1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haskins criticized for being lazy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Nov 17, 2021.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    it could still be true(probably is)if Haskins doesn’t released.

what did aditi supposedly get wrong to garner such vitriol from steeler fans?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course, just that it does prove it if he’s released.

My posts are out there detailing why I’m not fond of Aditi as a reporter. What she doing is nothing new, shock jocks have been doing this for decades and now everyone gets to be a shock jock because everyone has a microphone, thanks to social media. Nothing gets notoriety like being controversial.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In all honesty what incentive does he have to be as hard-core as Najee? He was drafted higher than Rudolph cut loose by the WFT signed a camp contract and has languished a health scratch all season. Pretty sure if he asked Tomlin or Canada if he could potentially see some playing time that the answer is realistically no. That being said attitude is reflective of opportunity. Bad attitude not given opportunity, good attitude and Tomlin runs through the wall with you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    News flash: He is lazy. So lazy that the coaches in Washington questioned whether or not he knew how to read, because he certainly didn't know how to read the playbook.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    what incentive does he have? He can work his ass off and be a professional athlete making millions or he can be yet another washed up jock bagging groceries. So he has mountains of incentive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I don’t get it either. It ain’t hard to believe that Haskins is disengaged. It’s the first time in his life he’s been nailed to the bench and not the starter-apparent. It ain’t hard to believe Ingram was disgruntled, they couldn’t trade him fast enough. No one from the team or the lapdog local media challenged either of these stories.

Adidi might be a Stiller hatin’, Browns fan airhead talking head. But I don’t see where she’s been wrong.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you really that's a possibility for him. Realistically? No one wanted him before and he has been a model teammate by all accounts. I think the dream NFL superstar boat has sailed and he can maybe salvage a career journeyman role.

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Haskins always had great talent so not putting in the work in HS and college didn't matter because he had more talent than most. That doesn't cut in the pros, that's why is barely hanging on as a 3rd string QB instead of being a star player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No one is arguing that Haskins may or may not be lazy, we are questioning the veracity of Aditis reporting which many of us find suspect.

When you can view an entire scene unfold that never happened in regards to the AB incident, I’m going to doubt her. That’s just me, other people are more trusting then I am.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t recall the specific AB incident from a few years ago, but based on Haskins’ history in the league so far I’m inclined to believe that she’s correct on this.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You don’t remember the pouting story? She apologized on air for it. I saw both the accusation and apology. She didn’t have much choice, she conjured it out of thin air. A running play to Deangelo Williams which further shows she was full of ****, why would AB be pouting in the back of the endzone about not being thrown the ball on a running play.

Whatever guys, show me who you are, I don’t trust easy after that. Also, who cares if Haskins was on his phone, many players use them for music. It’s not a big deal but she injected a narrative that she has no idea about and now Haskins gets trashed for something stupid she inferred. People even found a way to point the finger at Haskins when his fiancé assaulted him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Resorting to ad hominem attacks simply proves you can't counter my point on its merits. Thank you for the support.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you have such an issue with that particular "broad." (That was your word, not mine.)

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You and I are on the same page on this one, with the exception of sex being an issue. I honestly do not think that her being a woman has anything to do with the hate she is getting.

Steelers fans are used to local coverage, where beat writers have to tread lightly in order to stay in the good graces of the Steelers org. and the coaching staff. Aditi can speak her mind freely without having to worry about such things. She continuously points out dysfunction in the Steelers locker-room, and some take that as her "attacking" the Steelers. Some homer fans have to rush to defend the Steelers honor.

The fact of the matter is that Aditi is reporting on things that were told to her, she has seen, or heard. People can shoot the messenger if they want to. But the dysfunction within the Steelers organization and locker-room runs pretty deep IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude. I agree with You most the time , but On this it's hard.
    Let Me ask You a Question. If I made a Story up about You , and later had 2 comeback , and retract it because it was proven a lie. Would You believe everything that came out my mouth after that?
    That's exactly What She did With the AB story.

Also If I say My favorite Team 2 watch, and Cover are the Browns....Do You think I'm a Steelers fan??
    I personally Heard Her say(brown were Her favorite team 2 cover)that On NFL Network. I have also Heard Her colleagues at the same show referrer 2 Her as a Browns fan .
    So I should believe that's She's not a browns fan???
    I'm not saying everything she reports is not true...Im saying She likes 2 color it Her way...With Her interpretation, and Her agenda. That's all.:shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think this is a thing because it fuels a narrative that Tomlin's subordinates don't feel as good about Haskins as Tomlin does and thus lends credence to her asking questions about moving on potentially from his Steelers job.

In order for it not to be a Steelers specific thing she had better have tweeted about Mayfield's struggles and the coaches thinking potentially about moving on from him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.

18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Glad someone mentioned that most players have headphones on during pregame and change songs - you guessed it - using their phones lol.

I've also seen players dancing to the stadium music played during pregame warmups lol.

If she had just talked about his bad passes, and coaches not being happy about it, then I would have believed the story. Or, if they were discussing how his footwork still hasn't improved and its causing the same issues as when he first signed in Pittsburgh.

However, it looks like she just tried to make it more dramatic by pile more stuff on an easy target.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    and he will still make millions doing so. The minimum vet salary is 650k a year. Do that for 10 years or bag groceries? Hmmmm might have to think about that one for a while.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    " Broad" ,I said " Dingbat ", my word not yours...So what, Dingbat, Broad, Chick, Sammich Maker...Dude, Bro, Meathead...Who cares

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    What a surprise...

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    You, me and even the most disgruntled member on this board would take the league minimum and all the health issues that go with it to come out that tunnel and stand on the sideline for the Steelers.

Sadly being top dog at thee Ohio State and competing for a national championship has caused more than a few players to have over inflated sense of self worth.

23. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    And that speculation of yours has absolutely nothing to do with Haskins having incentive

24. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    in Haskins' defense, he did need to check his messages to see what time he was supposed to meet the stripper after the game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope but then again so does your entire response as well. You are speculating that a.) He has money remaining from. Washington B.) That he is motivated to make millions more C.) That any of the NFL teams who passed on him at the waiver wire and again in FA would be willing to pay him millions just to be a role player and finally D.) That he has a choice to make millions rather than working at 7-11 handing out scratches.

Should we move on?