB. T.J. Watt's case though could be a possible breakthrough in it all. Some aspects the Steelers are step for step with the league.... others they are behind no doubt.

Despite how horrible his Offensive Play Calling has been, I still would give Matt Canada another shot as there is more to the Offensive Struggles than just the play calling. Coaches have to place their players in favorable matchups for sure but the players have to execute their assignments. When neither occurs, more so easy to place blame on the OC but more often than not, the devil is in the details.