1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st place on the line now Sunday…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 11, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Thank you Miami for taking it to the Ravens tonight. Baltimore was due to have a stinker of a game like this where they fall behind and don’t come back and win. You can’t make a living off doing this every week like the Ravens have been doing it seems like all season. But the Steelers after a 1-3 start and looking like they were dead in the water have a chance to be in 1st place on Sunday with 8 games remaining if they can beat the only team in the NFL that has yet to win a game at Heinz Field on Sunday.

• Like Like x 5
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If Ben goes an entire week without taking a single snap in practice; and then demands to play on Sunday the Steelers will be the laughing stock of the league getting beat by the winless Lions!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The only thing that worries me is how games like this, where we can help ourselves out, we usually drop those kind of games. Hoping that’s in the past.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    This was a gigantic choke by the Ravens. Come on Steelers beat the Lions and jump into first place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

Sometimes maybe recovery is better then practicing. I mean Lamar just practiced all week long and just got humiliated by a 2 win team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

Game is 3 days away and your already saying if we lose it’s Ben’s fault…that’s pretty pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Jackson got out played by Tua who was forced to enter the game and play with a broken finger.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Baltimore finally run out of luck. They have been absolutely blessed to win some of those games against the Lions and Colts for example and should have been 5-3 going in to last night at best, if not 4-4.

I don’t think there is a standout team in the AFC North right now. There is no final standing that would shock me in any way. It’s all about who gets their game together down the stretch and wins the division games in particular.

The Steelers offence is a worry but was Baltimore’s any better last night? They are a very beatable team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Now he’s demanding to play? Where do you get this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I really hope that MT doesn't play down to the competition this week because they will lose to the Lions if he doesn't have the team prepared well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Every team lays a stinker and we have seen this with the Steelers against a true bottom feeder.

I do feel that the crows are overrated as well as their QB. Thank you Miami.

Have to just take care of business and then the schedule gets a little dicey.

Looks like we will be on the edge of our seats till the last game which hopefully grants them a playoff birth.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Every week Ben and receivers are mis-communicating, and his timing looks off with other receivers. Now there's a chance Miller, who he probably has never thrown to, is playing this week.

As soon as he gets hit Sunday he'll be sore again.

13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Crazy division - Steelers will be anywhere from 1st to last after Sunday.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Looking at all 4 teams remaining schedules I'd give a very slight edge to the Bengals but as we all have learned yet again, any given Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Ben will be ready to deliver and their is no chance the Steelers drop this game at home. If on the road could be a different story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh no we suck

17. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks to the Fins for stomping Lamar and Co. last night. It was a delight to watch their defense shut down the Ravens offense. Just what was needed to give the Steelers a shot to jump into first place. Now the Steelers better capitalize on the situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lions are very dangerous they have nothing to lose

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree with this. While I don’t think this game will be a slam dunk blow out win I just don’t see how the Steelers lose this game. This Lions offense is pretty bad and I just don’t see how Jared Goff who turns the ball over a lot and can’t move around and gets sacked a lot doing much for the Lions. It’s a great matchup for the Steelers defense for sure. The Lions defense isn’t very good either in particular their pass defense. They have given up the most yards per pass of any team in the NFL and don’t get much pressure on the QB. So Ben should have another decent game and should be able to make some plays in the passing game. Get up early in this game like they have done the last few home games and make the Lions play catch up.

Hopefully this is the game if the Steelers can get up by 14 points that they are able to finally put this team away and not let this game be close in the 4th quarter. I just don’t see anyway the Steelers lose this game unless they absolutely implode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No I am saying Mason is our best chance to Win with Ben sitting out to heal.

I am on the edge of my seat today for the news to break that Mason is starting on Sunday!!!

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You can’t possibly know how serious Ben’s injury is. Typical internet coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020

24. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I thought the Lions would beat the Eagles. They had had a couple of close losses, were at home, and the Eagles were sputtering. The Eagles beat them 44-6. You mean they can't lose the game? That's something to lose. Are they going to throw the kitchen sink at us? I hope Heyward and TJ can jump out of the way before it lands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011

You must be related to Mason is all I can think. Mason is horrible, especially under pressure, and that was even with a decent line, I would hate to see him with the line we have now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1