1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Best win of the season IMO

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Oct 31, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This game was a blowout if Tomlin doesn’t call for a fake fg and / or the officials just called a fair game.

on the field we kicked their ass. Awesome job against the run and we ran the ball brilliantly. The Rookie TE and RB are breaking out. Awesome win.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Benny Lava will soon trash this tread.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Didn't get to watch. For some reason we got Philly vs. Detroit, so I actually didn't get to watch any football. Followed it on ESPN, which is probably good, because my TV might have been damaged during the fake field goal, and my blood pressure wouldv'e skyrocketed during the stains last two drives inside the 30.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    YES
    YES! Great game!Very resilient!

5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Devin Bush stinks, Highsmith i was wrong about. last two weeks he's made plays.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    We seemed to have found a personality as a team. We now have an identity if we keep doing what we are doing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Best win for sure. Excellent performance by the defense. Best offensive performance of the season. Great win!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Darn tootin! A win like this is so satisfying....The Refs did all they could to have Cleveland win, so did Tomlin -- and the Steelers still win! Now we move into legit Playoff contention. All Good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    and now Cincy loses to the Jets!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I know some of you think differently, but we are not too far from competing with anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, it was a great win. We played well on both offense and defense. We were able to run the ball, we had a solid game plan with the wide pitches and reverses to slow the pass rush a bit, and Ben made enough good plays (and no picks) to get us the points to win. Shout out to Friermuth on the 4th down TD catch... Excellent play. On defense, we stopped the run (minus the TD run and one or two other 8-12 yard runs) and made Baker beat us with his arm to win the game. I will take that bet 10 times out of 10.

We outplayed them by more than 5 points, but I will take the win regardless. Last place Browns, just like it should be :) Go Burgh.

• Like Like x 3
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah I was never worried about Highsmith. He's been excellent against the run and it was only a matter of time before the sacks came. He was very disruptive today. Bush.... I'm beginning to be on the Bush stinks train too. Just too many mistakes that someone thats been in the league as long as him shouldn't make. I dont really want us to pick up his 5th year option. Either sign someone or draft another guy. Chalk that one up as a loss. It sucks, because we gave up a lot to get him... but you can't get every pick right.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Great day

Steelers beat browns in their turf
    Bengals lose to a crap team
    Eagles win big for @steel machine

can’t complain(other than the loud ass noises in my head)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  14. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

If we can not stop the run then our season was over… we stopped the best running game in the nfl. So we are still alive.

I think to have a shot at winning a playoff game we must fix our passing game. Ben is still struggling to find any chemistry with our Wr’s. Getting Harris and Pat into the game should open things up but Ben needs to find his mojo and our o-line must get better at pass blocking.

15. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Best game I’ve seen in a long time minus getting the kicker killed by the coach of the year

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Timbrr

Timbrr Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Boz getting hurt is a real downer. On the plus side the offensive line is starting to come together. If we can stay healthy we are going to win several more games. Happy Halloween everyone. See you next Monday night.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I agree best win of the season and might be the type of win the team needs to have confidence for the rest of the year against any team we play. I was one that felt the Boswell fake field goal was a horrible call and the Steelers had no chance after that play. Great to see the team overcome not having a kicker for field goals or kickoffs and win the game. Maybe this team is more special than we think or worst case they have more heart and pride than any of us give them credit for playing for the best organization in the NFL.

18. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Classic signature win. We’re back in the AFCN race and beat the Browns at their own game. And like we all said sticking to the running game would eventually pay off as the line gelled with game time reps.

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As long as the Lions don't beat us I'm good. I had a wonderful time watching with Brown fans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I just don't understand why the Browns did not stick to their run game.

Tomlin must have faked someone out because the Brown started the game passing on first down 7 of the first 8 1st and Tens.

21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The offensive line allowed a couple of sacks, but they ran the ball well today. This whole team seems to play hard for one another. As good as this offense was when it had more talent, that vibe was missing the last couple of years with some of the character that are no longer here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    A very good win overall. The most important aspect of this remains the continuation of the development of the young Offensive Line. Again, some more of those aforementioned growing pains did rear their ugly head but this performance was still a very good one overall. If I am Coach Tomlin, I would still leave Dan Moore out there despite a rough day against Myles Garrett. For that matter, Myles has truly crushed all before him this season sans RaShawn Slater of the Los Angeles Chargers. Even so, a great teaching moment for him and one I am certain that will assist him moving forward in terms of what he needs to work on.

Defensively speaking... agree with some that today's performance was the absolute worst by Devin Bush. Just... yikes!!! However, I still would not give up on him just yet. He claims he is fully removed from the injury and I do not agree with him... partially anyways. The athletic ailments may be gone but some of those psychological ones still remain; the D'Ernest Johnson Touchdown being chief among them. Bush initially had the correct angle but as opposed to merely cutting inside to stymie the run all together, he works himself outside; taking away any outside help that Minkah would have provided. Thus far, 2021 has not been kind to Devin Bush Jr though I believe he can bounce back come later in the year. Isaiahh Loudermilk looked very impressive overall though. James Pierre was good as well.

Overall, I would say that this team is beginning to find itself. Again, nothing set in stone but a major step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers have to get a competent third WR. Washington has disappeared and Ray Ray is simply a kick returner and a bad one at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Same for backup rb. They had negative rush yards from the backups. I thought I would see more out of Anthony McFarland today since everyone said he played under MC in the past. I understand it's his 1st game back. He had 1 touch for one yd. This guy is a wasted pick also, regardless.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  25. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Reading the Stains forum you would think they just lost to the worse team in the league and they have no chance at beating anyone if they can't beat the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1