1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Melvin Ingram thinks he's better than Alex Highsmith

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you made it quite difficult to see why you have a problem with that particular reporter, and I'm not talking about the Cleveland thing. :facepalm:

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody is denying it and he didn't make the trip to Cleveland. It is interesting to see the instinct to attack the reporter around here, especially the way some go about it with this particular reporter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hold up wait a minute. I’m not attacking the reporter.
    She’s pretty much the only one that has reported it. Everything else I’ve seen it’s just someone re-posting her report. All I’m saying is I’d like to see a little bit more before I get too worked up about it. I don’t feel like that is unreasonable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The faster you cut cancer out the less chance of it spreading.

• Like Like x 2
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Yep for gods sake never call a female a broad or a dingbat,:rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You think she's making this up? You think Ingram lover riding the pine, because he's finally in Football Nirvana (aka, playing for the PGH Stillers)?
    All that has to happen to deflate the story is for Ingram or Tomlin to come out and flatly deny that Ingram wants out. You haven't seen that. No one in clueless local get-along-gang that covers the Steelers refutes the story.

Why is it so hard to believe that Ingram wants out? He has no history here. He knows his playing time is dropping. I'm sure he really believes he's better than Highsmith. He's not happy that he took a low ball contract in a low cap year, and now it looks like he wont play enough to leverage that deal into something better next yr. That the team likely want to keep him around as insurance isn't making him happier. So he's throwing a tantrum to attempt to get what he wants. It all seems perfectly logical to me.

So many Stiller fans want rah-rah good news coverage of this team. And they get it abundance from the local press. Where never is heard a discouraging word. But, sometimes the skies are cloudy all day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You guys can question Aditi all you want, but she's been doing this for awhile and every reporter has sources, it's not hard to believe his agent is feeding this info. If Ingram said this, I would think it would be hard to keep him on the team.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ian Rapoport reported it two weeks ago though.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wasn't Rapoport's story that there was interest from a few teams to trade for Ingram with KC making an offer? Not quite the same thing as saying he wants to be a starter, wants out of Pittsburgh and feels he is better than Highsmith.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes...SHE said, He said that...I want proof

• Like Like x 1
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I DO believe he wants out...But I don't believe he said he's better than Highsmith... She's the ONLY one saying that!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ok, you think she made the whole thing up. Why would she?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Because... That's what she does, She's a Browns Fan and... She's into that Shock talk...

What better way to TRY and drive a wedge in the Steelers program ( after an embarrassing loss ) than TRY and stir S*** up

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Pretty weak story to stir up crap. The #3 OLB is unhappy? If she really wanted to rile you up, she could have made up that Ben and Canada hate each other so much, that they only talk to each other through intermediaries. That’s why Canada up in booth, they can stand to be next to each other. That would be a far better story to fabricate. And if either party denied it, to many it would only reinforce that is true.

Adidi comes on a 93.6 Fan radio show every week. To me she seems enough of a pro Stiller fan boy, thst she could be a part of the local media. But I must be oblivious to her rabid Brown fandom.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    which is what baffles me about Tomlin. Play your BEST PLAYERS. WHat did they tell Ingram when they brought him in? The same lie we gave to Blount back in 2016?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Traded

A lot of gossip, but whatever happened as far as he said she said, bottom line KC made an offer and Pittsburgh accepted end of story

Also, how did the defense do last week with Ingram not seeing the field? Probably had the best defensive game so far this season

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s not unreasonable but if you don’t fall all over yourself believing every single report you are a media biased hater.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Ingram will quickly learn what Dupree learned. Lining up on the other side of Watt with Heyward in between makes you a better player than you really are

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Years ago there was a chain of restaurants named Dingbats. My wife was at one with her girlfriend. She called and said “we’re at Dingbats”. My response was not well received.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Well, Ingram is simply wrong about being better than Highsmith.

22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Probably told him he would need to earn the starting job. Obviously he didn’t because the D was cruising w/o him last week

• Like Like x 2
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreeably, some are off the deep end here.

Scribe, back in the day were you a newspaper article writer? Am I correct? I at the time would read all of those articles, and took them to be accurate because the writer actually had real information and checked it. If an error was made, it was corrected the next day.

Now, so called journalists, or wanna be’s can post anything on social media pretty much without repercussion. A lot of that type of material has been copied onto posts here only to be found to be false later. Some of that false information has been posted by the same OP.

I know little about the lady in question, but like Glenn, because of concern, or lack of confidence from how it was presented, I’m going to wait and see if any actual facts come out.

• Winner Winner x 4
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Home...Home on the range where the deer, and the antelope play

25. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry for the blowup, carry on...Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 2