1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Positives from the game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 21, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    My wang.

Life sucks

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Cam is a beast!

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What are you going to do when I log off tonight? Are you going to make it through the night?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Cam is a beacon for how to play the freakin game. Caught their QB preventing a TD way down the field, blocked pass, etc.
    Team never quit, period. Could have easily done that but they didn't.
    Special teams did great for a change and started the comeback with a vengeance.
    Muth made up for last week, kind of, sort of.
    Harris shook off an illegal hit and came back looking for payback (I added this because he looked like he was pissed off and pushing people wanting him to leave the field)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It was nice to see the Big Ben I know in this game, he had a nice zip on his ball tonight.

Heyward is having a helluva year. A career year for sure. I'm pretty hard on him, because I know he is capable of the greatness we are witnessing. Honestly, I don't now how much has left? I'm just enjoying it while he is here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ZiviliSteelers

ZiviliSteelers Member

Oct 18, 2021
    The offense showed life
    Cam is a beast
    The team doesn't give up (probably due to Ben and Cam)
    Ben's arm is good and his accuracy was much better tonight (still a few WTF passes but overall he's still ballin)
    A depleted defense made enough plays to allow the offense to get the lead
    The season is just getting started, looking forward to the rest of the schedule

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Steelers covered the +6.5 spread and filled my pockets with some extra cash.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea they played about as bad as they could have on defense and still almost found a way to win this game, and Ben played well and gave them a chance to win. If they can get guys like Minkah, Watt and Haden back on defense and clean up a lot of the mistakes they made against the Chargers I truly believe they will beat the Bengals. This defense is not gonna play as bad as it did against the Chargers in Cincinnati. I think the Steelers will be highly motivated for this game especially with all the Tyler Boyd quitting stuff from the last game. The Steelers will want payback for that game here 2 months ago in late September.

9. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I have to say I admire Glenn's unshakeable positivity. I think of this guy every time I see a Glenn post:

[​IMG]

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    LOL there is A LOT of bickering on this post ....I appreciate the positive post. I had us getting absolutely blown out so I am happy we hung tough AND scored 37 points!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Shut up Stoopid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Admit there were a few positives Aside from Big Cam, I thought Cam Sutton played with some Heart ...Highsmith also on defense..22 coming back in the game was huge and special teams had a good game..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    One more positive - 2nd blocked punt of the year which should be their 3rd blocked kick of the year had they not gotten hosed in Lambeau.

ST have been up and down but they've produced some clutch splash plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    There were a lot of positives last night.

The Steelers fought hard. It is tough to go up against a QB as good as Herbert with that many injuries on D. It was at the point where I couldn't even name some of the players on the field last night. Considering the circumstances, I thought the team played with heart.

Ben played his best game last night.
    Najee continues to be a beast.
    Both Cam's played with intensity and will to win.
    DJ looked like a #1 receiver.
    Boswell continues to be clutch.
    Special teams made plays to keep the Steelers in the game.

A loss is a loss. But at least the Steelers went out swinging.

Hey @KnoxVegasSteel Can I please have my juice box and cookie now?

• Like Like x 2
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    A lot of over hype on Cam Heywards performance. He was invisible in the 1st half. Chasing down Sherbert was cool but I'm not going to celebrate him tackling somebody for a 40 yard gain. I'll celebrate a -5 tackle. Not to mention they ran right at him after and scored. Then the other play was huge. But once again both his plays he didn't get to the quarterback. Outside of the one play he was running around tired/lost in a big game. It reminded me of the last two playoff losses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    All good points you make. As I mentioned before I don’t see this Steelers defense playing as badly as they did last night in LA when they play the Bengals this week. With that being said, they desperately need to get Watt, Minkah and Haden back. Minkah should be recovered from Covid and should be back and hopefully Watt and Haden are close as well. Even if Watt is 80 percent and not fully healthy and think he can play this week I think he needs to give it a shot to play. This game is very important and close to being a playoff type game and the Steelers need to treat it as such and have all hands on deck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    They were double and triple teaming him all night. There wasn't a single other D lineman they had to worry about. Not one. So to say he was invisible in the first half negates the effort he put in. No lother steelers on defense were even chasing the QB he caught from behind

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d prefer an ice cream. Sprinkles too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Exactly. Plus he was getting held like crazy. The Chargers O line straight up tackled him on multiple occasions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012