1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Find 4 more wins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Since that other thread, the Steeles have won 4 out of 5. Lets keep the luck going. figure they will need to get to at least 9 wins to get a seat at the table.

Find the wins.

Detroit
    @Chargers
    @Bengals
    Ravens
    @Vikings
    Titans
    @Chiefs
    Browns
    @Ravens

Detroit. That’s all I got :lolol:

Kidding, the line is playing better, Najee and Muth are making an impact, defense is playing very good, that leaves my lone worry, Ben. If they can keep these games close and allow Ben to continue operating as a game manager, I think you can add the Vikings and Bengals, I think they win that rematch with the gals. Sadly I think the Ravens will sweep us. Titans with no Henry is possible, maybe. Chargers are out west, forget it and Chiefs are the Chiefs, don’t care how they are playing right now.

I think at best they only win 3 more games going 3-6 over these last 9 games.

Detroit
    Bengals
    Vikings

They need to split one of those Ravens games. Hope they can.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    1-8 from what I've seen that is possible but I'm sure the Steelers won't lose 8 straight.

Great picks, Najee and my new favorite Steeler Muth but I worry the kids don't have a QB. As I said before would love seeing a prime Ben with those guys.

I think we need 10 wins. Lions, Chargers, Vikings, Browns and Ravens to close out season. That would be great but I'm seriously worried 2-7 could happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still want a top 10 draft so come on 0-9!:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This season for me is a lot like the season Ben was out. No expectations and if we don’t do well, the silver lining is a good draft pick.

Stress free, I kind of like it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Detroit
    Bengals
    Vikings
    Titans
    Browns
    Ravens

We have already played every game bad, I can only see improvements happening. We will eventually have those few breakout games where we will wonder where it came from.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If I had to pick 4, Lions, Bengals, Titans, and @Ravens as they rest Lamar and others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Not for me, feels like a wasted year if we don't burn some Rudolph reps, plus all the money wasted on next year's cap because they thought they could push this clunker over the hill.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Depending on which team shows up I could see them winning any of those games. They could also lose any of them just as easily.

Do not take the Lions lightly, get the win and build on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Add the Vikings to the list.

10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Don't like that matchup, their O is loaded with weapons.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They choke often though, their defense isn't good either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I would put Money we split with the ravens. 5 more wins, and 4 more losses. I'm not picking which ones I can't, but that's what it will be.
    Doesn't matter. People will say how we suck, Mike T sucks, and Ben Sucks anyway. Even after we Go 10- 7. Even if We win a playoff game. Then it will be We suck because We didn't win 2 playoff games, and so on, and So on. LoL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats another game they have to get pressure on the QB, more so than any other team left on the schedule. Cousins is among the top QBs with a clean pocket and among the worst when pressured.

If they let him sit back there he will pick them apart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers secondary could struggle against Thielen, and Jefferson if there's no pass rush.

15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'll be ecstatic if we win 10 + a playoff game and call Mike Tomlin the deserving coach of the year, hands down.

I'll also be excited at the prospect of Mason continuing his success into 2022!

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I picked 10-7 before the season, and I’m thinking that prediction looks pretty good right now. If we get to 10-7 and play competitively in a playoff game (win or lose), I will see it as a better-than-expected season given the way that the offensive line and Ben started out, and the injuries we’ve suffered on both sides of the ball. Anything better is gravy IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who knows at this point. I do like the future though.

Lets win against Detroit first. Lose that game and there will be jumpers off the Fort Pitt bridge.

The crows are overrated so I can see a split with them.

Titans without Henry should be a win. Got Peterson out of mothballs.

Clowns. Win. Sweep.

KC I can see as a win. Mahomes is struggling and their defense is putrid.

5 more wins will give them 10. I feel that's what it is going to take to secure a playoff spot.

I predicted 9-8. Hope they can squeeze one more out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Detroit------------W
    Bengals----------Coinflip, W
    Vikings-----------Coinflip, L
    Titans-------------Coinflip, W
    Browns-----------Coinflip, L
    Ravens X2------OVERRATED, W & W

As I write this out, lollipops are falling from the sky!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Can't do that. There is no way I can ever, ever wish to be lower in the division than the Stains. Ever. I don't care what draft implications are, never. Therefore, I not only stress out when we play, but rooting for whoever is against Cleveland (except the Girls). Eutopia is we having guaranteed a better record than they have and playoff bound, they are guaranteed last in the division and looking for another coach.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We can win them all, or lose them all. Who the hell knows with this team? Only thing for me is- can we win over a winless team at home? Stats say hell yes, my eyes tells me, not so sure and stock up on beverages because this game could cause damage in my cave. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They should be able to get four wins from that slate but I dont fully trust this offence week to week to beat anybody.

Ben now seemingly is beat up again and I am wondering if we are heading in to a December where the Steelers fade away as the offence can’t move the ball and the defence wears down from the workload

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, I don’t wish for it, I root for them just as hard, just doesn’t bother me as much knowing they may land a QB out of it.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Detroit
    Ravens
    @Vikings
    Titans
    @Chiefs
    Browns

Ok so....I know this is REALLY optimistic. We beat the Ravens IF they play like they did last night. The Chiefs are beatable for sure although I wish it was in Pittsburgh. I am going to the Steelers/Titans game so that is really the only reason I chose that game :)

24. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    That Vikings game has me nervous.
    Thursday night games on a short week are especially tough playing on the road.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    4-5 more wins, one and done playoffs, middle of the pack draft and Ben coming back next year. Rinse and repeat

-Tomlins legacy-

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1