1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers last 3 home games…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 9, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Against the Broncos, Seahawks, and Bears they have blown a 24-6 lead in the 3rd and 4th quarter to the Broncos, a 17-7 lead to the Seahawks in the 3rd quarter, and a 20-6 lead to the Bears to start the 4th quarter. Now to the Steelers credit in each of these games they have stood up and found a way to win each game late but you can’t keep blowing leads that are this big when the game is close to being over. This is another game this Sunday with the Lions that could be the exact same thing. The Lions have been in a lot of games against good teams late such as the Ravens and Rams.

So until this Steelers team can figure out how to close games out and win them I am not taking any type of big lead for granted in the 3rd and 4th quarter of these games. The Steelers have to start finishing these games better because if they keep doing this all of the time at some point they are not gonna get lucky and find a way to win and it’s gonna cost them big time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our defense sucks when teams actually try

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You mean those three games that we won?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    O can't finish teams, D gets worn down.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    so - Edmunds just FLAT OUT BLOWS. anyone w football brains knows that. They have to cover for him all game long. He is the achilles heel, for sure. Bush is invisible, almost every game. Not sure he makes it long term here. Schobert is smart but only marginally talents. and they miss Tuitt terribly, could be more stout for sure by Thanksgiving if he can get over whatever is the problem and put some pads on again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Adjustments made by the coaching staff may be part of the problem. It seems we win the 1st half, they win the second. Fields seemed to get better as the game wore on as well. WR's running all over open and their DL blew out our OL for the most part including pass protection. Got to get some things fixed.

I DONT WANT TO BE THE DETROIT LIONS 1ST/ ONLY WIN OF THIS YEAR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Halftime adjustments are an overrated concept, I posted an article in another thread a couple weeks ago. They make adjustments all game, they only have a few minutes in the locker room at halftime, players are getting treatment, hydrating, eating, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Tuitt won't be back this year. If he was going to play this year... he would have already been back to Steelers facility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    How did they blow a 24-6 lead against the Broncos if the Broncos never scored 24 points in the game? Did the Broncos score points near the end of the game try and come back? Yes, however we see teams do that every week. We do it. We have 4 game winning drives this year. It is not some special circumstance.

The Bears game is the most egregious. 21 points is a total you can expect your defense to give up any given team still win. The Bears offense scored 2 TDs in the 4th alone and another on a fumble return.

Giving up those points to the Broncos and Seahawks was not good (especially to Geno Smith) but neither of those scores were excessive totals (19 and 20 points, respectively). I blame the offense and it's unwillingness to go for the splash plays their coach is always talking about to at least flip the field if not score points to kill the clock and put the game out of reach.

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Believe it or not the NFL is the most balanced league in all sports. Nearly every game is won or lost on just a few plays that could go either way. There are way more close games than there are blowouts. Sure it would be nice not to have to watch our team play in nail biting games and it would certainly do wonders for most of our health but with the parity in the NFL you should just get used to games being very close during the 60 minutes of competition. Also, refs have a way of controlling most games with that little yellow hanky.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So by this any team that only scores 29 points...they all lost???
    That's funny....because 8 teams won this week that by You , and Your logic should have lost.
    Amazing...LoL
    Could it be You are just saying stuff that has no fact???

12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    What are you babbling about now?

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But splash plays don't kill the clock . Quick strikes only make the Defenders play more. Do You not remember even Troy P complained about that.

14. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Honestly I could have stopped watching the Steelers(and the NFL in general) a long time ago. Due to personal opinions, on the league, the refs, and viewpoints. However since being fan of this team since I was 13. I’m never going to not buy merch and not support them in enemy territory. This team is weird, they like to make you damn near have a stroke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This right here is what I like to see, my favorite kind of thread, a post-win complaint thread. Of course, the team has to win in order for this entertainment to be had.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    We had a 24-6 lead and the game ended 27-19 with an INT in the EZ. Every Steeler win has been by 1 score, every loss by 2 scores. The Steelers aren't just giving up cosmetic points in garbage time, they're hanging on for dear life, against guys like Bridgewater, Geno Smith, and Justin Fields.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh no we suck

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am curious if any of the above posters ever played organized football? Now ask yourself
    what could I do against the best players in the world. The other team gets paid also. Yes we all get frustrated
    and want the Steelers in Superbowl every year. But most times it is a fine line between winning and losing.. myself I have been lucky to
    have watched a mostly winning team for the past 50 years. There aren't too many people in this world that can say that.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s 3 games now it’s happened so that is a trend now more then an anomaly. Not expecting the D to be absolutely perfect each game. I understand plays will get made and things happen but you can’t continuously blow double digit leads every game. At some point you aren’t gonna hold on and win every one of those games and keep doing it on a week to week basis.

20. BowToTroy43

Apr 10, 2018
    They help seal the game. Diontae Johnson 58 yard slant. The Dolphins just iced the Ravens with a touchdown drive, helped by a huge splash play. Playing conservative and going three and out makes the defenders play more, too.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Those are all in the last minutes of the games. I thought We were talking about the Whole game. If Not ...I stand corrected.

22. BowToTroy43

Apr 10, 2018
    It helps to take shots at will (max protect plays designed to go deep) throughout the game if for no other reason than it backs defenders out of the box; thinning things out for the running game and to give space to your underneath passing game. We were second in the league in 3 and outs last year and big part of that is that the short plays we called could not overcome negative plays and penalties.

23. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    They have looked good twice this year Buffalo and Cleveland that’s about it.

24. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    At some point it’ll go the other way too. They’ll get a turnover and offense will use up the clock.

• Like Like x 1