1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the bears escape

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Nov 8, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Dan Moore and Kendrick Green took a major step back

2. As bad as Moore and Green were, Chuks may have had his best game as a pro

3. Thank God Khalil Mack didn't play this game

4. Add Ray Ray to the list of wr's that won't be here next year

5. What happened to the middle of our deep defense

6. The play calling was terrible

7. Muth was money

8. That last Steelers drive was vintage Ben

9. Bos is still Money!!!

10. Nice to see some bad officiating go in our favor for a change

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Mack may have killed Ben tonight. He was Drew Bledsoe in the pocket tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our defense sucks

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Ray Ray = all risk and no return
    Tuitt needs to get his @ss back to this Team immediately
    Canada needs to call plays to finish an opponent - side note I love Ben but sometimes he is too smart for his own good
    Harris and Muth were great draft picks - Bush and Edmunds are busts IMO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Monday night game, at home, prime time, play n Da Bears and we barely escape with a W? I wouldn’t even do a post game presser.just go home.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This team again demonstrates that it is capable of losing to anyone at any place and at any time. That is why I feel better playing good teams vs sub .500 ones since I prefer to play up to the competition instead of the other way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Hated Ben spiking the ball there with 40 seconds. Just run the clock down there and kick the FG. I know he was trying to draw them offsides but by doing so the clocked stopped and it allowed the Bears a chance to win the game on a miracle FG at the end. Tomlin and Ben have to be more clock aware in those kinds of situations and stupid things like that just cannot happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. ZiviliSteelers

ZiviliSteelers Member

Oct 18, 2021
    He spiked it to catch the Bears with too many on the field because he saw a guy running off. In the end, the guy running off was the 11th player and not the 12th. So, either that guy is so smart that he knew Ben would spike it and stop the clock for them or he can't count to 11. :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So if it was the 11th man running off the field ...were they just playing with 10....that's the part I'm not getting :shrug:

10. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Especially on second and long.

3 times tonight the Steelers were 2nd and 15+ and decided to run the ball, never gaining more than 4 yards:

2nd & 15 at PIT 48 (5:27 - 1st) N.Harris up the middle to 50 for 2 yards

2nd & 18 at PIT 9 (10:42 - 2nd) N.Harris left tackle to PIT 13 for 4 yards

2nd & 19 at CHI 40 (8:53 - 4th) B.Snell up the middle to CHI 39 for 1 yard

All of these were straight handoffs with Ben under center. Little to no deception or creativity.

A combined 52 yards to get a first down and we gained 6. This is not the first time I have seen us running for little gain on 2nd and 8+ this season.

If they want to get the ball into Najee's hands so badly in this situation then call a rb screen or at least a draw. Situational playcalling MUST improve and the second and long run needs to be thrown in the garbage, especially while we average less than 3 yards per attempt.

11. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Dan Moore makes everyone look like Myles Garrett. I hope he is benched when Banner is ready.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    oh that pattern extends way beyond tonight

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I think you have to mention all the 3rd and 1 dives in the middle of an offensive line particularly Green who was getting abused. This is why I said no way in hell Ben is back next year. The Bears had like 9 guys in the box and they still ran up the middle each time. They don’t even trust him to make a 2 yard play action because he can’t move.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Another observation would be how bad is it to be a Steelers WR. You literally run Jet sweeps and 1 yard patterns all game and get absolutely crushed on 90% of them. Just ask JuJu

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, #5. What happened?

Boz not just money, he won this game.

I`m angry, but not as angry if we had lost.

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Would throw this observation in this thread:

I`ll give the Bears credit. They fought like hell. I think they tried harder than we did to win, but they are not very good. Effort level counts.

Not saying we were lackadaisical. Just seemed they wanted it more.

17. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I was surrounded by sharks tonight. All Ravens fans and one Patriots fan. The Browns fan took the night off. But still what an ugly W. However it showed us that the Steelers got heart. The Bears man they played hard. That team is going to be very dangerous in their division in the next few years.

18. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    All I know is that no one and I mean no one is more relieved about this outcome then Ray Ray McCloud...he shouldnt have a helmet to begin with and I'm still hoping the Steelers cut him lose. If Tomlin was looking for an excuse this is it. What's blatantly obvious is if the Steelers had even a reasonably capable backup he would be gone by now.

19. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't get all of the hate for Ray Ray. Not many punts or kickoffs are returned for many yards and has been that way for the last couple of years. He's a backup WR, no more at this time and no less.

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. I forgot about that when I mentioned Roethlisberger playing a smart game on the other thread. He thought they had 12 men on the field, but it was actually the 11th guy running off. That would have been one hell of a way to lose if the Bears used those 26 seconds to get a game-winning field goal.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They don't have one. They don't have another return guy because they can't afford to risk Johnson back there and they are very thin at receiver with Smith-Schuster gone for the season.

22. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Ray Ray just needs to hold onto the ball in that situation my main beef with him or more so the coaching staff is why he gets so much play on offense. He’s not any damn good!

23. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Hes a 4th round rookie. What do you expect?

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I've resigned myself to the fact that this offense will only function for >50% of the game.

First half the o-line played well, then the second half they seemed to fall apart.

25. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Him to not be starting anymore if Banner is healthy? I think we have seen enough for this season anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1