1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Fined For Punching At Ball

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 25, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I know it's your thing but kind of glad the Steelers didn't draft him. I fear that the coaching he would have received in Pittsburgh would do him no favors. Seeing Bush, Schobert, Spillane and Edmunds all jump the 1st gap they see just like Vince used to kind of indicates its coaching.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Someone was in a mood tonight. LoL

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'll take the chance that the All-Pro could have managed.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i get that but throwing that many punches and no ejection. that's not normal. the refs are so inconsistent. there was a call in last nights game of roughing the passer with a blow to the head from a ref behind the play. there was no head or neck contact if you saw it from the front. the refs throw phantom flags all the time without actually seeing what happened. perception calls. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

most times a punch being thrown, and almost always multiple punches being thrown is an ejection. if that's what the fine was for then an ejection was warranted. they knew he was punching at the ball, but roger didn't like the look of it. :cool:

6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I watched it live and the live replay. He clearly hit the player.

7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If he didn’t make contact with the player there would have been no flag or fine.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not necessarily. many a flag have been thrown this year where the refs perceived a penalty that didn't actually happen the way they thought it did. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    yes, but in those case he punched the player.

10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I can agree with the bolded, but not the middle. Many players are fined for hits made that draw the flag - I don't have the numbers, but I'd argue the majority weren't ejected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The game last night was very close to being a case where the refs lost control of the game. The fighting between the Seahawks receivers and the Saints secondary was down right nasty. Not sure why there wasn't more penalties or ejections. Metcalf and Lattimore were after each other all night.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    My first thought was he is getting kicked out or suspended. Although last night one of the Saints defenders made a fist to go after the ball, but the player was down before he attempted to "punch it out"

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I seen a player get struck 2 the Head from another, and no ejection also.

14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Some of those Saints DT's were doing everything they could legally do to Geno Smith as well. If it had been a QB named Brady a lot of yellow hankies would have been raining down.

Speaking of the GOAT I'm going to be interested in how he spins the reasons for his joke on the alternate broadcast with the Manning's. He basically called all defensive players stupid and there is a reason they don't play offense which is harder. :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Well... to be fair in Marshon's case, D.K. is more so of an instigator than most are willing to believe. Realistically speaking, he is a front runner, through and through. Lattimore is not one to back down from a challenge; doubly so a Top receiver.

Keep in mind also that D.K. Metcalf had cost his team a game, critiqued a HOF Players Resume with no knowledge of him and had looked silly doing so; all leading up to the Monday Night game. Not a good week for him at all; frustration likely reaching critical levels by this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes I seen, and Heard that by Brady. 1st thing I thought was... they will really Be coming after You now Brady.
    I also Liked How Drew B...couldn't answer the Question about whether they ran the same plays, or Offense with Him as they do now...He got all red faced. LoL.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You write that as if teams haven't been gunning for Brady for years, not just because he is so good, but also because he is an arrogant ass.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well ...maybe they will try even harder now.:thumbs_up:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    It was a friendly Wisconsin tap, saying “Hey dar fella”

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Still don't understand how a 44 year old can start game in and game out without a limiting injury. You have the oldest QB in the league and yet you don't even have to worry about having a competent backup because they'll never have to play anyway.

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey iggbunch68.

Your Quote: "The NFL keeps becoming a bigger and bigger joke weekly."

I could not agree more. The whole concept of the NFL has gone Hollywood in one sense. I guess in part it is a result of the advancements in telecommunications with the introduction of Cable TV and the Internet. All the talking heads and their pre-determined stances that they take on their shows. Getting paid millions of dollars to be cute and not funny. Where do I sign up for that job? The NFL Channel morning crew is the worst. What a bunch of clowns.

Now, throw in the biggest person responsible for most of the NFL's downfall, Goofdell, and his BS. He is an overpaid Bozo that has never been consistent with punishments and protocols. He is a complete puppet to the owners. Again sign me up. No, actually forget that as I have too much integrity to take his job..

The game has become nearly unbearable to watch. I cannot figure out when and when not "Play Review" is allowed. When it seems logical there is some bogus "loophole" in the protocols that do not "allow" it to be used.

The announcers, analysts, coaches and other non-players coddle and justify player behaviors that would get most of us fired at our jobs. "Oh, he (player) is just passionate that is why he punched another player or was arguing on the sideline with his Coach." "Oh, he really is a great guy from the entire two interviews that I have done with him." Coming across as if they know these players like a relative. They do not know jack about these players and their lives. "Oh what a great story his life is." "He is such a great person that has overcome so much adversity in his life." Again, these announcers, analysts, coaches, etc. do not sh_ _ about these players.

It seems to be a league of enablers and self-entitled whiners that are more concerned about promoting their "Brands" than anything else.
    I have never seen so many Wide Receivers signal for the flag. You can barely touch the quarterback. The referees and rules' committee expect defensive players to somehow magically and physically stop in mid-flight from preventing themselves from tackling a player who ducks down and is actually the reason for a helmet-helmet hit.

I don't know. I am just rambling on about a few of the many things that have discouraged me. Part of it also may be is that I am an "older" fan per se. I have been watching since the early 1970's so I have generations to compare to one another. I remember how things used to be and how they have transformed (for the unbearable IMO) to where we are now. Kick returns are near zero. That was such a great part of the game.

Back to the review of a play. I just turn to another channel and come back in about ten minutes or so, knowing that is about how long that it is going to take to come up with a decision.

Again, I am just thinking of things on a whim here. There are many more I am sure.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 2