1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin owns every bit of this lousy performance.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I can see it now. The Steelers go 8-8-1 and the sycophants crow even more about how Tomlin still hasn't had a losing record.

This performance was P A T H E T I C!!! And the blame falls squarely on coaching. This game should have been over by halftime. We suddenly can't tackle. The defense resembles the Keystone Kops. And our offense? FFS!

Mason Rudolph sucks out loud. Just admit it. I never want to see him in uniform again much less on the field. Oh, he's the young buck. We can vertical with him, right? Nope!

Which brings me to my next gripe. How the hell does Derp Canada still have a job? Hell, how did he even get it in the first place?! Most insipid, uninspired, ineffective offense I've ever seen.

But in the end, it all comes down to the head coach. He's the one putting everyone else in their positions. He's the one who should be in charge of our offensive and defensive philosophy. Of preparing our team. I'm not listening to excuses. It's not a loss, but fire everyone.

The saying goes that a loss is like kissing your sister. This one was like kissing your fat, ugly Aunt with halitosis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

There’s a little thing called a challenge flag, they could have used it. They’d have wasted a timeout, but some people might feel better

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    At least be fair and just judge the coach on wins and losses. Let them own all if it. Especially if they have been running the team for a long period of time. Flukes happen. Some coaches can say they inherited a mess. Sloppy play, turnovers, penalties, lack of scoring, cant stop the run, etc . Its all on the coaches. The buck stops with coach Tomlin. Its not a fluke. We lose to the worst teams and we have done this for Tomlin’s entire career.

it should not have even come down to this but since it did who’s calling that last play? If the fumble doesn’t happen do we have time to spike it and kick the FG? I don’t think so. That fumble probably saved Tomlin alot of embarrassment.

5. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Some of you "fans" are insane. This team would have won easily minus the ridiculous calls and fumbles.

They found out the starting QB wasn't eligible the night before the game, and were are already down their 2 top WRs. Then you lose both guards and your best defensive player.

Still the team kept battling, and if not for 2 critical fumbles, would have pulled it out anyway. They made great adjustments stopping the run later in the game. Rudolph's inconsistency isn't on the coaches.

Overall, this was a valiant effort against a desperate team, with a severely depleted roster. Not on Tomlin in the least.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not sure that's challengeable. I would have like to see him be a bit emotional about it though. I already miss Gruden. At least he showed emotion before being canned for hardly any reason.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You don’t win many games turning the ball over 3 times. Doesn’t matter who is playing qb.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Yes, this was an epic triumph by the Steelers. Huzzah!

9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20211114-171027.png

But but but..." Never had a losing season crowd " Tomlins cream puff camp..." They like me,we have FUN, work on dance routines, I never yell at them, And I talk tough "...

LMAO...I predicted a Loss, should have been a loss...I SO can't wait until this over-rated Clown is gone!

Again...We will never win again as long as Popcorn and his summer camp is here!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Cue up the MTAS. Anyone defending this ass clown Tomlin has to be a bonafide imbecile.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    surely you can challenge the spot of the ball.

12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    At least be fair and just judge the coach on wins and losses. Let them own all if it. Especially if they have been running the team for a long period of time. Flukes happen. Some coaches can say they inherited a mess. Sloppy play, turnovers, penalties, lack of scoring, cant stop the run, etc . Its all on the coaches. The buck stops with coach Tomlin. Its not a fluke. We lose to the worst teams and we have done this for Tomlin’s entire career.

it should not have even come down to this but since it did who’s calling that last play? If the fumble doesn’t happen do we have time to spike it and kick the FG? I don’t think so. That fumble probably saved Tomlin alot of embarrassment.

And one last question… how many post season wins do the Steelers have over the last 10 years? I ask because ultimately that is what all NFL coaches are judged by. You can’t count the Bengals post season debacle btw.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 9
  15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Exactly right. Add to that Rudolph missing some easy pitch and catches for huge plays, including one TD to a wide open McCloud. This game came down to execution by players, plain and simple. Not to mention missed tackles, bad snaps, and poor kick coverage. Total team loss

16. Steel the Win on Sunday

Jan 7, 2016
    Says the guy criticizing the 2nd winningest coach in Steelers history. Watch football much? Guess you don't understand how hard it is to win in the NFL. See the Browns today for example.

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey guys.

The coach has no effect on how a team plays! He's not to blame when they lose at all!

Then why do we pay them so much? :rolleyes:

(Edit: I hate posting from a phone. So many times autocorrect changes what I want to type into the wrong word. Grammar matters)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel the Win on Sunday

Jan 7, 2016
    Considering they lost the turnover battle, and had to beat the refs too with a depleted roster, I consider a tie a valiant effort despite the opponent. Not ideal but they didn't quit.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Young team feeling a bit too confident?! Again, comes with the territory of getting younger in the NFL for all teams. That said, the fact that some players still have not done so is concerning to say the least. In addition, there is only so much Tomlin can honestly preach about it; Butler included.

Some accountability from the players will have to be needed at some point if this is the case. What is more worrying about this tweet though is that Joe Schobert said this twice within the same week. This also could potentially indicate that this incident is not isolated and has been done before in games past when they have won. At any point and, regardless, disappointing but also discouraging to say the least.

Wonder if this is going to continue on as the season does.

20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Zero

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tomlin does deserve blame in the prep work. Of that, me and you can both agree on. However, let us not leave out the players who were and have not been performing up to par this season.

Accountability is a two way street in the NFL. Cannot be a one way autobahn. Players have to be held accountable as well. Who those players are though remain a mystery.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Schobert said it perfectly and this is all on the HC!

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Keep apologizing for your boy and embracing mediocrity. What kind of tired ass excuse do you have for his squad playing down to the crappiest team in the league? This is your boy's trademark - losing to teams he should blow out by 30. Yeah, he tied but it might as well be loss to a team who hasn't won a game since December 2020.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    It'll be the same Bull**** come the press Conference...All scowling grrrrrrrrrr, with big words and tough talk ( that's all it is is talk, it's all it's EVER been )

But behind the scenes...dance moves and good time Charley's, playing patty cakes, and you know, HAVE FUN! THAT'S what's most important!

Just so I'm cool and they like me

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Yep.

Part of being a professional in the NFL is not just the mere aspect of going through the motions within practice. The harder and smarter a player can practice, the better they play. Players like T.J. Watt and Cameron Heyward are prime examples.

The most important aspect though is not just the consistency within those practices but also the evolution of that player as a whole. Whatever worked in a game or even a couple games will not work the next outing. Have to continually improve.