1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 25, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They are pressure into starting Fields. Make No mistake of that. Also, and I could be wrong, but I believe Fields got his first start because Dalton got injured

2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

6-7 is a long way from 0-10 at home. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    They hadn't won a game since Dec 06th 2020 ...against the Bears not so coincidentally. 1 - 14-1 going back to Dec 6th. Lets not talk about the Lions being better than their record. lmfao

When we played the lions not only did they start Goff...they started an injured Goff that could not throw the ball in the 2nd half. They were running on 3rd and 15+ . I don't think people truly appreciate how bad that tie was.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

And cowher lost twice to a 3-13 bengals team. Quit ****ing crying

• Like Like x 2
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    If you and your ilk get your way we become the browns, bengals, lions, jets etc.

an ever changing carousel of coaches and general managers and losing records. Never sniffing the playoffs let alone winning a Super Bowl. Y’all are just a bunch of spoiled petulant little ****ing children

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Another one of your disingenuous quotes pushing a narrative. In a meeting with the press after the draft that year Colbert said that Rudolph was an easy pick in the third because he carried a first round grade. Again, that was 2018. To drop your quote three and a half years later, adding the word "insists" for good measure, is hyperbole and misrepresentation.

In 2018, as with every draft year, teams and analysts made a lot of mistakes. Even PFF, whose analysis/grades you're fond of referencing in your arguments, had Rudolph 25th on their board with a grade of 88.3, second highest of QBs to Mayfield. They also had Josh Rosen going third among QBs (6th on their board). And Josh Allen they had going last among the six big QB names that year - 35th on their board and with a 66.1 grade.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody said Dalton was great. I certainly didn't. He is a viable option to start a few games in a pinch. Rudolph is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    First of all who’s fault is that? Secondly neither did the lions.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I get not wanting to change coaches every 3 seasons but there are times when changes should at least be considered. Obviously, this will not be Tomlins final season unless this team happens to lose every remaining game, and then it would be a very small possibility at best.

Having 3 coaches in 50 years is a nice trait to have when they bring you to the big dance 8 times while winning 6 of the trophies. Noll was pretty much forced out when his teams weren't buying into his philosophy any longer. Cowher exited on his own terms when he felt the job was getting a bit stale. Tomlin will hang around for as long as the FO feels that they can continue bring playoff possibilities which is fine but to ignore glaring weaknesses and deficiencies is not a smart path to take when it comes to the goal of winning another Championship.

Calling us a bunch of spoiled petulant little ****ing Children when we see mind boggling decisions week in and week out, year in and year out doesn't make a bit of difference to the fact that MT is an average coach who happens to work for one of the greatest and most loyal franchises. He's very lucky in that sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Well, by that logic the Bills are a truly awful team. Not only did they give Jacksonville their first win of the season, but they lost against the Steelers, who couldn't beat the only remaining winless team.

Or maybe they do? I mean, I sure didn't like that they didn't win. I'm just not going to project it into carrying further meaning than it does.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Got news for you, the Steelers are also a bad team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Okay?

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Mind boggling decisions to you. Just because it’s the way you think it should be done or the way any other coach did it doesn’t mean it’s the only way. You ***** about his use of challenges. He’s right in line with everyone else out there. You ***** about everything. Y’all are the same torch and pitchfork crowd that thought arians was the source of our problems. Or the game had passed by Dick L. You’ve got a track record up there with that q troll.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd rather b*tch about mind boggling decision making than to be blindly loyal. Make sure you keep Tomlin's popcorn hot and fresh with extra butter just the way he likes it.

15. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    How did Dick L. do after leaving the Steelers (the game had past him by). Tom Brady embarrassed Dick L. every time. Toms greatest TD to interception ratio was against the Steelers (so don’t tell me he beat everyone). The Patriots felt the Steelers were an extra bye week

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    The success or lack there of against arguably the greatest qb of all time is your response? :roflmao::roflmao: You’re probably one of those screams you have to blitz Brady.

17. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not going to argue that Brady feasted on a lot of Steeler defenses, but that doesn't necessarily support that Lebeau or his system was too old for the game.

Also, it's not a particularly effective debate tactic to make a false claim then use it to tell your opponent not to try countering it. Again, Brady has an excellent TD:Int ratio against the Steelers, but they're not his "greatest". Point being, he seemed to have no problem beating Lebeau's scheme, but he beat a lot of others just as impressively.

End of day, teams and schemes evolve. Lebeau's mid-90s scheme would have to eventually adjust to counter the changes offenses made over the years - in part because of how successful his and others became.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    That’s why I added Brady had more success against us than the other 30 franchises. Try reading my post. Some teams played Brady tough every time even if that team was having a bad year. Broncos, Ravens, Giants, Miami and even the crappy Browns. All played a style that gave Brady trouble. Did you ever see us change our personal or scheme to try and copy it over the 2 decades. The answer is no. Will you even read this far into my post and comprehend it?

20. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    cool story bro.

Gisele Bundchen is coming over to my house right now, Tom doesn't satisfy her anymore.

okay, your turn again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently some don't understand that we are basically a Zone team...Well except for last Sunday. That's Why most Running Qbs have problems with us.
    It's hard 2 Change Your whole D for Brady that You may only play once a Year. Just like We play Lamar, and Cam Well because off it , but the Patriots don't.
    Because they are mainly a Man team,or Have been. You seen Cams, and Lamars record against the Pats??? Well let me tell You...they have never beaten either.
    They are not going 2 Change their complete D for one game here , and there.

22. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    In 2017 an article was written saying Tomlin Steelers allowed Brady to have 19 TDS and 0 interceptions and a rating of 127. His highest against any coach he had faced at least three times. Soooooooo no you can’t just say Tom is great when we get beat down worse than any other team. We played zone then more zone a decade later more zone. Tomlin one a game against Brady playing man coverage . Then the next time we faced them zone on got torched

23. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    The road to the super bowl for 2 decades went through foxboro so yes they should have changed. It wasn’t for a game here or there. It was THE team they needed to beat.

24. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There are lots of QBs drafted in the first round that don’t pan out.

25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You are what your record says you are.