1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We won the game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 9, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Be happy.
    We’re struggling on offense and still finding ways to win the game.
    At this point we shouldn’t expect to win games by large margins.
    Instead of complaining about everything under the sun just pop open a cold one and enjoy the win.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. People seem 2 forget...even when we were putting up 30 points a game...they were still tight games most the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The object is to win. These so-called realist fans ( who by the way are never realistic with their expectations) are only satisfied if we totally dismantle the opposing team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    What's wrong with wanting your team to completely dismantle a sub-500 team missing its best player, starting a struggling rookie, playing at home?

I want to see the Steelers dominate a team for a full 60 minutes at least once or twice a season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't get extra points in the standings for dominating another team, it would be nice but style points don't matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nothing is wrong with wanting that. But at the same time no need to be all butt hurt when we win.

That’s all the conversation you’re getting out of me troll. Now buzz off.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't care as long as we win....it doesn't change the Win 2 a Gold star W if You win By 50 , or by 1...You don't win SB because You blow teams out in the regular season...ask the ravens...so now they are trying 2 just barely beat teams now.....LoL.
    Bills were leading in points scored...Yet they couldn't score a TD against the Jaguars this week....It's called the NFL....everyone gets paid

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It was a Win at the end of the day and that’s all that matters. It’s gets them to 5-3 and keeps them in the playoffs at the moment and within striking distance in the AFC North with a chance to be 6-3 if you can beat the only team in the league at home this week that has yet to win a game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    This one doesn’t feel like a win. Bears and refs did everything in their power for us to blow them out. Bears can’t even line up onside. Yet, we’re sweating a last second FG?

10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Call me old fashioned, but I want the Steelers to win each game by any means necessary.

Whether you win be 1 point or 50, it still counts the same lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    A win is win I'm happy we won.if ray ray does not fumble it would not of been close

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    True, but you don’t take four years off of my life either.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If this were true, Pittsburgh Dad wouldn’t exist

• Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Take away the RayRay fumble and the Steelers win fairly easily.

There were a lot of flaws to point out from last night. It doesn't bother me at all when people do. There were also a lot of good things. Scoring 2 first half TDs was a nice change of pace.

I never expected to blow the Bears out. When do the Steelers ever just blow a team out?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    There was still like 7 mins left and we were up 10 more than likely we eat a little clock then punt and are up 3 with a couple mins left trying to eat the last time up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers scored 29 points, highest regular season total since putting up 36 vs the Bengals on Nov 15, 2020.

They only scored more than 29 three times last year, four if the playoff game is included.

They didn’t score 29 at all in 2019.

Why is everyone pissed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A W is a W. Buffalo, Dallas, the Raiders and other favorites fared worse. It was a wild weekend, and but for the Vikings letting the Ravens off the hook after an LJ interception in OT, it would have been a near-perfect week for us in the standings.

Last night’s game further exposed some weaknesses, but we survived it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    A win only counts if we totally destroy the competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    But if we lose to a team with a worse record than us, it counts as 5 losses and drops us to last place in our division.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Obviously a W is a W but I don’t know how anyone can watch this offense especially Bens play and think this is even close to championship level. He’s not improving if anything he’s getting more and more beat up and becoming less effective. Pretender not a contender boys sorry.

If the offensive line was great maybe we could try and ride that strategy like a Trent Dilfer Brad Johnson Peytons last year. Problem is the O Line still is below average and our D is nowhere near those teams so……..

• Like Like x 1
  21. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I feel like we dominated the first half. I thought we looked great then. The typical meltdown/struggle to adjust second half wasn't great but the first half gave me hope. Next week scares me though....

• Like Like x 2
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    A win is great. No doubt. However, does this win make you feel more, less, or the have the same confidence going up against the Lions? Isn't feeling good about your team the quintessential objective in being a fan? I would have liked to have felt better after the Bears game. If we play like we did last night against the Lions, we could be in trouble. I think most members criticizing our play last night would prefer to get things fixed before our next game if that is possible.

23. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I don't call that a Steeler win. I call that an NFL referee win. There were so many stupid calls that were made against the Bears that cost them the game. In my humble opinion, we didn't beat them, the referees beat them.

One late hit on Fields that wasn't called.

One roughing the passer that wasn't called.

An illegal block, that wasn't an illegal block, that WAS called, and cost the Bears a touchdown.

A ridiculous taunting call against the Bears that gave us a first down instead of having to turn the ball over.

And we still had to sweat out a last second field goal to pull it out.

I'm just being honest.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers played like dung in the 2nd half and had a lot of help from the refs. Bears should have won this game. This feels like a loss... and Steelers have many losses coming up on the schedule.

25. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm glad they won. But this offense does not pass the eye test. I know, a win is a win. But you can see that this is not going to end well for the Steelers. Just like last year when we won 11 games in a row, I could just tell how it was going to end once they got to the playoff or why we struggled mightily at the end of the season.
    I'm not a fan of Canada's offense. It might be because our offensive line is suspect, our quarterback is suspect and our receivers are not the best, but i'm going hold off a little until we get some more pieces.