1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any chance…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 28, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I saw Hayward's post game presser. He looked and sounded pretty p!ssed. He once again alluded to the fact that their practices are not productive. Now for who and to what degree is open to speculation, but your team plays like they practice. Cam Heyward is one of the few players I see on this team that plays with any passion or pride.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Naw, I save my gambling money for the poker machines. Betting sports requires more human interaction than I am comfortable with nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. :thumbs_up:

4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They can beat the Vikings. Did you see Cousins line up under the guard on a fourth down attempt? lol

and the rat birds is always a close game.

there’s a chance if the defense can stop the run

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Someone else did that years ago. I want to say it was Elway, but I can't remember.

6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Here are the current standings for the final AFC playoff spot.

7. Chargers 6-5
    8. Raiders 6-5
    9. Broncos 6-5
    10. Colts 6-6
    11. Steelers 5-5-1
    12. Browns 6-6 (if they lose tonight in Baltimore)

So if you run the ESPN playoff machine like I just did and taking a quick look at next weeks games if the Chargers lose in Cincinnati, Broncos lose in KC, Raiders lose to Washington, and the Steelers beat the Ravens next Sunday the Steelers would be back in the 7th seed in the AFC. So we’ll see how things play out next week but just letting people know there is still a pulse for the playoffs for the Steelers it’s not completely dead in the water just yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tyrod Taylor

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well we may very well lose , but your insight is not noteworthy. Heck you said we wouldn’t win three more games last time and we went on to win 4 in a row.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Really? What do you intend to eat during next week’s game to trigger that winning streak?

• Like Like x 1
  10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    This current slide is not very surprising. Except for the Buffalo game they haven't had a really good win all year. Beat a mediocre Broncos team, defeated a Russell Wilson-less Sehawks in OT, survived vs Browns, escaped vs Bears thanks to some favorable calls, and tied a hapless Lions team at home. They've been playing with fire all year. The season is too long and cruel for those types of results not to catch up with you eventually. And have they ever in the last two weeks.

The only way to change that is to drastically improve play and there's not a lot of positive indicators here. The D and O-line play is getting worse, the receivers more inconsistent, and the QB play marginal.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I went to today's game. Stick a fork in us we're done. 7 Pimply Dan's couldn't even save this train wreck.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    but what if we had 8 pimply dans?

• Like Like x 2
  13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If there was nothing left of this universe but Pimply Dan's we would still make a first round exit in the playoffs if they happened to Pimply Dan their way there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought you were done with these playoff standings threads?

15. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea thought so too probably just the frustration of the entire game with the Bengals today coming out at that time saying I was done. But turns out I guess I’m not lol. Chargers and Colts losing today and the Browns if they lose to the Ravens still leaves the door open for the Steelers even at 5-5-1.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about what the other teams are doing right now, or the standings until the Steelers can string together some wins.

17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Unless they make a complete 180, getting into the playoffs is like Ben throwing the TD to Muth to make the score 41-10. Looks good on the stats sheet but otherwise meaningless. This team has no chance to get past the wildcard round

18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    He wasn't who I had in mind. I think Elway did it in his rookie season.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Benny? You're posting on the wrong name.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Normally I'd be loving having gotten in the playoffs, but not so sure about that right now. JMO>

21. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Well yea that’s the idea here. If the Steelers don’t beat the Ravens next week and get a win and improve to 6-5-1 none of this matters. If the Steelers beat the Ravens next week then they can start looking around at what the other teams around them are doing. Because at this point the Steelers need to win games and get some help if they want to find themselves once again on the right side of the playoff picture. They have to win these next 2 games with the Ravens and Vikings to at least give themselves a chance. They really can’t afford to lose either one of those games at this point no matter what the other teams that they need to lose around them are doing.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The Browns lose and drop to 6-6 and the Ravens win to improve to 8-3 and come in here next week with the best record in the AFC next week. It still sets up the scenario I talked about earlier for next week of if the Chargers lose to the Bengals in Cincinnati, Raiders lose at home to Washington, Broncos lose to the Chiefs in Kansas City, and the Steelers beat the Ravens here at Heinz Field next week that the Steelers would end up being the number 7 seed a week from tonight. So don’t know if all that will happen next week but I think there is a decent chance it might so we’ll see what happens. Should be a good one here next week late day at 4:25 against the Ravens. These games are always a battle and close games that usually come right down to the wire. I expect next week to be no different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    After watching Steelers for a number of decades. I have rarely seen the Steelers right the ship with this many and severe issues in the last 6 games of the season and make a run at it.

It is only been done in 2005, and look at the roster we had back then.

This isn't their year.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh wow....I am going to our home game vs the Titans. It will take a whole hell of a lot of pregaming to watch but we are going anyway lol

• Like Like x 2
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This team is in desperate need of play makers. Having a top 10 draft pick could go a long way to rebuilding this train wreck for the long term. I wouldn’t be too upset if we lose out.

• Agree Agree x 1