1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin owns every bit of this lousy performance.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Get some new material, I guess the Super Bowl champion Buccaneers played down to the competition too, they lost to a 2 win Washington today. Dallas lost to Denver, Jacksonville beat Buffalo, Baltimore lost to Miami all playing down to the competition :facepalm:. If it makes you feel better you can blame Tomlin all you want, I don't give a crap :shrug:.

2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Coaches always own part of a lousy performance. I think injuries played a big role in this as well though.

Coaches also own part of a great performance even though the asshats in Pittsburgh would never give him that.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Yes but the ball is always marked where the players starts going backwards, it doesn't matter when the whistle blew.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not to make any excuses, but we start 4 rookies on offense
    and our WR's have not much experience. Plus our Back up QB is what he is.
    I am not a MT supporter, just stating the obvious. Folks, I hate to tell you this but
    this team was never going to the Superbowl, we can hope they compete for a playoff slot
    that too would be over achieving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    8-1 Arizona looked unprepared for the 4-5 Panthers today
    5-3 Chargers are losing to the 3-5 Vikings...unprepared
    7-2 Packers are only up 3 on the 3-5 Seahawks...****ing losers
    3-6 Washington beat the 6-3 Bucs...Brady on a bender last night I guess
    3-7 Dolphons kicked the 6-3 Ravens ass....fire the Ravens coaches now
    6-2 Cowboys got their ass kicked by the BUngles last week....season over
    3-6 Giants handed the Raiders their 3rd loss....fire the backup coach
    2-6 Jags beat the 5-3 Bills with 9 points...Bills suck, steelers beat them

**** it that was just 2 weeks, Steelers are the only team in the history of the NFL that constantly plays down to bad teams, you're right. The next coach of the Steelers would never let that happen

/s

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The Steelers were playing for first place today. The opening drive looked they had really bought into that idea. After that it looked like they couldn't have cared less. MT showed no emotion at all what so ever yet again throughout the entire game. Maybe this team is just taking on the identity of their HC.

I know this team is hampered by injuries right now but the players just seemed to go through the motions outside of Cam, TJ, DW, Harris, Pierre, Boswell and dare I say Edmunds.

Tomlin is the same as Marvin Lewis but with a lot more talent year in and year out.

7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    When Cam says something it matters. There have been suggestions about lazy practices for years.

Unprepared and/or poorly coached teams commit more penalties and turn the ball over more frequently.

It took them 50 minutes to adjust to the run game being shoved down their throat. 50 minutes.

It's on everyone, obviously, coaches and players, and some are more to blame than others, but it starts with the guy in charge.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Cowboys don't even play the Bengals this year. What are you talking about?

The Gong Show – Official Trailer - YouTube

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Who cares about emotion from the HC? You ever watch a Hall of Fame HC Tom Landry, he wasn't a screamer, Tony Dungy too he was always calm during the game.

10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Both those coaches you mentioned mainly had their teams prepared come game day. Neither one ties the 0-8 Lions.

11. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I think people are looking at patterns and trends with Tomlin. Sure, in this league there are always surprise games but what fellow posters are saying is that Tomlin has more of these than other coaches

12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    show me. As with the misconceptions on challenges I’m willing to bet it’s not as bad as you think.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They take bad teams for granted, how many times do fans have to see this before it sinks in. The players being overconfident comes from the top and filters down.

The players absolutely share the blame today but damn, it’s the same old song and dance over and over. Schoberts quote convinces me this starts with coaching.

And Rudolph is who we thought he was. I don’t want to hear about game plans, two throws that any NFL QB should make cost them the game. One early to Muth, it’s arguable that he makes it into the endzone with a good throw but I think he could have turned up field and dove it, taking a shot to the back. The other was Ray Ray, no excuse and a guaranteed TD, no debate there.

See @S.T.D , I’m equally tough on QB’s, doesn’t matter who’s name is on the Jersey ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not sure that after the Bears on Monday night any Steeler fan can say anything about having to beat the refs for the rest of this year.

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure they had their starting QB, not that scrub like Mason who missed too many easy throws.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I can’t show you. But I can say that maybe I hold the coach of the Steelers to a higher standard than you do. Time after time it just doesn’t seem the team is prepared.
    Tell Uncle Mike I said hello

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Teams don't practice tackling anymore during the week.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    That's kinda how cherry picking works when you focus on a part rather than the sum of something. Not quite sure how your weird brain works, but clearly not well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I’ve never come on here and bashed the coaching. Always said we could do a lot worse. I also know we had a lot a guys out today. That said, we played the Lions, and looked like complete ass today. The coaches didn’t have our team ready for the Lions. The Lions.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Well I guess it's not just the Steelers players throwing their team under the bus :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Unprepared, poorly coached players make sloppy turnovers.

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You mean like Cowher losing to the Texans when they only had like 40 yards of offense, and Maddox was a turnover machine :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Either your reading comprehension is suffering or you don’t understand the meaning of cherry picking. My point was Tomlin’s post season record the past 10 years is abysmal . Its not just tying an 0-8 team . Btw we should have lost if they didn’t miss an extra point. The week after the officials gave us a win to the terrible Bears .

24. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Yes. Why are you bringing Cowher into this?

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because this happens to every HC

• Winner Winner x 2