1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BEN OUT COVID

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jrompola, Nov 13, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How dare they involve Me in this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry about your mother 86ward but lets not derail this with more anti vax and politics stuff. You and Bigbunch can talk about it in private messages.

Goes for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm sorry 2 Hear that. My condolences. Truly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Yeah this might be true for a good opponent. I see no reason to bust out the tricks for Detroit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not saying You, or pointing 2 anyone specifically. I'm saying I know a lot of people in the World, and I'm sure You do also....that would root for anything just 2 say they were correct about something. You know this is true.
    Again this wasn't pointed at anyone...it was a generalization.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I had covid also, and im not getting vaccinated either.. srry ro hear abt your mother passing.. my exwife, my sons mother just passed from covid lst month...

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Basing your health decisions on anecdotal evidence is a terrible idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry 2 Hear that . Must really be Hard on Your Son. My condolences 2 Your family.

10. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    We're Americans. Conspiracy theories is in our blood.

• Like Like x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with you to some extent. I wish Mason was getting first team reps all week long, but as some others have said in the past should always prep through the week as if they were the starter. Every QB2 in the league is snap away from getting in the game. I wish Mason well and believe he is capable of winning this game. I just wish he had the full set of skilled players around him today.

12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'll say one thing, Ben being out certainly increases my interest level in this game.

Not that I'm not interested in any game, but you get what I mean. A mid-season matchup against the hap-challenged Lions generates no extra excitement or anticipation. With Ben out and a chance to MR my interest goes up considerably, even though I think he's nothing more than a marginal backup, I still want to see how he does.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Thank you,

• Like Like x 1
  14. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you are wrong on this. I'm sure the first series or two will be just getting him comfortable, but I hope they let him play to his strengths. If the line holds up, I do think Canada's play calling could play to Mason's strength more than Ben's. Regardless, if Mason connects on a few longer throws where Ben hasn't with consistency the game will change completely.

15. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    As can people who previously had it.

Neither vaccine nor "natural immunity" are 100% effective.
    That's why a bunch of strategies are suggested (vaccines, masks, social distancing, healthy diets, etc.) to make the odds as favorable as possible, rather than doing nothing or only one thing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. LambertsDentist

Aug 13, 2014
    Which is what the Lions are expecting also. Everyone is expecting Harris to get the ball on the first play. I'd like to see Rudolph go deep that first play. It would be totally unexpected and the defense can be caught flat-footed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly think this game isn’t gonna give us a better look at our QB’s but more of a tell of what kind of line we have. This will show us how much of a decline Ben has had this season or has it been the line that has made him play down.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    I’ve had GameDay on for about an hour now and have not seen one mention of Ben out, but when Rogers had covid that is all I seen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    ESPN Sunday Countdown has talked about it .
    NFL network really doesn't like the Steelers. LoL.
    Put it this Way they are the first 2 say bad stuff, or negative stuff about them...other than about Mike T....Him they worship.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Guys, can’t say this anymore clearly, I’m just deleting political stuff, don’t care who posts it. So don’t bother.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  21. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

I need to turn the channel…lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

Best thing I have seen you post

• Like Like x 1
  23. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im wondering who else was exposed to Ben or who ever gave it to Ben. Mason wasn’t in the same meetings ? You don’t usually hear about 1 person testing positive. It’s usually multiple people and will spread to others quickly.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We have seen an uptick in positive cases in my town because of the interaction of school age children. Small town with one elementary school one middle school and one high school so there is a lot of potential there. My kids got their flu shot on Friday so hopefully we don't have that hanging our heads. I'd be willing to bet Ben came in contact through his kids. Easiest way to get it I think.

25. LambertsDentist

Aug 13, 2014
    Damn but it was hard for me to stay out of it! Man, I really wanted to reply to a few of the political posts. It would be cool if TSF had a politics forum.