1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush will be a bust

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Jul 31, 2019.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but they need 2 do something right now. Because right now He's a severe weakness out there.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Spillane has been playing more recently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    stick to Reddit and Twitter, pseudo detective . You’re the kind of dude to say “source?” After the most basic google searches can be made to find your answer. I never once said bush had turned the corner. Quit trying so hard .

5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I wasn't overly impressed with Bush in his rookie year, he showed some speed and could run down some plays , but as an inside LB he really didn t stand out filling a hole.
    After the injury he seems to be tentative not yet ready to play with reckless abandon which is what is needed for an ILB.
    It sounds harsh but a first rd pick should be a difference maker, a player that makes you notice his play for good reasons. A first rd pick is one of the top 32 players among the roughly 450 players signed each year. Average or slightly above or below average just doesn't cut it for a first rounder.
    I would have a much higher opinion of him if he was taken in the 4th or 5th round but that's not the reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Shazier spoke on it and told him to get in the playbook! Dig it!

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, you just wanted to change the thread title, most likely to give yourself a little wiggle room if he continued a positive trend rather than having his career derailed by the torn ACL. Now you want to go back to your original position because he hasn't been able to return to form since the injury.

I'm no detective and I never look at Reddit, but I am quite good at making inferences and reading between the lines, especially when the writer is so basic.

8. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    I would have done a dirty delete if it was pivoting. Why would I bump a thread if I changed my mind? You tried and failed. You have a room temperature IQ and you give yourself too much credit. You’re quite good at being annoying . That’s about it . Bush was not good before the ACL and is pretty much terrible now . Looks like I was right and you’re upset about it. So you pretend to be a critical thinker or detective and ignore all of the subject matter that was in the post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    The funniest part about this message board is that not only do Steelers fans dislike other teams and their fans…….. they also dislike each other.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  11. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I apologize in advance if this was already posted but this is a great clip of AM on Bush.

I have been reading on Twitter and the Depot and BTSC that Bush needs to be kept clean to be efficient in his role but AM sorta debunks that theory.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    This thread is akin to calling Shazier a bust on draft night and bumping after injury. It's unbelievable, rub your eyes a few times and look at it again unbelievable.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

This is what I posted before the DL is part of the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    Shazier was a different breed than Bush. Sure shazier took risks and it didn’t pay off at times ..but he also made a ton of plays and actually played really fast , not just a fast 40. Shazier saved us against the AJ McCaron bengals in the playoffs with that late forced fumble . Made the pro bowl twice and was improving every year. He also wasn’t a fool on social media and didn’t need his dad to go to bat for him .His injury is the whole reason why the Steelers gave up so much to draft Bush. Who is not a guy. He doesn’t have the juice. Never did and never will . Bush did not look like a top 10 pick before the injury. We drafted Shazier 15th or 16th overall without giving a kings ransom as well .

15. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    I was watching Arthur Moats talk about Bush not even being able to get off blocks from a 40 year old tight end on the chargers. And Bush looks beyond bad and looks lost in the open field . Look at that 3rd string browns RB that took him to school on that TD he had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    ACL's no longer change the careers of top players. Top players come back the next year and perform as well as always.

17. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    exactly . People are acting like he has an Alex Smith injury. Adrian Peterson put up 2k after an ACL

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Shazier was in his 4th year when the injury occurred. Bush was 5 games into his second year. Huge freaking difference. Not to mention the covid restrictions.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  19. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    I didn’t bring up Shaziers injury as an excuse to him not being good. Edited*.Obviously it was career ending . I think the argument is bush tore is ACL over a year ago otherwise he would have been a home run draft pick . People are using that to cope. In reality he is playing bad football and making huge mental mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bush stated that the knee is fine. He said it. It's between the ears. He is regressing, not progressing. He is a liability at this point.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Agreed this is an average line sans Heyward but their is no excuse for the way Bush is playing. None. The constant mental mistakes are inexcusable.

• Like Like x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

There have been athletes state it took them 3 years to recover from a major injury such as the one bush suffered. It’s not just recovering the physical aspect, but it also takes a mental toll. That doesn’t happen overnight and it doesn’t happen at the same speed for everyone. Bush will be just fine.

23. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    I hope so. I hope he ends up to be a stud. It’s not trending that way tho . Also I thought Shazier got hurt year 4 ?

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Oops my bad. You’re correct. It was year 4. Still a huge difference.

25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Why are some people so bad at taking the L when it's warranted? He was right, most everyone else was wrong and now they're just digging in.

Popcorn time.