1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 25, 2021.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Beat down worse than any other team? Brady is like 32-3 against the bills. Tomlin is 2-4. I’ll take that 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over what you’re clamoring for. If y’all get your wish we become the browns of the last 3 decades. End of story.

/edit cowher was 1-5

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Brady also had the league in his back pocket with Kraft and Gooddell being BFF's. The GOAT got busted cheating numerous times and each time it was swept under the carpet instantly with a mere slap on the wrist.
    That's my STORY and I'm sticking to it!

Doesn't change the fact that Tomlin is a slightly above average coach at best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s not even close to being a fact. That’s your opinion.
    I want to move on from Tomlin also, but some of you guys just make **** up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Hope you’re there to die on your sword when that slightly above average head coach is inducted to the hof.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I understand that some people want Tomlin gone, but some of the **** they come up with is just comical and disgusting at the same time.
    Tomlin has been a way above average coach. This other nonsense is just sour grapes cause some people can’t get their way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another “Look at me” thread

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    exactly. They throw a whole pile of crap at the wall to see what sticks. Some of their crap is hilarious though. Snyder’s plane is in Pittsburgh the only possible reason is they’re trading for tomlin! Then they sit around in a giant circle jerk.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

OK. I'm sorry I should have specified that he is an above average regular season coach but average playoff coach.

Mike Tomlin
    Playoff record: 8-8
    Home playoff record: 5-4
    Road playoff record: 2-3
    Wild-card playoff record: 2-4
    Non-wild card playoff record: 6-4
    Super Bowl appearances: 2
    Super Bowl wins: 1

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We still can't abandon what we are good at because We might face N.E. in the playoffs. I wish we could, but most teams great at Zone, are not great at Man. Why do You think Lamar gives N.E. troubles. Yet last time I saw them play they still went man, and payed for it.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Now do these coaches:
    Sean Payton
    Andy Reid
    Pete Carroll

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

How is saying the 0-10-1 Lions are in fact as terrible as their record uses the same logic that the Bills are terrible since they lost to the steelers. You took a leap there. Not sure I can call what you did "logic" ?

I did not say the Steelers are worse or even the same as the Lions because we tied them. My point was we really had to reach deep down into the pits of loser hell to tie that team w/ an injured BAD QB who couldn't throw the ball in the second half. It was IMO more embarrassing than losing to Tim Tebow. Tomlin really worked hard for that one. I said the Lions are as horrible as their record says they are. They are not better than their record and they proved as much by losing to the bears and every other team they have played since Dec 06 2020. We can stink it up with the worst of teams on any given Sunday but we are probably a 7-8 win team at best.

Given we actually had a QB that could throw and more talent on the field than the lions... we probably played the worst ball of anyone in the league so far. We tied a Lions team with a QB that couldn't throw the ball in the 2nd half. I can't say just how ridiculous that is. Not sure how many teams could pull that off. If Mason couldn't throw the ball...we would have lost that game by a touchdown at least. But alas we tied them.

We are a terrible team right now... how terrible?... I guess that is up for debate. Probably somewhere around the Bears or seahawks.. better than the Lions but not sure how many other teams we can say we are actually better than. Probably puts us in the bottom 1/3rd of the league right now. By the end of the season we probably end up with 7-8 wins...assuming we get healthy. Like the last several seasons under Mike Tomlin...we show promise at times but always fall apart. We are 5-4-1 with a gift win vs the bears. Hopefully we can get healthy and turn some things around.

What happened vs the Bills I don't know. Maybe lucky day 1? I do know if we played the Bills today it would by ugly. Watt is easily a defensive MVP right now if he wasn't missing games...I guess he is why we won that game. We get Watt back and some other guys we could maybe hope for 8 wins. This is an ugly team with an obvious head coach issue. I don't conclude that from tying the Lions. I conclude that by the fact that we can't beat the Lions, Bears, Raiders, Bengals, Packers, and Chargers. The packers are the only team IMO in this group that is actually good. Let's not forget the 1-5 finish to last season either.

12. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    The Patriots were not the team to beat in the AFC when cowher was coach (the Patriots were just getting started). Tomlin needed to beat the Patriots that should have been his focus from 2007-2019. He never attempted to change. Which is why Brady threw 19TDs and ZERO interceptions. Does that sound like a coach that makes adjustments. Mike (Barry Switzer) Tomlin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    About 31 other teams would sign up for this if looking for a new coach.

And eventually they would find it time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Over 12 years he could have changed the scheme and personal to be competitive. However Tomlin said no thanks just keep kicking our a??

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Patriots and Brady beat Cowher twice in the AFCCG, so I guess they were the team to beat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    They were just getting started. I am saying that a great coach would see what needed to change and change it. Chuck Noll looked at his team and said we are going to be a great team the problem is most of you won’t be on the team when that happens

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers suck. 80's all over again.

18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You know someone is grasping at straws when they make up statistics.

https://www.steelers.com/video/highlight-williams-picks-off-brady-20001643

19. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Look, no one is saying the Lions are a good team. But the poster you replied to suggested the Lions weren't as bad as their record. Your logic in dismissing them was to state what their record was going back to last season. Well that, and "lmfao", but I went ahead and assumed the former was the logic portion of your argument. Anyway, if your stance is that a team actually is bad because their record is bad (and thus a team is in pits of loser hell for losing to them), then enter the Bills. Projected by many to be competing for the AFC crown, they scored six points in a losing effort against a winless Jacksonville team whose losing streak went back even further than the Lions.

Point is, the Lions game was terrible. Opinions will vary on how terrible. You're going a long way in not just opining pits of loser hell, but admonishing those not agreeing with you, using statements that are fine as points for your personal opinion, but aren't 100% accurate, so again, other opinions may vary. For example, Goff is not a good QB, and yes, was injured. But you keep repeating he couldn't throw a football in the 2nd half, despite him making 19 of his 25 passing attempts post halftime.

Parity is rampant across the league this year. Lots of teams are looking terrible in a loss one week, then beating a team that looked great the week before. The Steelers are far from the most talented or well coached team - there's no need to pin it to a tie against the Lions, especially if doing so mean you discount the challenges the Steelers faced (starting Rudolph on less than 24 hour notice, Watt departed in the 3rd quarter, etc.). Their wins and losses - and even ties - are likely going to be ugly this year (props to Tomlin: consistency). There's no need to make a greater statement from a single game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020