1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph = poor man's Derek Anderson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 14, 2021.

1. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    He had to beat the Lions and he did not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I watched the Steelers throw the ball 50 times, in the fairly heavy rain, against a team with the worst run defense in the NFL.

I also saw the Steelers defence give up almost 250 rushing yards because the Lions brought in an extra lineman as a TE. I don't think playaction pass was a real threat either because of Goffs injury and even if it was, Goff throws lots of INTs.

There was also the extremely poor special teams coverage and tackling.

MR was not good but I think the weather and lack of reps with the 1s played a part in that. Everything else in the game was just mind boggling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pedestrian game manager. Woodley, Campbell, Graham... Seen a lot like him over the years. He will get.you a win once in a while but that is it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So I am seeing people blame the circumstances on limited practices. Being thrown in at last minute.

however these are the same people saying during game day when Ben is playing not so good to bench him and bring the same Mason in that didn’t have as much practice and being thrown in at last minute.

End result. Ben is better 80% broken then Mason is 100% healthy

Ben would have pulled out a win for us today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The most egregious throw was the low ball to Ray Ray for what would have been a TD. The interception was a head scratcher, I have no idea what he was looking at there. The missed hook up with DJ late in regulation (I think) was 20% on Johnson, 80% on MR for throwing it too damn hard, especially as someone pointed out in the GDT, too hard for conditions. He bailed out Green three out of four times on high snaps. It would have taken Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to get the 4th one. He wasn't great or even average. That aside, he did make enough plays for them to win. The two OT fumbles killed both of those drives.

So, future starting QB for the Steelers? Uh, I don't really see it. As someone else alluded to, he seems to get too amped up at times. Although, he actually appears to be a better athlete than I initially thought. I think his arm strength is about the average needed for an NFL starter. I feel he has some accuracy issues and tends to get happy feet even when he's getting pretty good protection.

7. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    High school quarterbacks make routine slant passes about a million times a week and mason can’t do that even. I would send him packing with Big Ben at seasons end. I never thought I would be happy to have big ben back. That was a sh t show today on offense at qb.

8. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Isn't it usually starter gets 85% of the reps in practice with first team? But not sure how that works with Ben taking at least 1 day of practice off every week.

9. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Rudolph is a backup at best anywhere but this forum.

10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Rudolph sucked. Matt Canada sucked.

Ball security sucked.

Why must every snap be in shotgun?

Run defense sucked.

11. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I was sitting opposite end zone seats. My buddy goes Ray Ray is wide open no one is covering him. Let him run a flat and easy TD. And we watched it live and we’re like wtf.

That and the missed throw to Johnson which looked like he could have taken to the house we’re just hard to swallow.

the pick was laughable. The lions fan next to me said “well I guess we’ll take that if you’re gonna give it to us”

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Landry jones 86 career rating

Mason Rudolph 81 career rating

Mason 71 rating vs a really bad pass defense, nothing else needs to be said lol